Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hog Hockey Player SEC Player of the Week  (Read 506 times)

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
Hog Hockey Player SEC Player of the Week
« on: January 18, 2012, 11:08:57 AM »
Saw this on facebook, thought I would post here.

http://hockeyyall.com/?p=6515

South Eastern Collegiate Hockey Conference   Auburn’s Pete Leone and Arkansas’ Marty Sundstedt, the conference’s co-Players of the Week.

Leone, a graduating senior who helped found the two-year-old club, had a four-point night in the Tigers’ 7-3 win at aMm on Saturday.

He scored one of his three goals and set up another during the Tigers’ three-goal, 67-second eruption in the third period.

Sundstedt not only factored in four Arkansas goals in the Razorbacks’ sweep (5-1 and 5-4) of a DII North Texas team that was 17-1 going into the weekend, he also was a stalwart defensively.

“He works hard every practice and that work ethic carries over to games,” said Brian Gallini, Arkansas’ head coach. “Stats aside, he was an instrumental part of killing a 5-on-3 PK late in Saturday night’s contest.”

The other nominees were goalie C. J. Layer and forward Zack Berry of Georgia Tech, and forward Michael Dutka and defenseman Scott Schwartz of Florida.

Great game on Saturday night if you were there. WPS!

Offline Pork Soda

• ...Tapenade
  • Tush Hog
Re: Hog Hockey Player SEC Player of the Week
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 11:38:39 AM »
:thumbup: Congrats to Marty.

Wow.  I love defense in all sports, and killing a 5-on-3 is awesome when you're the team that's down 2 men.  Sucks when it's your team that can't score in that situation.

Offline nordlaw

• Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.
  • A Shoat
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 04:22:39 PM »
 :thumbup:

Atta boy #24.

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 04:59:03 PM »
We had long stretches on the PK in the Friday night game.  There was one stretch near he emd of the 2nd where we spent about 8 straight minutes down at least 5-4 and a good bit of that down 5-3.  UNT got nada out of all that.
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 05:15:00 PM »
We had long stretches on the PK in the Friday night game.  There was one stretch near he emd of the 2nd where we spent about 8 straight minutes down at least 5-4 and a good bit of that down 5-3.  UNT got nada out of all that.

Watching the second game, we thought the refs were not calling anything on UNT and then not much on us until late in the third period. UNT's goalie was damn good during those two periods.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 20 queries.