Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Official 2012 Recruiting Class Thread  (Read 46583 times)

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• Are You Not Entertained?
  • King of the Hogs
  • KOBK
Re: Official 2012 Recruiting Class Thread
« Reply #600 on: February 04, 2012, 05:31:49 PM »
The appropriate thing for an SEC team to do now is to let Toby Bailey's son to walk-on at DB.

I KID, I KID

and start.

dear lord
I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity.

Don't go away mad.  Just go away.

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #601 on: February 04, 2012, 05:39:11 PM »
Demetrius Wilson. I'm going to keep repeating this.

Also: lose the catfish hole. Find something else.

This.
I can't imagine just how gay tulsahog and his ilk at the catfish hole seem to high school boys.
Get rid of that aMm.

Yeah, let's get rid of the one thing EVERY recruit mentions as the favorite part of his visit.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #602 on: February 04, 2012, 08:49:35 PM »
I'm not even sure some of these schools are good at recruiting.  Kids that go out of state I think tend to focus more on what the perception of the program is.  We tend to look at our program through homer glasses, so of course some of us don't understand why an out of state kid doesn't pick us.  2 seasons of double digit wins has turned some 4-5 star heads to glance our way, but I think it's going to take at least 2 more continued seasons of ending with double digit wins for us to reap the recruiting 4-5 star rewards that we are feeling we should land.

Prior to our last 2 seasons, what does anyone think the national perception of our program was?  I think that's what Petrino has been fighting against when it comes to  recruiting.  He's slowly but surely changing minds, and thank goodness he knows how to evaluate and coach kids up while those minds are changing.

Agree. We're getting there.

Offline Mike Slive

• Boar
« Reply #603 on: February 04, 2012, 09:02:06 PM »

Yeah, let's get rid of the one thing EVERY recruit mentions as the favorite part of his visit.

I get both sides.  Are the kids just loving the Catfish Hole or is that where they feel the most love?  Is it the catfish itself, the crowd, or what?  Is the catfish and atmosphere so good that it can not be enhanced?  Plus, we hear about it from all the recruiting guys because that's what the dumb bastards always ask about.  What are the kids going to say? "It was a bit creepy, all these old white people screaming about us black kids they know nothing about. One of them ate my leftovers so I guess I will have to get use to that if I decide to come here."  I don't honestly know, never been one of the old white people there.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #604 on: February 04, 2012, 09:05:24 PM »
Any idea when the Catfish Holes traditon started? I don't have much of an opinion on it, just curious how long that's been the place that the staff has been taking recruits to on visits.

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • UPGRAYEDD. Two D's for a double dose of pimpin'.
« Reply #605 on: February 04, 2012, 09:06:04 PM »

There are some that say it, but I can assure you that not all are saying it. We can do better. Furthermore, other schools are using it against us. They are playing the backwoods racist card on us.

Take them to Does. Powerhouse. Somewhere. Hire some waitresses that know what they are, uh, doing.
The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #606 on: February 04, 2012, 09:11:35 PM »

After experiencing the dinner for recruits at the Catfish Hole last Friday night, the 4-Star defensive lineman prospect from Louisiana, Mickey Johnson said,  "The Catfish Hole is the greatest thing ever invented."

14 recruits, and their family members, along with new Hog, Qunita Funderburk and his family attended the dinner.

The room used for recruits was full, and the room where fans and regular customers was full as well.  Great food, and great atmosphere!

Pat, Janie, and their crew do a great job!

Hey, it helped us land Mickey Johnson last year! Yeah, maybe it's time for a change.

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #607 on: February 04, 2012, 09:36:57 PM »
Every recruit I heard talk on signing day mentioned how cool the catfish hole was.  I used to bang on it, but if it works....

Offline littlerayofsunshine

• Wild Hog
  • Bitches, rub your titties if you love Big Poppa...
« Reply #608 on: February 04, 2012, 10:04:28 PM »
Every recruit I heard talk on signing day mentioned how cool the catfish hole was.  I used to bang on it, but if it works....

Sounds to me like our recruits need to get out of the fricking house more. 

There are some that say it, but I can assure you that not all are saying it. We can do better. Furthermore, other schools are using it against us. They are playing the backwoods racist card on us.

Take them to Does. Powerhouse. Somewhere. Hire some waitresses that know what they are, uh, doing.

Everyone always seems so amazed that these kids aren't instantly sold on Fayetteville and the NWA area in general.  I'm not sure if you guys are paying attention, but the only people that really seem that impressed with the area in my experience are white people.  What would seem to be an amazing experience to some is probably alienating to some of our recruits.  I like the place personally, but I'm not an 18-year-old black kid.
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."  - Carl Sagan

Offline jsimp

• Tush Hog
« Reply #609 on: February 04, 2012, 10:05:59 PM »

what is your definition of works?

THe catfish hole is fricking lame. THese kids are being asked by our "recruiting gurus" what they thought of the catfish hole and the recruits are telling them it was great and the hushpuppies are tits and then committing to fricking somebody else. I promise you if these kids got real with you they would tell you it's lame.

oh, and the catfish sucks  :abe:

Online KCHOGS

• Tush Hog
« Reply #610 on: February 04, 2012, 10:11:28 PM »

How's that possible?  I've never eaten at the Catfish Hole, but catfish, cornmeal, and salt.  How do you frick that up?

Online Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #611 on: February 04, 2012, 10:14:45 PM »
How's that possible?  I've never eaten at the Catfish Hole, but catfish, cornmeal, and salt.  How do you frick that up?

Thry don't.  The hushpuppies kick ass.

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Suck my cock I'll murder your family!!!-jacki mhoon
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #612 on: February 04, 2012, 10:17:47 PM »
Are we starting this aMm again?  Damn is Nolan a woopigga?  Blacks don't want to come to Fayetteville?  Serifuckingously? 

Austin Texas
Norman Oklahoma
South fricking bend
Anywhere in Mississippi or Alabama

"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline subliznime

• Don't tread on me!
  • Boar
  • We are the like
« Reply #613 on: February 04, 2012, 11:30:32 PM »
???

Who else did we miss on signing day onward other than DGB, and Diamond? 

So you're saying Coach Petrino didn't want any of these guys? 

Have you watched their videos?  Have you read their measurables?

Eric Hawkins is the fastest 100 meter runner we have ever signed for football that I am aware of (he's faster than Batman, Ronnie Wingo, and he's faster than Wallace Spearmon was in high school).  As a junior in high school Eric ran a 10.32 100 meters.  He will be one Starkville of an athlete for us.

Nate Holmes is 6' 1" 180lb athlete (running back) that runs a 4.4 40.

Etc, etc...

http://www.arpreps.com/signingday/
We lost out on a commited courtney gardner to OU.i believe he will be a stud. Watch his tape.

I think michael grant ran a faster 100 time maybe?
“An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex.”
― Aldous Huxley

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #614 on: February 04, 2012, 11:36:10 PM »
We lost out on a commited courtney gardner to OU.i believe he will be a stud. Watch his tape.

I don't know if it was us losing out on him as much as it was that stupid SEC transfer rule.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #615 on: February 05, 2012, 01:03:17 AM »
Thry don't.  The hushpuppies kick ass.

That they do. Say what you will about the lameness of the Catfish Holes and the creepiness of the hangers on there. Their puppies are the shiznit.

Offline BoarlissWilliamson

• Boar
  • Infected with the brain eating amoeba since 2006
« Reply #616 on: February 05, 2012, 02:31:18 AM »

Turd had it right.  Gardner wasnt going to get in due to sec transfer rules.  Same problem mike pennell had. 

Michael Grant wasnt faster in track in high school.  He was 1/10 of a second slower in the hundred, and Eric hasnt even started his senior season yet.  Nate Holmes is about the same speed as Michael Grant was in high school.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
  • Administrator
  • Wild Hog
  • Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
« Reply #617 on: February 05, 2012, 07:57:36 AM »

We can feed them steak and lobster, but we choose catfish and hush puppies.  I don't know the answer, but this just doesn't sound right.

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #618 on: February 05, 2012, 07:58:11 AM »
what is your definition of works?

THe catfish hole is fricking lame. THese kids are being asked by our "recruiting gurus" what they thought of the catfish hole and the recruits are telling them it was great and the hushpuppies are tits and then committing to fricking somebody else. I promise you if these kids got real with you they would tell you it's lame.

I wondered about this in a thread on the Recruiting board, but it was dismissed.  I wouldn't try to get my kids to eat bottom feeding fish.  Petrino should do an opinion polls on the Catfish Hole with his players.

Offline TUSK_U

• Wild Hog
« Reply #619 on: February 05, 2012, 09:31:05 AM »
I wondered about this in a thread on the Recruiting board, but it was dismissed.  I wouldn't try to get my kids to eat bottom feeding fish.  Petrino should do an opinion polls on the Catfish Hole with his players.

Looks like fried sushi would have helped with dgb.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • Boar
« Reply #620 on: February 05, 2012, 10:07:04 AM »

someone needs to really help these kids.  choosing who will teach you about football, develop you as a player, prepare you for the nfl, keep you out of trouble, and make you grow up as a man for the next 3 or 4 years based on what you eat, where you eat, how many signs you see with your picture or name on them, hearing the fans chant your name, etc. is fricking stupid.  the parents ought to be educating their kids about this stuff ahead of time so the kid can make the best informed decision on the right criteria and not on how good the food at the local restaurant is.

might as well pick out their first car purchase based solely on where the cup holders are and how many of them there.  they'd all end up driving dodge caravans.  but no, when it comes to important decisions like their ride, they'll choose wisely.

Offline HogTat

• It's in my nature
  • Boar
« Reply #621 on: February 05, 2012, 10:33:46 AM »
Take them to Bottoms Up.  It smells like fish, anyway.
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him.

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #622 on: February 05, 2012, 11:16:31 AM »

It ain't just the food that should be reassessed, but venue.  It has to unnerving coming into a packed restaurant of red faced, bug-eyed hog callers that watch your every move as if you're a fish bowl.  Take them to best steakhouse and don't announce it.

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #623 on: February 05, 2012, 12:23:53 PM »
“@BFeldmanCBS: There are 36 Patriots playing today who came up in internet recruiting era. 18 were rated as 2-Star prospects or unranked."
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline hogsrunwild

• King of the Hogs
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #624 on: February 05, 2012, 01:54:35 PM »
someone needs to really help these kids.  choosing who will teach you about football, develop you as a player, prepare you for the nfl, keep you out of trouble, and make you grow up as a man for the next 3 or 4 years based on what you eat, where you eat, how many signs you see with your picture or name on them, hearing the fans chant your name, etc. is fricking stupid.  the parents ought to be educating their kids about this stuff ahead of time so the kid can make the best informed decision on the right criteria and not on how good the food at the local restaurant is.

might as well pick out their first car purchase based solely on where the cup holders are and how many of them there.  they'd all end up driving dodge caravans.  but no, when it comes to important decisions like their ride, they'll choose wisely.

You really think most 18 year old kids make wise choices on cars if it was up to them?  They probably SHOULD be choosing a dodge caravan, but will end up with a  hooptie with 5k rims.

They choose universities like they choose cars, based on bling and puthy.  Nothing more, nothing less.
Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.286 seconds with 20 queries.