Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: #1  (Read 4009 times)

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • UPGRAYEDD. Two D's for a double dose of pimpin'.
Re: #1
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 06:50:13 PM »
I realise you are talking about college but it surprised me how prevalent high school wrestling has become. Especially the kid right here in RussVegas who, I think won state in his class (106#?) and he has no legs and only one arm.

I think there may be a vid on here somewhere.

Taught me not to complain.  Well, much.
Louden Swain is impressed with that kind of dedication to making a weight.

/lunaticfringe]
The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • Habitually stepping over...
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 07:39:17 PM »
You wanted a matching Leotard? :stunned:

Well, my wife was a competitive gymnast through college.  She'd prolly still look pretty good in one, especially a Razorback one.

Offline Splurge

• is crawling on his belly clearing out what could have been
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 08:38:20 AM »
Well, my wife was a competitive gymnast through college.  She'd prolly still look pretty good in one, especially a Razorback one.

Pics or GTFO

Offline cotte

• Woopig Softballah - SS, #11
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 09:30:30 AM »

Duckman calls you a bullshitting liar.
We're going to pick em up when they come off the damn bus. We gonna guard people.
Mike Anderson - March 26th, 2011

Offline GuinnessHog

• ( . ) ( . )
  • Boar
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 09:39:26 AM »

Pics or GTFO

Duckman calls you a bullshitting liar.

Offline JoeBobHog

• Git to fuckin'.
  • King of the Hogs
  • your wife's puthy tastes like sweet butter.
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 10:46:13 AM »
Louden Swain is impressed with that kind of dedication to making a weight.

/lunaticfringe]

your gonna burn.

:notexas:
Irvin: BWAAHAHAHA! (yelling) Aw mane!  Deion, scrin scranton!  BWAAHAHAHA!  Got to grisna!  Like T.O.!  BWAAHAHAHA!
Sanders: BWAAHAHAHA!
Marino: OK, well like we were saying before, McNair will display the toughness and show the kind of heart that...
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (yelling) You know I scrilleous crate!  Grab a pen in traven!  BWAAAHAHAHA!  Sh*t!  Now I'm say!  Aw mane!
Sanders: HA HA!  Crenious shanta!  BWAAAHAHAHA!
Marino: What?
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (pushes Sanders in shoulder, falls backward out of chair)
Sanders:  Aw mane!
Irvin: (from ground)  BWAAAHAHAHA!

H.P. 4/27/04

Online CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 02:16:10 PM »
Men's Track is ranked #1 in this week's poll also.

Women's Track is #3.

Baseball as high as #4 in pre-seaosn.

Gymnastics #1.

Football finished #5.

:thumbup:

Offline intercept

• Wild Hog
  • A legend and an out-of-work bum look a lot a like.
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 06:44:16 PM »

Women's Track is #3.

Gymnastics #1.

Football finished #5.

This deserves its on thread... good time to be a Razorback.

Read some place else where the golf teams and swimming teams are ranked fairly high too.

Offline Hatchclan

• CBB, CMA, & CDVH = SUCCESS
  • A Shoat
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 07:00:06 AM »

Women's Track is #3.

Gymnastics #1.

Football finished #5.

From Baseballamerica.com: http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/top-25/2011/2612851.html

4. ARKANSAS
2011 Record (Ranking): 40-22 (24). RPI: 14.

Coach (Record at school): Dave Van Horn (359-201, 9 years).

Postseason History: 24 regional appearances (active streak: 10), 6 CWS appearances (last in 2009), 0 national titles.
2012 Lineup
Pos. Name, Yr. AVG OBP SLG HR RBI SB
C Jake Wise, So. .163 .200 .233 1 5 0
1B Dominic Ficociello, So. .335 .364 .464 4 50 5
2B Bo Bigham, Sr. .291 .354 .371 2 20 17
3B Matt Reynolds, Jr. .243 .359 .351 3 22 16
SS Tim Carver, Sr. .232 .305 .271 1 13 24
LF Brian Anderson, Fr. HS—Edmund, Okla.

CF Jacob Morris, So. .194 .325 .254 0 5 2
RF Matt Vinson, Jr. .221 .302 .390 2 8 2
DH Sam Bates, Sr. .237 .343 .339 0 7 1
Pos Name, Yr. W L ERA IP SO SV
RHP D.J. Baxendale, Jr. 10 2 1.58 85 77 3
RHP Ryne Stanek, So. 4 2 3.94 64 41 1
LHP Randall Fant, Jr. 3 5 3.89 69 35 0
RP Nolan Sanburn, So. 2 4 3.62 32 35 8

Hitting: 60. After ranking 219th in the nation with a .270 team batting average last year, Arkansas figures to be much more dangerous offensively in 2012. The switch-hitting Ficociello has electric bat speed and figures to build on his freshman All-America 2011 campaign. Reynolds hit just .233 in his first two collegiate seasons but toned down his approach and posted a strong summer for Team USA and in the Cape League, making him a major breakout candidate. The pesky Bigham should be a sparkplug atop the lineup, and the ultra-athletic Morris made strides offensively after abandoning switch-hitting to concentrate on hitting from the right side. Wise hopes to build on a strong summer in the Northwoods League.

Power: 55. Expect Ficociello to take another step toward harnessing his big raw power as he matures physically. Fellow switch-hitter Vinson also has power from both sides and needs to translate his ability into games. Bates brings intriguing lefthanded pop, while the physical Morris and surprising Fr. C John Clay Reeves offer decent righthanded power potential.

Speed: 65. The Razorbacks typically run an aggressive offense—they ranked sixth in the nation in steals (122) last year—and figure to play a similar style this year. Carver is the best basestealer on the team, but Bigham and Reynolds are also good baserunners who could reach 20 steals. Anderson and Morris bring plus or better speed.

Defense: 70. Arkansas boasts a rock-solid fifth-year senior at shortstop in Carver, and the other three infielders are also excellent defenders. Anderson (who also has good actions in the infield), Morris and Vinson are all quality defensive outfielders with strong arms, while Wise and Reeves should make an able platoon behind the plate. This should be one of the nation's best defenses.

D.J. Baxendale (Photo by Bill Mitchell) 
Starting Pitching: 70. Baxendale is a dogged competitor who beat Michael Roth, Hudson Randall and Sonny Gray, among others, as a sophomore. He throws his 89-93 mph fastball from various arm slots and keeps hitters off balance with three quality secondary pitches. Stanek has one of the nation's most electric arms, with a lively 92-97 mph fastball, a hammer curveball, hard slider and promising changeup, though he's still learning to harness his command and mechanics. Fant's 88-91 fastball bumps 93, his changeup is a serious weapon, and his cutter is developing into a solid third pitch. So. RHP Barrett Astin gives this staff a fourth potential starter with good stuff: a lively low-90s fastball and an upper-80s cutter.

Starting Pitching: 65. Sanburn, like Stanek, has filthy stuff but is still learning to repeat it. His 91-94 mph fastball reaches 98 at times, his 81-85 mph breaking ball has good depth when he stays on top of it, and his changeup made strides in the summer and fall. Jr. LHP Trent Daniel can run his fastball up to 94 mph, while sophomores Colby Suggs and Brandon Moore are quality options from the right side. A talented group of freshmen—led by LHP Mark Reyes and RHP Greg Millhorn—plus Morris' two-way ability makes this a very deep group.

Experience/Intangibles: 65. With five upperclassmen penciled into the starting lineup and two more in the weekend rotation, Arkansas has plenty of experience. Bigham and Carver give the Hogs a pair of key holdovers from the 2009 CWS team.

Baseball America OFP: 70. Arkansas has a deep, talented roster and few discernible weaknesses. The Hogs are the favorites to win the SEC West and are legit national title contenders.
Beer has food value, but food has no beer value.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • Habitually stepping over...
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2012, 05:42:58 PM »
Pics or GTFO

Tell you what, post a link to your Facebook page and I'll post them on your wall.

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2012, 06:15:39 PM »
It would be kind of cool to have a pic of all the coaches together.  Even our club hockey team is kicking ass. When the Starkville did we become such a national power?  Can you imagine how we will be in 10 years when we get over our setback.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.298 seconds with 21 queries.