Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alabama @ Arkansas  (Read 7569 times)

Offline KCHOGS

• Tush Hog
Re: Alabama @ Arkansas
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2012, 09:51:24 AM »
Apparently as one of our players was leaving the ice, an Arkansas player/fan poked one of our guys where the #71 patch was on his jersey and told him, I hope #71 enjoyed watching you lose from Starkville. Which in my opinion that is classless in every sense of the word and was uncalled for.

Everywhere you go you're going to run into fans like that.  I've never been to a game in Alabama, but I've seen a few of their fans talk trash loudly after a game on the Hill.  I've been to games at Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Texas.  Texas fans were okay because we just laid the wood to them.  95% of the Tennessee fans told us we sucked and got in our faces after the game (6 OT game), the other 5% wished us a safe ride home.  Ole Miss fans stand behind the visitor section and talk trash the entire game.  This was a very small % of the fan base but I didn't hear any trash after the game (we lost 9-7).  So don't judge the entire fan base on one fan.  Otherwise we wouldn't let Alabama fans in the state because we enjoy our trees, we'd be afraid they would shoot their offspring after a loss, or tea bag everyone on the way to the car.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
  • Administrator
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2012, 10:31:41 AM »
Apparently as one of our players was leaving the ice, an Arkansas player/fan poked one of our guys where the #71 patch was on his jersey and told him, I hope #71 enjoyed watching you lose from Starkville. Which in my opinion that is classless in every sense of the word and was uncalled for.

Apparently?  So, you didn't see it, but it set you off on a bitch rant on your little blog.  Got it.

AlabamaRon

« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2012, 11:13:52 AM »

I seriously doubt this happened.

So players, coaches and other Arkansas supporters who where in the middle of it would lie to me? With the class shown by the player who had the assist on the final goal, I would say it probably did happen.

Offline APhiOHog

• My little fairy tale book is better than yours.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bloozocky.
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2012, 11:15:25 AM »
So players, coaches and other Arkansas supporters who where in the middle of it would lie to me? With the class shown by the player who had the assist on the final goal, I would say it probably did happen.

The butthurt is strong with this one.

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2012, 11:23:06 AM »

Been to the Krystal in the French Quarter lately? :stunned:

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Administrator
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2012, 11:27:03 AM »

Arkansas players and coaches told you this happened?

Bama fans talking about class...that's rich.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2012, 11:32:49 AM »
If there were so many witnesses why don't you even know if it was a player or fan who said it?

AlabamaRon

« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2012, 12:03:55 PM »
Arkansas players and coaches told you this happened?

Bama fans talking about class...that's rich.

I am one of the majority of Alabama fans who have a major disdain for Harvey Updike and that clown in New Orleans. And it was Alabama coaches and players and a major booster for the Arkansas hockey team who told me. I used the wrong word in using "apparently"

Offline Hawg_Good

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2012, 12:04:56 PM »

Probably just should have just rubbed his bare balls all over the guy then posted it on youtube.  We know you guys are cool with that kind of classy fan action.

Offline Hawg_Good

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2012, 12:05:47 PM »
Bastard beat me by a minute.

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2012, 12:22:37 PM »
I am one of the majority of Alabama fans who have a major disdain for Harvey Updike and that clown in New Orleans. And it was Alabama coaches and players and a major booster for the Arkansas hockey team who told me. I used the wrong word in using "apparently"

Whether you like it or not THAT is the image that most people outside the state of Alabama have of your fan base. Maybe not necessarily the sexual assaulter but DEFINITELY of the people who stood by and cheered him on, videoed it, and then proudly posted it on You Tube.

We EXPECT that kind of treatment in Tuscaloosa as a visitor. We consider it the norm for your fans.

Online TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2012, 12:26:40 PM »
I call shenanigans!
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2012, 12:28:57 PM »
And it was Alabama coaches and players and a major booster for the Arkansas hockey team who told me. I used the wrong word in using "apparently"

All of these people told you it was a fan OR a player? Or some told you it was a fan, and some told you it was a player?

Sorry, but as related, it seems like an incredibly unlikely story to me. It seems more likely that somebody (honestly) misinterpreted something said that was much less inflammatory and as the story was related to different people it became more and more inflammatory.

AlabamaRon

« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2012, 01:14:37 PM »
Whether you like it or not THAT is the image that most people outside the state of Alabama have of your fan base. Maybe not necessarily the sexual assaulter but DEFINITELY of the people who stood by and cheered him on, videoed it, and then proudly posted it on You Tube.

We EXPECT that kind of treatment in Tuscaloosa as a visitor. We consider it the norm for your fans.

Well if that's what you expect then you are lesser a person than I am. I believe win or lose show class and I did not do that, which is why I came to this board to apologize. I have deleted that blog post because after thinking about it on a nights rest I should have waited before posting.

Offline Hognarok

• Tush Hog
  • Port Tobacco carriage maker
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2012, 01:54:18 PM »
Well if that's what you expect then you are lesser a person than I am.

I'm sure you had good intentions with your original post but at this point you're going to need a backhoe to make that hole any bigger than it already is right now.  I suggest you climb out of it while you can and head on back to Finebaumland.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Administrator
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2012, 03:16:38 PM »
Well if that's what you expect then you are lesser a person than I am. I believe win or lose show class and I did not do that, which is why I came to this board to apologize. I have deleted that blog post because after thinking about it on a nights rest I should have waited before posting.

Okay, Ron, if that actually happened to your player then it was a shitty thing to say.  I can categorically guarantee you that no woopigger was involved in that aMm.  We're actually pretty nice people over here.  In fact, to show there are no hard feelings, I just sent you a facebook friend request.  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002054381948

Every fan base has their ugly morons.  You'll find ours here: www.grudenvillehomeofthedregsandsimpletons.n et , or if your censor's on, 66.219.27.66

I can 100% guarantee you that if someone actually did what you're claiming, they are a grudenvillehomeofthedregsandsimpletons.net poster.  Rather than denigrate the entire Arkansas fan base, you should go kick the crap out of the people who were responsible for this.  Good luck, frien.

Offline radioman

• Boar
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2012, 04:25:19 PM »

I agree. It would be easy to take care of Title IX by adding women's ice hockey.

Building an arena would be the huge hurdle. And getting the rest of the SEC to commit to building arenas
. It's not going to happen.
It costs about 400k to add ice to an arena.   Why couldn't we use BWA or Barnhill?

Online bigghurtt

• An elder statesman of nonsense, if you will.
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Re: Alabama @ Arkansas
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2012, 05:31:24 PM »

An Alabama fan pulling a story out of his ass?  Holy aMm, that's crazy.  You guys didn't win 14 national championships by making things up, you know.
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Online ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2012, 06:39:25 PM »
It costs about 400k to add ice to an arena.   Why couldn't we use BWA or Barnhill?

I know the lower west stands in Barnhill retract.  I can't remember if the east ones do?  It'd be fun to see a hockey team in Barnhill.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Tim Calhoun

• Boar
  • hrm
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2012, 08:57:38 AM »
I just saw some article about the Jones Center in Springdale and it was an amazing cost to keep that ice going.  Of course I don't recall the exact amount but it was their largest expense.   I doubt the UofA is gonna do that for a club sport.  They haggle enough with fricking jerseys.

Offline Dr. HawgLove

• That's Dr. Merkwerdichliebe to you
  • Tush Hog
  • Just look at the big board.
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2012, 09:22:14 AM »
You should be apologizing to yourself.  You saw first hand how much more beautiful and livable northwest Arkansas is than Alabama, how there aren't trailer meth labs as far as the eye can see, how you can stand behind a woman and see something 45 degrees to your right, how teeth are more common than cold sores.  YOU saw this, and now you know.  While Alabama is a hopeless shell of backwards attitudes, crushing poverty, rampant illiteracy and the most base violations of sexual taboos with regards to relatives and livestock, Fayetteville is instead the jewel of America, where business fights to relocate, individuals work their whole lives in the dream of becoming wealthy enough to retire there, and the people are as close to God's desire to have man in His image as any you can find.

You saw this with your own eyes and, knowing someone of your class could never live here, you chose to lash out against reality and your own desires by speaking ill of a land you will surely never remove from your most wistful dreams at night.  You have robbed yourself of whatever dignity an Alabaman might have, and put yourself on the wrong side of the ledger from the only people you will ever again aspire to be - Arkansans.

This is what you need to do to assuage (cahm doun) your obvious angst over this sin...go outside to the bathroom, look at your reflection in the 18 inches of standing red seal spit, and say "Ronnie boy, you done did wrong hur, andtchu knowit.  I sure is sorry."

Only this can save your bloated and likely pimply soul.  Salvation lies within.

Damn Hurt, you are an eloquent sumbitch when you're sober. 
"God willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural fluids."

"I think you're some kind of deviated prevert. I think general Ripper found out about your prevertion, and you were organizing some kind of mutiny of preverts."

"she's shitting quite a tail, there......."

Offline Hawgwild8988

• Boar
  • e pluribus sooie
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2012, 02:38:50 AM »
Guess you guys have heard the news:

@UATVSports: The Arkansas club hockey team, who made the national tourney last wkend, has been disqualified for having an academically ineligible player.

@UATVSports: Statement from associate vice chancellor of university relations. The player falsified his transcript so he could play http://t.co/qwGYNtET

:suicide:

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Administrator
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2012, 05:34:51 AM »
Sonofabitch.  It looks to be true.   :thumbdown:

http://newswire.uark.edu/article.aspx?id=17710

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2012, 07:37:37 AM »
well that fricking BLOWS

Offline 1st_down_streak

• Like Teats on a
  • Boar
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2012, 07:58:58 AM »
That's a real piss in the Wheaties.
Married my cousin up in Arkansas.
Married two more when I got to Utah.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.327 seconds with 20 queries.