Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Official 2012 Recruiting Class Thread  (Read 47541 times)

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
Re: Official 2012 Recruiting Class Thread
« Reply #225 on: February 01, 2012, 11:09:54 AM »
I hate to keep bringing this aMm up, but I just saw this kids name scroll on ESPNU. He's the #140th ranked OT in the class. After two back-to back-top 10 finishes can we not reach a little bit higher?

/rollercoaster

I don't think he was a priority. More like a backup plan.

Offline geohul

• Guy who bitches about weed on the internet.
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #226 on: February 01, 2012, 11:13:41 AM »
Vandy is closing with a higher ranked class.  I do not understand this.  Losing DGB hurts.  We all love to talk about BMFP's ability to evaluate talent that is right for his system.  What does it tell you that the whole staff busted their asses for 2 years to try to get that kid on campus only to fail at the end?  It says that BMFP knew DGB would have been a monster for us.  Weather some of you like it or not stars do matter. Not on the field, but in the living room of next years recruits and you can bet that other SEC coaches will point to them and use them against us.  i.e. "If Arkansas had an 11 win season and a top 5 finish why didn't they sign a class in the top 30?  Do you really want to be a part of a team that had the best season in 30 years and can't get a guy who fits their system perfectly and lives right down the road?  Something is going on there." etc...

Are we signing some kids who are just as talented as some high 4 stars and even 5 stars? Yes.  But when you are the favorite for 6 months to sign the #1 recruit in the country and you lose him with 48 hours to go, that is devastating.  Do more stars equal more talent?  Not nessecarily.  But just think if BMFP can coach up a guy who is a 2 star recruit and 4 years later have that guy be evaluated a 4 or 5 star, what could he have done with a DGB or any other top rated recruit.  We will be fine in 2012.  Possibly even National Champs.  But at some point one would think we would see some of that success translate into top rated recruiting classes.  As of my typing this we are at best the 11th ranked class in the SEC by ESPN.  You and I know that's bullshit, but other 18 year old kids we are recruiting for 2013 don't.  That's why having DGB put on a Hog hat on national TV would have been such a huge coup for our coaches.  Furthermore, after this next season we will be looked at for better or worse as a team that is rebuilding.  That means we'll get no respect from the media to start the 2013 season and our ranking won't be where we will all feel it should be to start the season.  With polls still playing such a huge part in BCS births, the difference between a top 10 preseason ranking and a top 20 preseason ranking could mean the difference between the BCS championship and the Sugar or Cotton again. 

We will be fine in the long run.  BMFP is a fantastic coach.  I'd just like to see us make a splash and have one top 10 recruiting class.  It would help to shuck the perception of Arkansas as a mid tier or low tier SEC team both amongst other SEC schools, recruits, and the media. 

Offline Old Dirty Boarstard

• Boar
  • quack
« Reply #227 on: February 01, 2012, 11:14:53 AM »
Javon Williams family wearing UCLA gear according to twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/KevinPStewart/status/164754596982558720

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #228 on: February 01, 2012, 11:15:19 AM »
We will be fine in the long run.  BMFP is a fantastic coach.  I'd just like to see us make a splash and have one top 10 recruiting class.  It would help to shuck the perception of Arkansas as a mid tier or low tier SEC team both amongst other SEC schools, recruits, and the media. 

You should have just posted this part.
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline TC

• Boar
« Reply #229 on: February 01, 2012, 11:16:36 AM »
I hate to keep bringing this aMm up, but I just saw this kids name scroll on ESPNU. He's the #140th ranked OT in the class. After two back-to back-top 10 finishes can we not reach a little bit higher?

/rollercoaster

What the frick man?  Either you put your hope in these jackwagon recriting services, which it appears you have and are a dumbass for doing so, or you shut the frick up with this aMm and trust BMFP.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #230 on: February 01, 2012, 11:17:37 AM »

Could be the old switcheroo in action.

Or, we could have lost out on a third big WR recruit in two days. 

It's possible we're not offering enough under-the-table incentives to these guys.

Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• Like Teats on a
  • Boar
« Reply #231 on: February 01, 2012, 11:22:01 AM »
Vandy is closing with a higher ranked class.  I do not understand this.  Losing DGB hurts.  We all love to talk about BMFP's ability to evaluate talent that is right for his system.  What does it tell you that the whole staff busted their asses for 2 years to try to get that kid on campus only to fail at the end?  It says that BMFP knew DGB would have been a monster for us.  Weather some of you like it or not stars do matter. Not on the field, but in the living room of next years recruits and you can bet that other SEC coaches will point to them and use them against us.  i.e. "If Arkansas had an 11 win season and a top 5 finish why didn't they sign a class in the top 30?  Do you really want to be a part of a team that had the best season in 30 years and can't get a guy who fits their system perfectly and lives right down the road?  Something is going on there." etc...

Are we signing some kids who are just as talented as some high 4 stars and even 5 stars? Yes.  But when you are the favorite for 6 months to sign the #1 recruit in the country and you lose him with 48 hours to go, that is devastating.  Do more stars equal more talent?  Not nessecarily.  But just think if BMFP can coach up a guy who is a 2 star recruit and 4 years later have that guy be evaluated a 4 or 5 star, what could he have done with a DGB or any other top rated recruit.  We will be fine in 2012.  Possibly even National Champs.  But at some point one would think we would see some of that success translate into top rated recruiting classes.  As of my typing this we are at best the 11th ranked class in the SEC by ESPN.  You and I know that's bullshit, but other 18 year old kids we are recruiting for 2013 don't.  That's why having DGB put on a Hog hat on national TV would have been such a huge coup for our coaches.  Furthermore, after this next season we will be looked at for better or worse as a team that is rebuilding.  That means we'll get no respect from the media to start the 2013 season and our ranking won't be where we will all feel it should be to start the season.  With polls still playing such a huge part in BCS births, the difference between a top 10 preseason ranking and a top 20 preseason ranking could mean the difference between the BCS championship and the Sugar or Cotton again. 

You seem awfully worried about what other people think.
Updating brand identity to provide clarity, establish credibility and motivate more active and loyal supporters and champions all in the name of evolutionary brand identity since 2014.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• Like Teats on a
  • Boar
« Reply #232 on: February 01, 2012, 11:23:08 AM »

Could be the old switcheroo in action.

Or, we could have lost out on a third big WR recruit in two days. 

It's possible obvious we're not offering enough under-the-table incentives to these guys.
Updating brand identity to provide clarity, establish credibility and motivate more active and loyal supporters and champions all in the name of evolutionary brand identity since 2014.

Offline subliznime

• Don't tread on me!
  • Boar
  • We are the like
« Reply #233 on: February 01, 2012, 11:24:17 AM »
db chris humes flipped and signed with stAte?
:(
“An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex.”
― Aldous Huxley

Offline ups_hog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #234 on: February 01, 2012, 11:25:34 AM »
According to Rivals Humes didn't have a committable offer from us.

Offline enl35794

• Tush Hog
« Reply #235 on: February 01, 2012, 11:25:45 AM »
I was told by a source that is often wrong and sometimes right Mizzou offered Dorial's gf a basketball schollie.  Is that legit?

She is also incredibly fine.

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• With a name like Hackfuck, it has to be Good
  • King of the Hogs
  • Can I have YOUR vote? And a hot dog?
« Reply #236 on: February 01, 2012, 11:25:57 AM »
Pardon me while I take note of the sky-falling retards up in here.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • You're killing your father, Larry.
« Reply #237 on: February 01, 2012, 11:28:41 AM »

I'll preface this by saying that I trust in Petrino's player development as much as the next guy, but you're telling me that you would take a top 10 recruting class over a class in the mid-50's?
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #238 on: February 01, 2012, 11:29:18 AM »
ESPNU isn't right WarBurg has not signed yet.  Not suppose to until around 2.  We may take him anyway.

Offline JoeBobHog

• Git to fuckin'.
  • King of the Hogs
  • your wife's puthy tastes like sweet butter.
« Reply #239 on: February 01, 2012, 11:29:55 AM »

please do not include me with their ilk.

:notexas:
Irvin: BWAAHAHAHA! (yelling) Aw mane!  Deion, scrin scranton!  BWAAHAHAHA!  Got to grisna!  Like T.O.!  BWAAHAHAHA!
Sanders: BWAAHAHAHA!
Marino: OK, well like we were saying before, McNair will display the toughness and show the kind of heart that...
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (yelling) You know I scrilleous crate!  Grab a pen in traven!  BWAAAHAHAHA!  Sh*t!  Now I'm say!  Aw mane!
Sanders: HA HA!  Crenious shanta!  BWAAAHAHAHA!
Marino: What?
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (pushes Sanders in shoulder, falls backward out of chair)
Sanders:  Aw mane!
Irvin: (from ground)  BWAAAHAHAHA!

H.P. 4/27/04

Offline Ham Malone

• Tush Hog
« Reply #240 on: February 01, 2012, 11:34:42 AM »

She is also incredibly fine.
I bet she is.  He also could have dumped her, walked around Fayetteville with a wheelbarrow and loaded up more quality than he could handle.
819 F.2d 451

Offline subliznime

• Don't tread on me!
  • Boar
  • We are the like
« Reply #241 on: February 01, 2012, 11:37:42 AM »
According to Rivals Humes didn't have a committable offer from us.
Thats weird because a week ago the birmingham paper said he was a hog!

He wouldve been the best db in this class for us and we lost him to ASU?! Im confused.

Also, does suck big one not to get one of the top WR we were recruiting. I Think the dude from awasso looks great but gardner and dgb looked like manbeasts. Why is it that we had a bunch of hype at wr this season and had two or three top notch wr recruits looking hard here to become the next great receiver of the sec and then within the past week we lose all of them? Aside From hatcher who is going to be good we got zilch. Im glad to have hatcher but ill trade him for gardner or dgb anyday.
Longest modifiereverphace
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:52:45 AM by subliznime »
“An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex.”
― Aldous Huxley

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• With a name like Hackfuck, it has to be Good
  • King of the Hogs
  • Can I have YOUR vote? And a hot dog?
« Reply #242 on: February 01, 2012, 11:41:34 AM »
I'll preface this by saying that I trust in Petrino's player development as much as the next guy, but you're telling me that you would take a top 10 recruting class over a class in the mid-50's?

I'm telling you that an 11-win season on top of a 10-win season buys a person plenty of confidence, and so I don't question it.

I think some of you are being fricking stupid and obsessing for obsessing's stake over reading tea leaves.

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #243 on: February 01, 2012, 11:44:26 AM »
I'm telling you that an 11-win season on top of a 10-win season buys a person plenty of confidence, and so I don't question it.

I think some of you are being fricking stupid and obsessing for obsessing's stake over reading tea leaves.
:borat:

January rankings > February rankings.

I wanted DGB bad. He would have been great for us and will be great for Mizzou. I also want Javon Williams and am beginning to be disappointed in this class.

BUT...we signed a nice LB and may snag another OL soon on top of some good sized DBs. I also saw this offense produce with Casey Dick throwing to London Crawford and Cartlon Salters and Reggie Fish. I am not worried.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #244 on: February 01, 2012, 11:45:55 AM »

The shitty thing about this is that a month ago Javon Williams would have KILLED to be a Hog.  But we had to slow play him because of DGB.  Now we get neither.

frick you, DGB.

Offline TC

• Boar
« Reply #245 on: February 01, 2012, 11:49:28 AM »

Once again, you're putting WAAAAY to much faith into current recruiting rankings. Why?  Because it's sounding like you trust how a washed up never was QB now turned analyst is ranking kids out of HS against competition that wil be selling cars this time next year.

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #246 on: February 01, 2012, 11:56:41 AM »

Offline ups_hog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #247 on: February 01, 2012, 11:59:15 AM »
This is how I look at the rankings-  Had we signed DGB, our class ranking would have jumped up quite a bit.  He's a WR that would've been coming to a team that will never have problems at receiver.  Does that one commitment really change the overall dynamic of our class that much?  The Peters signing fills a need for us that is much more important than wide receiver, but the rankings don't reflect that. 

I'm not trying to say I don't care about not signing DGB.  I'm very unhappy that we didn't.  Just saying that you could sign a class with a handful of 5 star guys at one position and you're class is going to be ranked high regardless of what else you have.

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #248 on: February 01, 2012, 12:02:01 PM »
So if Javon Williams goes to UCLA after we slow played him and we offer Brad Culp, I'll be upset.

edit: he went to ucla

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #249 on: February 01, 2012, 12:04:25 PM »
I'm upset because we lost a true difference maker.  I don't give a aMm about our class ranking.  I care that we no longer have a 6'6" once in a lifetime receiver in the fold.  THAT'S the kind of player that Bama/LSU can't prepare for.  Oh? You have an all world CB at 6'1", blah, blah? Oh well. Just throw it up to DGB.  He would keep drives going, turn FGs into TDs, etc, etc.  He's Calvin Johnson/Larry Fitzgerald level talent.  I'm not saying we DON'T have talented receivers.  We do.  But even the 3 great receivers we just lost were, at best, a wash when compared to the secondaries they faced at Bama/LSU...and that's probably a stretch. 

Oh well, it's over now.  And Javon Williams signed with UCLA.  :suicide:

They need to start working on Tenpenny and get his ass to stay in Arkansas.  I can stand losing a 5* out of state player...but we need to stop losing the few elite players we have in the state to grades/competition.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.284 seconds with 20 queries.