Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RIP Joe Pa  (Read 1953 times)

Offline 501 Hawgz

• Wild Hog
  • Just gettin' warmed up
RIP Joe Pa
« on: January 22, 2012, 09:43:55 AM »
I know there's already a thread about the Penn State scandal but he deserves his own. I feel bad for the way he went out, but I think he just lost his will to live. Head coach since 1966. RIP Joe Pa and my condolences to the family.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=7489238

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
  • They buy me nice school clothes.
Re: RIP Joe Pa
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 09:53:24 AM »
RIP JoePa's colon apart, Satan.  Press him against the molten tile wall of the showers of Starkville.

Offline Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 10:56:28 AM »
You know you put way too much in to a job when not getting to do it anymore kills you.

Offline hogsrunwild

• King of the Hogs
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 10:59:54 AM »
He got off easy in this life, I'm not so sure about the next.  He allowed boys to get raped and did not jack aMm about it.  That puts him very low in my book.  I hope his death was painful.
Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 11:02:50 AM »
Young troubled teenage boys in College Station can feel safer now.

Offline capnthog

• Poorly qualified to represent the LBC.
  • Boar
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 11:07:11 AM »
Yep, he's dead as fried chicken.

And the networks will douche up a fine day of championship games "remembering him".
Eat me.

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 11:12:33 AM »
Sheep on the other hand...

Seriously, wtf does College Station have to do with Joe Paterno?

State College, PA?

Offline AGNK

• WPS
  • Boar
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 11:21:09 AM »
Sad. Everything that happened is just sad. Wish he could have gone out more dignified.

Offline Porkrinds

• Boar
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 11:30:10 AM »
Sad. Everything that happened is just sad. Wish he could have gone out more dignified.

If he had simply done what he should have and reported what he knew, we would be having a different discussion right now.

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 11:31:43 AM »
Frick him. What's sad is JoePa (among several others) sitting on/covering up child molestation for over a decade. There's no dignified way to acknowledge he did nothing while that went down on his watch.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline AGNK

• WPS
  • Boar
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 12:24:44 PM »
Frick him. What's sad is JoePa (among several others) sitting on/covering up child molestation for over a decade. There's no dignified way to acknowledge he did nothing while that went down on his watch.
Yeah, that was pretty much my point. I don't think he knew Sandusky was repeatedly fricking kids in the ass while he (JoePa) sat at the house watching Barnaby Miller reruns, but his lack of action was his downfall. He should have done everything to end all of that aMm, but he didn't. So much of it is on his shoulders.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 12:27:36 PM »
If you want credit for all the wins and hold on to all that power even when it is obvious that you are placing yourself above the institution you profess to "love" and doing more harm than good to it, well then it's on you too if the whole thing goes to crap.   

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 12:35:30 PM »
He died as he lived, failing to stop a cancer.

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 12:35:43 PM »
Good men protect children.
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline asshat

• Tush Hog
  • Hates all things Auburn
    • please click here to see the World Famous Artist Sean Terrence Best !!
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 12:37:33 PM »

They are never going to be safe in College Station.
Quote from: Duckman
This is exactly where we are at, dead on:  To everyone that is hushing the Gruden talk, stop it, there IS a deal in place...

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 12:41:17 PM »
Is it really necessary to pre-empt all other coverage to talk about Paterno's death?  He was 85, which is past the American average age.  ESPN is covering this because of what a deranged old man did to young boys in a shower on the Penn State campus and that Paterno did nothing about.

And now they read a statement issued by Sandusky on the air.  Great job, ESPN.  The headline should be "Child sexual abusers everywhere mourn the death of Joe Paterno, one of the greatest enablers in history."

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 12:41:48 PM »

This is perfect.

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 12:43:06 PM »
They are never going to be safe in College Station.

ISWYDT.   :thumbup:

Offline 501 Boyz

• Boar
RIP Joe Pa
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 12:44:36 PM »
Looks like Snake-Eyes took him out

Offline aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 01:30:32 PM »
Is it really necessary to pre-empt all other coverage to talk about Paterno's death?  He was 85, which is past the American average age.  ESPN is covering this because of what a deranged old man did to young boys in a shower on the Penn State campus and that Paterno did nothing about.

And now they read a statement issued by Sandusky on the air.  Great job, ESPN.  The headline should be "Child sexual abusers everywhere mourn the death of Joe Paterno, one of the greatest enablers in history."

They would have done the same had the rape stuff not come out. Suggesting otherwise shows a poor grasp of how the sports media operates. And an obvious lack of understanding of how well liked the guy was. You act as if they would have done a ho hum 15 minute posthumous career review and went right back to talking about why the Knicks suck.

We as outsiders look at the horrid cover up and cannot stand and listen to people gush about this man as if he were the pope. That is fine and I agree it is terrible that such people exist in the world and act as if the law and decency don't apply to them. So far as we know, JoePa falls into this category even if he failed to comprehend the implications as they unfolded. The media is not going to pile on any more than they already have...way too many in the Penn State family would disagree with the way he was let go. Not all of those people are evil ass fuckers, some just don't want to see what is right in front of them, Joe included.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 01:38:31 PM by aNiMaL »
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 01:47:18 PM »
They would have done the same had the rape stuff not come out. Suggesting otherwise shows a poor grasp of how the sports media operates. And an obvious lack of understanding of how well liked the guy was. You act as if they would have done a ho hum 15 minute posthumous career review and went right back to talking about why the Knicks suck.

We as outsiders look at the horrid cover up and cannot stand and listen to people gush about this man as if he were the pope. That is fine and I agree it is terrible that such people exist in the world and act as if the law and decency don't apply to them. So far as we know, JoePa falls into this category even if he failed to comprehend the implications as they unfolded. The media is not going to pile on any more than they already have...way too many in the Penn State family would disagree with the way he was let go. Not all of those people are evil ass frickers, some just don't want to see what is right in front of them, Joe included.

I feel that the coverage is ESPN's attempt at appeasing those who disagreed with the way Paterno was treated in all of this. I understand how the sports media operates - that doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• Ask me about my givafuck. I promise you've never seen one more broken.
  • King of the Hogs
  • All the fricks that were once given have been lost.
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 03:33:15 PM »

Money.$$$

Sad, but spot-on.
Regular guy.

That's me.

Offline PorkSaladAnnie

• Tush Hog
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 03:41:12 PM »
Won't miss the vitriolic old prick.
He aMm in his own messkit about as bad as anybody ever has.
"Whether you're Black or White;
 Country, Redneck or Freak;
 Young or Old;
 From London, to Moscow or Memphis;
 Elvis Presley will still be the King of Rock & Roll."

Offline UnderHog

• Keeper of the Flame
  • Wild Hog
  • More is better than less.
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 06:22:09 PM »
If you want credit for all the wins and hold on to all that power even when it is obvious that you are placing yourself above the institution you profess to "love" and doing more harm than good to it, well then it's on you too if the whole thing goes to crap.

Correct.  Many had tried to get him to retire over the years (including right before he was fired).  They cared about the program.  They cared about him.  He should have listened to them.
There are no free lunches.

Online Mike Slive

• Boar
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2012, 06:31:30 PM »
8 year olds, Dude. 8 year olds.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 20 queries.