Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hot Stove News  (Read 1164 times)

Offline snoots

• Tush Hog
  • "Get them to sign on the line which is dotted"
Hot Stove News
« on: January 18, 2012, 05:54:13 PM »
Texas Rangers sign Yu Darvish.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/?topId=7475375

Offline boomer_sooie

• Boar
Re: Hot Stove News
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 09:35:40 AM »
I can't believe the Tigers just paid 200+ million to move their current overweight and out of shape first baseman back to third, so they can insert a new overweight and out of shape player at first base.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 09:38:11 AM »
I can't believe the Tigers just paid 200+ million to move their current overweight and out of shape first baseman back to third, so they can insert a new overweight and out of shape player at first base.

Is Miguel Cabrera's contract and/or drinking problem so big that he is untradeable?
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 09:40:11 AM »

Hope the Tigers' pitchers and catchers spend extra time in Florida working on bunt defense.
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 10:04:04 AM »

The American League has this strange rule where your pitcher doesn't have to bat.  You can use a hitter that doesn't play in the field to bat in the pitcher's spot.  I'm not sure what the name of this position is, or if it's even going to last long term, but it sounds like Cabrera might be able to handle such a job. 

Offline Scotty Doesn't Know

• Guns. Boom. America.
  • Boar
  • Not a doctor.
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 10:14:43 AM »

Brandon Inge plays first and has an eating disorder? Damn. My fantasy team is shot to aMm now.
Every day, the future looks a little bit darker. But the past... even the grimy parts of it... keep on getting brighter.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 03:30:22 PM »
Awesome.

Two AL teams have tied themselves up with long-term contracts that will keep them paying and paying long after the talent's gone.

Sweet.

LA and Detroit will have their own A-Rod deals.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 20 queries.