Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Official 2012 Recruiting Class Thread  (Read 46717 times)

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
Re: Official 2012 Recruiting Class Thread
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2012, 11:46:03 AM »
No they don't but Texas is taking Santos, OU is taking Gardner and Bama is taking Altee Tenpenny. Who did we get that was offered by those schools?

OU is not "taking" Gardner...in fact, I will be surprised if you see him in college.

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2012, 11:46:40 AM »
You'd fit in well with the Rivals crowd. Never seen a group of weeping gashes like they have over there. We had our best season in over 30 years and have improved each year since Petrino arrived, yet half that board seems ready to turn on him because his recruiting isn't living up to their own expectations.
Motherfuck. Nobody is ready to turn on Petrino. I also don't think questioning his recruiting is beyond reproach.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2012, 11:46:55 AM »
No they don't but Texas is taking Santos, OU is taking Gardner and Bama is taking Altee Tenpenny. Who did we get that was offered by those schools?

Fine, go ahead and panic.  Bobby Petrino sucks at recruiting and Arkansas will never compete with him at the helm.  We're doomed.
Homies help homes.......always

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2012, 11:47:05 AM »
OU is not "taking" Gardner...in fact, I will be surprised if you see him in college.
Oh please, do tell.

Offline Cobbler

• Wild Hog
  • Love that helmet!!
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2012, 11:48:21 AM »

Santos is from Texas. Gardner can't get into the SEC. Altee Tenpenny is signing next year, so Alabama hasn't exactly "taken" him yet.

And Donovan Roberts was offered by Oklahoma, no matter how much they want to deny it.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 11:49:23 AM »
Fine, go ahead and panic.  Bobby Petrino sucks at recruiting and Arkansas will never compete with him at the helm.  We're doomed.
Look, nobody is panicking (at least not me). I don't believe Petrino sucks at recruiting.

You don't go the Sugar Bowl or win the Cotton Bowl with sucky recruiting. I am merely stating we aren't on the level of some other programs in our conference. We are able to overcome that with our superb coach but when you have a superb coach and a great recruiter (Alabama for example) then it is difficult for us to compete unless we hit on some of the near misses. For fricks sake people.

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2012, 11:49:44 AM »
That's what I don't get. Why?

I am not trying to be "that guy". I am just suggesting that as awesome as BMFP is, he might could do well to get some recruiters on this staff.

We obviously want DGB, Neal, Diamond, Peters, Orijke, Santos, and Garnder. Starkville, we even get them to campus. We had an incredible recruiting extravaganza lat week filled with pep rallies, 19,050 fans at BWA and TulsaPerv stalking recruits at The Catfish Hole and nary a one commitment has come from it.

Surely I am not the only one who sees this.

Sorry, but you're already "that guy" who freaks out over what a few 17 year olds decide to do for the next 3-4 years. I seem to remember that this staff has done a pretty decent job of developing the players they DO get. Whether or not we get DGB and/or some of the others on the list wiil NOT make this class a complete bust, but there will be quite a gew such as yourself who will be screaming that from the mountaintops if that happens.

Seems to me that the recruiting class from 4 years ago was rated pretty low and yet we got a couple of 10 win seasons out of that group at a time when LSU and Alabama are PEAKING. I tend to think that maybe our coaching staff might know just a little bit more about how to recruit and develop players than I, you, or the doofs at Rivals or ESPN do. That's just me, though. Freak away if you must. ::)

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 11:53:39 AM »
Santos is from Texas. Gardner can't get into the SEC.

And Donovan Roberts was offered by Oklahoma, no matter how much they want to deny it.

1. Tenpenny is from Arkansas.
2. If Gardner can't get into the SEC then why the frick did we offer him? Is this just a revelation this weekend after his OU visit?
3. I'll only believe Roberts was offered by OU if Duckman's wife's set of knockers say so.

Online hoggadore

• Insolent Pissant, Bescumberer.
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2012, 11:55:53 AM »

Brey Cook, Quinta Funderburke, Mitch Smothers, Lonnie Gosha all got offers from Alabama. Tevin Mitchell and Austin Flynn got offers from OU.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2012, 11:56:31 AM »
Sorry, but you're already "that guy" who freaks out over what a few 17 year olds decide to do for the next 3-4 years. I seem to remember that this staff has done a pretty decent job of developing the players they DO get. Whether or not we get DGB and/or some of the others on the list wiil NOT make this class a complete bust, but there will be quite a gew such as yourself who will be screaming that from the mountaintops if that happens.

Seems to me that the recruiting class from 4 years ago was rated pretty low and yet we got a couple of 10 win seasons out of that group at a time when LSU and Alabama are PEAKING. I tend to think that maybe our coaching staff might know just a little bit more about how to recruit and develop players than I, you, or the doofs at Rivals or ESPN do. That's just me, though. Freak away if you must. ::)
This class is not a bust. How the Starkville would anyone know if it was a bust after signing day anyway? Please review my posting history. We were lead to believe that Arkansas was in the lead at one point for many of those mentioned in this thread. Now as signing day approaches we probably aren't.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2012, 11:57:17 AM »
Brey Cook, Quinta Funderburke, Mitch Smothers, Lonnie Gosha all got offers from Alabama. Tevin Mitchell and Austin Flynn got offers from OU.
Good point. I have high hopes for all except Gosha.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2012, 11:59:05 AM »
That's it for me in this thread. Go Hogs. By the way, big game tomorrow night at BWA.

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2012, 12:00:23 PM »

There's still 2 days until NSD. Everyone needs to chill and look at some tig ole bitties in the meantime.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• Frick it
  • Boar
  • We're Doing It Live
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2012, 12:12:32 PM »

There's still 2 days until NSD. Everyone needs to chill and look at some tig ole bitties in the meantime.

See: Duckman, Recruiting Forum

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Suck my cock I'll murder your family!!!-jacki mhoon
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2012, 12:27:43 PM »
nm

Sent from hoggly's mom's room
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 12:44:55 PM by Jostlyn McCocksack »
"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2012, 12:33:18 PM »
In wake of the Gardner flip, anyone heard word on whether we're going to save a scholly for Davonte Neal?

Offline Pork Soda

• ...Tapenade
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2012, 12:35:56 PM »

Personally, I'm not sure I give a aMm what the recruiting services 'rank' our recruiting class or anyone else's, but for anyone who does care, ESPN thinks pretty highly of that 2008 class now.  After they've actually played football in college.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7473214/alabama-crimson-tide-prove-had-nation-top-class-2008

Here's the text from #6 on their list:

Many of the key contributors to the Razorbacks' 11-win season this fall came from this class, highlighted by quarterback Tyler Wilson, who threw for over 3,500 yards, the versatile Joe Adams, who returned four punts for TDs, and Jarius Wright, who led the team in receiving with 66 grabs and 12 touchdowns. It wasn't all offense in this class, however, as the Razorbacks also signed safety Tramain Thomas, who led the team in interceptions in 2011, and talented linebacker Jerico Nelson.

I'm not sure where we were at the time on the list, but tOSU was #6 originally, and we were outside the top 10.  Likely outside the top 20 or 25.  These rankings really don't mean aMm, and neither does Grit's opinion on Rivals.

Offline JoeBobHog

• Git to fuckin'.
  • King of the Hogs
  • your wife's puthy tastes like sweet butter.
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2012, 12:47:09 PM »
Personally, I'm not sure I give a aMm what the recruiting services 'rank' our recruiting class or anyone else's, but for anyone who does care, ESPN thinks pretty highly of that 2008 class now.  After they've actually played football in college.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7473214/alabama-crimson-tide-prove-had-nation-top-class-2008

Here's the text from #6 on their list:

I'm not sure where we were at the time on the list, but tOSU was #6 originally, and we were outside the top 10.  Likely outside the top 20 or 25.  These rankings really don't mean aMm, and neither does Grit's opinion on Rivals.

pretty sure I saw where we were #36 that year.

in fact, this link says we averaged #31 over the last 5 years, and our best finish was 16th in 2009.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=ArhqTLrCCY5J4hFTutH3H7YcvrYF?slug=mh-huguenin_how_top_teams_fared_recruiting_012912

:notexas:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 12:50:24 PM by JoeBobHog »
Irvin: BWAAHAHAHA! (yelling) Aw mane!  Deion, scrin scranton!  BWAAHAHAHA!  Got to grisna!  Like T.O.!  BWAAHAHAHA!
Sanders: BWAAHAHAHA!
Marino: OK, well like we were saying before, McNair will display the toughness and show the kind of heart that...
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (yelling) You know I scrilleous crate!  Grab a pen in traven!  BWAAAHAHAHA!  Sh*t!  Now I'm say!  Aw mane!
Sanders: HA HA!  Crenious shanta!  BWAAAHAHAHA!
Marino: What?
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (pushes Sanders in shoulder, falls backward out of chair)
Sanders:  Aw mane!
Irvin: (from ground)  BWAAAHAHAHA!

H.P. 4/27/04

Offline Pork Soda

• ...Tapenade
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2012, 12:51:11 PM »

pretty sure I saw where we were #36 that year.

:notexas:

Not a bad improvement, huh?  I'm looking forward to seeing some of those mediocre guys from last year's class put on the pads and show us what a year of redshirting can do for the average 18-year-old.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2012, 01:01:52 PM »
I like recruiting a lot but I could do without the constant back and forth mood swings and hysteria.  It is almost like you have to fear people in Missouri, Texas or Arkansas throwing themselves out of office windows on Wednesday morning at 9:30. 

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2012, 01:09:29 PM »
Peters
Diamond
Gregory
DGB

That would calm some folks down.

Online Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2012, 02:01:40 PM »
Motherfuck. Nobody is ready to turn on Petrino. I also don't think questioning his recruiting is beyond reproach.
Not unless we've had four straight seasons of ending the season in the shitter and consistently losing to ULM.

None of this has happened...so yeah, your questioning of The Petrino is kind of off base there, sir.
...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2012, 02:40:45 PM »
Peters
Diamond
Gregory
DGB

That would calm some folks down.

Even that.

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2012, 02:48:39 PM »
Even that.

Peters
Diamond
Jacobs
are bigger needs.  DGB Bigger splash.

We have 4 spots from what I gather.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.286 seconds with 21 queries.