Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Official 2012 Recruiting Class Thread  (Read 47136 times)

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
Re: Official 2012 Recruiting Class Thread
« Reply #700 on: February 13, 2012, 11:48:35 AM »
Austin is not as good yet but he is still pretty damn good.  When Brandon plays you will see why Bobby Allen was retained

I've heard this lately from a lot of people.  The only time I've seen him practice it seemed like he didn't have near the arm strength as Tyler or Brandon Mitchell.  But he should know the offense by his 3rd or 4th year, when he'll be playing.
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline HogTat

• It's in my nature
  • Boar
« Reply #701 on: February 14, 2012, 03:14:50 PM »
Davonte Neal is down to three schools: Notre Dame, Arkansas, and North Carolina.  From what I've read, it appears he is headed to Notre Dame.  He announces his decision February 21st.

Better get Ducky on the Boob-Phone!
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him.

Offline oddi

• Tush Hog
« Reply #702 on: February 17, 2012, 12:00:12 PM »
Unpossible. He just won the National Independence Championship.

This guy is coming for him.

This guy is coming to a local watering hole near you.

I know cotte and hogggdadi have ordered their shirts.

Ascolese has got to be fired up.

Offline BoarlissWilliamson

• Boar
  • Infected with the brain eating amoeba since 2006
« Reply #703 on: February 21, 2012, 12:35:45 PM »
So, one of the last guys we are considering in our class is Davonte Neal.  The top athlete in this class and the #8 overall prospect.  He's a Joe Adams kind of guy in kick off returns, and as a receiver, but he's willing to play corner too. 

Anyway, Neal had his signing day ceremony this morning on live TV at his old elementary school.  They had a ceremony and had 600 kids waiting for him.  He no showed.  The principal sent the kids back to their classes and they were all crying.   :D

I'd still love to have him.  He'd be a Starkville of a player for us.  Of course, he's most likely going to Notre Dame, or Arizona, but we're also in his final four along with North Carolina. 

If we don't get Neal, McKale McKaye (6'6" receiver from Louisville with a 41" vertical) may be our last signee.  McKaye is a 3* player in basketball and football (he wants to play both in college). 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:41:31 PM by BoarlissWilliamson »

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • AC is crankin'
« Reply #704 on: February 23, 2012, 07:44:58 PM »
So, one of the last guys we are considering in our class is Davonte Neal.  The top athlete in this class and the #8 overall prospect.  He's a Joe Adams kind of guy in kick off returns, and as a receiver, but he's willing to play corner too. 

Anyway, Neal had his signing day ceremony this morning on live TV at his old elementary school.  They had a ceremony and had 600 kids waiting for him.  He no showed.  The principal sent the kids back to their classes and they were all crying.   :D

I'd still love to have him.  He'd be a Starkville of a player for us.  Of course, he's most likely going to Notre Dame, or Arizona, but we're also in his final four along with North Carolina. 

If we don't get Neal, McKale McKaye (6'6" receiver from Louisville with a 41" vertical) may be our last signee.  McKaye is a 3* player in basketball and football (he wants to play both in college).

Davonte Neal is dead to me.  Good luck under the Golden Dome, idiot.

Offline BEvERage

• 1936 Ford Slantback Sedan
  • Boar
  • The frumious Bandersnatch!
« Reply #705 on: March 07, 2012, 03:25:12 PM »

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #706 on: March 08, 2012, 02:08:43 PM »
Saw this on ESPiN.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/40015/hogs-add-late-signee-at-receiver

Arkansas continues to stock up at receiver after losing the record-setting threesome of Joe Adams, Jarius Wright and Greg Childs.

The Hogs have added Mekale McKay of Louisville, Ky., to their 2012 signing class. The 6-foot-6, 195-pound McKay was also a standout basketball player at Moore High School. He's originally from Houston and had been committed to UTEP before changing his mind just before national signing day. He re-opened his recruitment and visited Arkansas and Ole Miss in recent weeks before deciding on the Hogs.

"We are excited to add Mekale to what we feel like is a very fast and athletic class," Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino said. "Mekale is a big, strong receiver with great hands who has an extremely physical style of play. We’ve led the SEC in passing the last three seasons and our goal each year is to accomplish that. Mekale joins a talented group of incoming receivers that combine to bring a number of different strengths to the field."

McKay is the Hogs' 25th signee in the 2012 class and the fifth receiver. He also plans to play basketball at Arkansas.

As a senior in football, he caught 38 passes for 894 yards and 13 touchdowns. He averaged 17 points and 6.4 rebounds in basketball.

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• Ask me about my givafuck. I promise you've never seen one more broken.
  • King of the Hogs
  • All the fricks that were once given have been lost.
« Reply #707 on: March 08, 2012, 07:58:52 PM »
frick.

Yeah. :thumbup:
Regular guy.

That's me.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • AC is crankin'
« Reply #708 on: March 09, 2012, 04:44:36 AM »
In the fast food world, this would be known as the Mothefuckin' Mamba Combo.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #709 on: March 09, 2012, 08:16:22 AM »
DGB-lite?
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #710 on: March 09, 2012, 08:42:34 AM »
DGB-lite?

Yeah, all the speed and agility, but without the drama.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #711 on: March 09, 2012, 11:45:07 AM »

Wait, I thought when we used to steal commitments from UTEP that was considered a bad thing?

Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #712 on: March 09, 2012, 11:47:13 AM »

Wait, I thought when we used to steal commitments from UTEP that was considered a bad thing?
Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't screw this up.

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #713 on: March 09, 2012, 11:52:28 AM »
Yeah, all the speed and agility, but without the drama.
The height he has, not sure about the speed and agility. If he had that he wouldn't have been down to us and Ole Miss and wouldn't have committed to UTEP. He's a decent get for this late in the game and you can't teach a kid to be 6'-6", but he's gonna have work to do.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #714 on: March 09, 2012, 12:00:11 PM »

Perusing the quotes following that ESPN article on McKay's signing and I saw this gem:

bigbopper07

Every National Champion in the BCS era had a freshman receiver on their roster. FACT.

Wow.  Now there's a fact for you.  Teams won a BCS championship and also happened to have a freshman receiver somewhere on the roster.  Jesus. 

Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #715 on: March 09, 2012, 12:05:25 PM »

Perusing the quotes following that ESPN article on McKay's signing and I saw this gem:

bigbopper07

Every National Champion in the BCS era had a freshman receiver on their roster. FACT.

Wow.  Now there's a fact for you.  Teams won a BCS championship and also happened to have a freshman receiver somewhere on the roster.  Jesus.
Another FACT: no college has won more BCS Championship games in 2013 than the Arkansas Razorbacks, who also have several freshman WRs coming in.

If that's not a bet-the-farm FACT, I don't know what is.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #716 on: March 09, 2012, 01:37:34 PM »
Anyone know why Arkansas never looked at OT Brandon Hil of Memphis? I happen to know Horton was told about him.  Do we know something Nick Saban doesn't?
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 21 queries.