Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Official 2012 Recruiting Class Thread  (Read 47890 times)

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
Re: Official 2012 Recruiting Class Thread
« Reply #675 on: February 08, 2012, 12:36:24 PM »
He is a very cerebral signal-caller that does all the little things well.

That's a Petrino wetdream right there
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #676 on: February 08, 2012, 01:25:43 PM »
I just now noticed Rivals analysis of Brandon Allen

SCOUTING REPORT ON BRANDON ALLEN

On the Hoof: His most prominent feature is his muscular powerbase and legs. His upper body is still a bit thin. He is not the tallest quarterback, but is taller than 6-1.

Needs Improvement: Add some upper-body strength. He is so accurate that he sometimes tries to force the ball into very tight spaces that most quarterbacks would never try. At the next level the defenders are quicker to react to the ball.

Most Impressive: His accuracy is as good as it gets for a quarterback coming out of high school. Allen has excellent touch and puts enough air under his fades that receivers can always make a play on the ball. He also sees the whole field and does not lock in on just one receiver. He can buy time in the pocket.

Conclusion: All quarterbacks should redshirt as they learn the offense. But I would not be surprised if he gets some looks as the backup quarterback early in his career. He is a very cerebral signal-caller that does all the little things well.

And that made him a 4*?  That's the whole thing with Rivals.  "His accuracy is as good as it gets for a quarterback coming out of high school." But he's only a 4*?  What more do they want from a pocket passer? 2 of the "pro-style" QB's ahead of him in 2010 were specifically referenced as runners.  None of them had glowing remarks on accuracy except for the #1 guy, who does a nice job with accuracy on the run (pocket QB rankings?).  Meanwhile, Allen isn't as good.  Perfectly consistent! 

I'm not worried about him or anything, but their rankings aren't consistent with their own scouting reports. It's asinine.

Offline hoggadore

• Insolent Pissant, Bescumberer.
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #677 on: February 08, 2012, 02:25:21 PM »
And that made him a 4*?  That's the whole thing with Rivals.  "His accuracy is as good as it gets for a quarterback coming out of high school." But he's only a 4*?  What more do they want from a pocket passer? 2 of the "pro-style" QB's ahead of him in 2010 were specifically referenced as runners.  None of them had glowing remarks on accuracy except for the #1 guy, who does a nice job with accuracy on the run (pocket QB rankings?).  Meanwhile, Allen isn't as good.  Perfectly consistent! 

I'm not worried about him or anything, but their rankings aren't consistent with their own scouting reports. It's asinine.

Size and arm strength.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #678 on: February 08, 2012, 02:38:04 PM »
Size and arm strength.

That didn't keep the #1 guy from being rated #1. 

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #679 on: February 08, 2012, 02:40:17 PM »

All that needs to be known about Brandon Allen is what BMFP and GM said about him at the event where they discussed to new recruits last year. They basically said that he was perfectly molded for the Petrino system. That if they could go into a computer program and custom build a QB for this system he would be it. GM said it was just a coincidence that the perfect QB for our system just happened to live there.

I have a feeling it was known for several years that he was all Hog so no one bother to recruit him, offer him, or evaluate him, he didn't bother to go to many camps or combines. If he had, he would have easily been hyped like Tebow and Mustain were I'm sure. 

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • frick Him!
« Reply #680 on: February 08, 2012, 03:11:26 PM »
 :stunned:

@DorialGB5 @Ascolese11 Hey DGB.. Vincenzo is gonna smack you in the mouth if you ever step foot on the field against us.
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline jsimp

• Tush Hog
« Reply #681 on: February 08, 2012, 03:13:23 PM »

@DorialGB5 @Ascolese11 Hey DGB.. Vincenzo is gonna smack you in the mouth if you ever step foot on the field against us.

realstunned  :maundoed:

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • You're killing your father, Larry.
« Reply #682 on: February 08, 2012, 03:16:09 PM »
Who tweeted that?
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #683 on: February 08, 2012, 03:28:02 PM »

Forget CSU and Wyoming...these fuckers are itching to turn THIS into a border war. Whoever is tweeting this aMm needs to make sure there's money in the bank first.
...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #684 on: February 08, 2012, 03:29:06 PM »
Forget CSU and Wyoming...these fuckers are itching to turn THIS into a border war. Whoever is tweeting this aMm needs to make sure there's money in the bank first.

Kenny Jones
@kenny_jones93 view full profile →
Cleveland, Mississippi
#bornAhawg
Tweets
Following
Followers
Listed

Offline HogTat

• It's in my nature
  • Boar
« Reply #685 on: February 08, 2012, 03:29:46 PM »

Either way, that's funny aMm right thur.
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him.

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #686 on: February 08, 2012, 03:30:12 PM »
Forget CSU and Wyoming...these frickers are itching to turn THIS into a border war. Whoever is tweeting this aMm needs to make sure there's money in the bank first.

There's a pretty fair chance we will never face Mizzou while Da Gay Boi is there...  :-\

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #687 on: February 08, 2012, 04:13:37 PM »
All that needs to be known about Brandon Allen is what BMFP and GM said about him at the event where they discussed to new recruits last year. They basically said that he was perfectly molded for the Petrino system. That if they could go into a computer program and custom build a QB for this system he would be it. GM said it was just a coincidence that the perfect QB for our system just happened to live there.

I have a feeling it was known for several years that he was all Hog so no one bother to recruit him, offer him, or evaluate him, he didn't bother to go to many camps or combines. If he had, he would have easily been hyped like Tebow and Mustain were I'm sure.

I know we offered Allen's brother recently - is he looking like he's in the same ballpark potential-wise?

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #688 on: February 08, 2012, 04:23:36 PM »
I know we offered Allen's brother recently - is he looking like he's in the same ballpark potential-wise?

Yes. The only knock I've heard is that he's not as tall. But Starkville he's probably not finished growing.

Offline Jose Papoopoo

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #689 on: February 08, 2012, 04:47:40 PM »
Yes. The only knock I've heard is that he's not as tall. But Starkville he's probably not finished growing.

He's listed as 6'2 on rivals. I think that's about the same size as Brandon right?? I've heard people say they think he may be better than Brandon, but i'm not sure how you can compare at this point.

Offline hoggadore

• Insolent Pissant, Bescumberer.
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #690 on: February 08, 2012, 04:49:19 PM »
That didn't keep the #1 guy from being rated #1.

If you're talking about Driskel as the #1, Rivals has him listed at "Blue Chip" arm strength compared to Allen's "Division 1."  He's also listed as taller and faster.

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #691 on: February 08, 2012, 05:26:14 PM »
He's listed as 6'2 on rivals. I think that's about the same size as Brandon right?? I've heard people say they think he may be better than Brandon, but i'm not sure how you can compare at this point.

I would say he is about the same size as Brandon. He doesn't have the ability to run like Brandon, but I saw him make some Mallett-esque passes in Fayetteville's playoff games.

Offline Tanny Bogus

• Haunting Wickes since the mid-50's
  • Boar
  • Longtime Fan of Randolph Mantooth
« Reply #692 on: February 11, 2012, 04:02:58 PM »
Looks like fried sushi would have helped with dgb.
Isn't that what they serve at the Catfish Hole #3?

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
« Reply #693 on: February 11, 2012, 04:05:51 PM »
Isn't that what they serve at the Catfish Hole #3?

Damn, to think, all they had to do was throw some rice in with the catfish before it was battered and we'd have had the top WR in the country.

Oh well.

Offline littlerayofsunshine

• Wild Hog
  • Bitches, rub your titties if you love Big Poppa...
« Reply #694 on: February 11, 2012, 04:28:20 PM »

It's not really a knock I don't guess, but I've heard a lot lately that Austin has a real good shot to go in the first 2 or 3 rounds of the MLB draft.  Not sure if this is true, because I really don't follow high school baseball to any real degree.
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."  - Carl Sagan

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Suck my cock I'll murder your family!!!-jacki mhoon
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #695 on: February 11, 2012, 04:42:35 PM »
Austin is not as good yet but he is still pretty damn good.  When Brandon plays you will see why Bobby Allen was retained
"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline BoarlissWilliamson

• Boar
  • Infected with the brain eating amoeba since 2006
« Reply #696 on: February 11, 2012, 05:00:12 PM »
Davonte Neal is down to three schools: Notre Dame, Arkansas, and North Carolina.  From what I've read, it appears he is headed to Notre Dame.  He announces his decision February 21st.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #697 on: February 11, 2012, 06:20:44 PM »
Davonte Neal is down to three schools: Notre Dame, Arkansas, and North Carolina.  From what I've read, it appears he is headed to Notre Dame.  He announces his decision February 21st.

I remember reading that getting a quality education was very important to both he and his father; hard for us to compete with either of those schools in that regard.

Offline littlerayofsunshine

• Wild Hog
  • Bitches, rub your titties if you love Big Poppa...
« Reply #698 on: February 11, 2012, 06:39:23 PM »
I remember reading that getting a quality education was very important to both he and his father; hard for us to compete with either of those schools in that regard.

I hear we have a program in kinesiology that is lights out.
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."  - Carl Sagan

Offline cotte

• Woopig Softballah - SS, #11
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
Official 2012 Recruiting Class Thread
« Reply #699 on: February 12, 2012, 10:41:44 AM »
i know a lot of people with degrees, undergrad, masters, and even some phd's and the majority are fricking idiots outside of their little area of specialty. 

i know a aMm load more about research, statistics, experiments, emperical data, and publishing in academic journals than you do.  the results have more to do with how you set up the study than what you observed and reported.  any study can be twisted to show pretty much whatever you want it to show. 

all of that to say i don't give a frick what your source says because it not any more credible than the national enquirer.

did the guy(s) who wrote that horse aMm ever think that the rankings of the players are directly correlated and heavily influenced based off of who offered?  maybe they got it backwards and winning programs offering recruits a scholly is more directly correlated to high rankings than the other way around.  recruiting matters, recruiting rankings, not near as much.  i'm not sure boise state has ever sniffed the top 70 in recruiting rankings, how does the paper explain their success? 

don't answer that, I'm tired of seeing teh woopussy having to endure such pain and agony from reading dumbassery.  hearing of a fellow woopigga going blind because he stabbed himself in the eyes with a fork to escape the dumbassery that I helped enable would make me feel bad.

"I know a aMm load more about publishing in academic journals than you do."

:maundoed:
We're going to pick em up when they come off the damn bus. We gonna guard people.
Mike Anderson - March 26th, 2011

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.342 seconds with 21 queries.