Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alabama @ Arkansas  (Read 8328 times)

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
  • Administrator
  • Tush Hog
Re: Alabama @ Arkansas
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2012, 06:41:29 AM »
I'm confused; I hear that beating Bama gets us to Nationals, then I hear we need to Bama and show well in the SEC tourney.  frick, somebody tell me what it takes to get in automatically would you?

A number one or two ranking.  I've heard it told multiple ways, so I don't think anyone really knows how the rankings work.  All I know is they keep winning and they skip to Nationals.

UATV was supposed to air it.  Something must have gone wrong.  If I had to guess, it would be that the wireless signal in the press box isn't strong enough for the IPTV signal.  One of our projects has been to get some cabling infrastructure up there, but it got put on hold in lieu of the jersey project. 

Great game, Hogs!!  We beat #2 UCF and #3 Bama in the past ten days.  We should move to #2, but like I said I don't really know how all of that works.

What a ride.

I dropped by the Jones center and there were about 3k-3500 people there.  stands completely packed, 2-3 deep all the way around the rink, and about fifty people in the hall upstairs watching.  The Jones Center was blasting music in the rink and the fans were going crazy.  WPS!

That is unbelievable.  Just unreal.  Way to go Hog fans.   :thumbup:

Plankton, thanks for the pics.  Looks like you were right there in the bench area.   :beer:

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2012, 09:31:06 AM »
It was an awesome crowd and an awesome game. I got there a little after 7 and the stands inside were already full and I had to wait in a line of about 50 people to get tickets. By the time we got our tickets there was already standing room only in the stands. We went and stood behind the goal, which was an awesome perspective. The area around the glass quickly filled up.

Amazing to see how far the support has come for our hockey team. It's too bad there isn't someplace bigger for them to play. They may have to start selling reserved seats if they keep up the winning. A $6 ticket at the Jones Center could become the hottest ticket in town.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Administrator
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2012, 09:33:08 AM »

Amazing to see how far the support has come for our hockey team. It's too bad there isn't someplace bigger for them to play. They may have to start selling reserved seats if they keep up the winning. A $6 ticket at the Jones Center could become the hottest ticket in town.

There would be season ticket packages available if the administrative people had clue one what they are doing.

Offline GeoHogsGeo

• Woopig Poll
  • Boar
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2012, 10:54:40 AM »
Great job by the pigs on ice!

:beer: :beer:

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2012, 11:45:46 AM »
Why does the hockey facebook page and hockeyall.com say we won the WEST? Didn't we win the SEC?

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Administrator
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2012, 11:57:23 AM »
Why does the hockey facebook page and hockeyall.com say we won the WEST? Didn't we win the SEC?

We won the SEC regular season, we won the West, and next up is the SEC tournament.

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2012, 12:43:15 PM »
We won the SEC regular season, we won the West, and next up is the SEC tournament.

Who do I have to kill to get rid of that fricking popcorn hog?
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Administrator
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2012, 12:45:29 PM »

:maundoed:

Hadn't even thought of that.

I suppose all we really need to do is pick one we like and send it over via the team.  I'm sure they'd be happy to update it.

Offline Nukinhawg

• social pariah, banal bucolic of the lost rabble
  • Tush Hog
  • Tongue punching moms in the fart box since ...
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2012, 01:26:24 PM »

Probably the same person I'd have to kill to get rid of the blowup mascot.
You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler

Offline radioman

• Boar
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2012, 03:12:29 PM »
Is there any initiative to have men's ice hockey as a SEC sport?   I know that Title IX would be a concern,  but it seems like there would be money to be made, and the games would provide programming for the SEC Network that is sure to be established.

Offline Redbug

• Wild Hog
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2012, 04:52:52 PM »
Is there any initiative to have men's ice hockey as a SEC sport?   I know that Title IX would be a concern,  but it seems like there would be money to be made, and the games would provide programming for the SEC Network that is sure to be established.

It'll probably never happen because of Title IX....but I agree I'd love to see it....and you are correct about the programming. Friday night is college hockey night if you have DirecTv....there is usually about 5 or 6 games on at or around the same time on NBC Sports (Versus), CBSCollege, NESN, BIGTen, etc....(603,610,613,617,etc....) BIGTen, Ivy League, whatever the NE area and Midwest area conferences are.....Minnesota & North Dakota have AWESOME arenas....It's a fun change of pace from NHL if you like watching hockey. It would be great to have a Southern League....wishful fantasyland thoughts.....

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Administrator
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2012, 05:23:01 PM »

I know there has been some discussion with Athletics, but the cost of building an on-campus rink comes into play moreso than Title IX.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2012, 05:35:29 PM »
I know there has been some discussion with Athletics, but the cost of building an on-campus rink comes into play moreso than Title IX.

I agree. It would be easy to take care of Title IX by adding women's ice hockey.

Building an arena would be the huge hurdle. And getting the rest of the SEC to commit to building arenas. It's not going to happen.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Administrator
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2012, 07:23:36 PM »
Well, looks like some nobvillers showed up at the rink last night.

http://ronaldhagoodjr.blogspot.com/2012/02/screw-pig-soiee.html

Offline clintcommander

• Take it easy... and if its easy, take it twice!
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2012, 09:40:34 PM »

So now time to pack up and get the Starkville out of this backwards inbred state and back home to Sweet Home Alabama

This might be the funniest thing I have ever read in my entire life.  Sounds like someone's blog needs a good pinging.
If we win, I'll light my dick on fire and slam my balls in a door on youtube, with a smile on my face.

AlabamaRon

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2012, 10:03:00 PM »

First let me say I am sorry to any decent Arkansas fan I might have offended with my blog last night. I know there are some good fans out there for every school and really shouldn't judge based on a few, but last night really touched a sore spot with me.

I can answer about the rankings, the SECHC tournament is 1 week after regionals and has zero bearing on the rankings. The final rankings will come out early this coming week.

For the person guesstimating a crowd of 3000+ that is about 2000 more than there was. I am glad to see the SECHC getting some mention on a fan site and would like to encourage you to come to Huntsville February 24-26.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Administrator
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2012, 10:16:32 PM »
First let me say I am sorry to any decent Arkansas fan I might have offended with my blog last night. I know there are some good fans out there for every school and really shouldn't judge based on a few, but last night really touched a sore spot with me.

I can answer about the rankings, the SECHC tournament is 1 week after regionals and has zero bearing on the rankings. The final rankings will come out early this coming week.

For the person guesstimating a crowd of 3000+ that is about 2000 more than there was. I am glad to see the SECHC getting some mention on a fan site and would like to encourage you to come to Huntsville February 24-26.

Glad you showed up to defend yourself.

Tell us what happened at the rink last night.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2012, 12:22:44 AM »

Nah, you were right.  None of us are decent.

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • frick Him!
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2012, 01:34:49 AM »

I agree. It would be easy to take care of Title IX by adding women's ice hockey.

Building an arena would be the huge hurdle. And getting the rest of the SEC to commit to building arenas. It's not going to happen.

Actually, the long term athletics/campus master plan calls for a multi-use arena between 6th street and Baum or another place on the south end of campus.  This would allow for the demolition of Barnhill (which is going to happen anyway) and be used for concerts and other things that can't be done in BWA. 
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline BoarlissWilliamson

• Boar
  • Infected with the brain eating amoeba since 2006
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2012, 06:14:38 AM »

How about we say the Jones Center rink was at about capacity.  I don't know how more people could have fit in there.  It was packed and the atmosphere was great.  Just like the sweep.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2012, 07:38:38 AM »

Were you the guy standing on the stairs yelling at the "stripes" the whole game on Saturday night?

Offline bigghurtt

• An elder statesman of nonsense, if you will.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2012, 08:20:21 AM »

You should be apologizing to yourself.  You saw first hand how much more beautiful and livable northwest Arkansas is than Alabama, how there aren't trailer meth labs as far as the eye can see, how you can stand behind a woman and see something 45 degrees to your right, how teeth are more common than cold sores.  YOU saw this, and now you know.  While Alabama is a hopeless shell of backwards attitudes, crushing poverty, rampant illiteracy and the most base violations of sexual taboos with regards to relatives and livestock, Fayetteville is instead the jewel of America, where business fights to relocate, individuals work their whole lives in the dream of becoming wealthy enough to retire there, and the people are as close to God's desire to have man in His image as any you can find.

You saw this with your own eyes and, knowing someone of your class could never live here, you chose to lash out against reality and your own desires by speaking ill of a land you will surely never remove from your most wistful dreams at night.  You have robbed yourself of whatever dignity an Alabaman might have, and put yourself on the wrong side of the ledger from the only people you will ever again aspire to be - Arkansans.

This is what you need to do to assuage (cahm doun) your obvious angst over this sin...go outside to the bathroom, look at your reflection in the 18 inches of standing red seal spit, and say "Ronnie boy, you done did wrong hur, andtchu knowit.  I sure is sorry."

Only this can save your bloated and likely pimply soul.  Salvation lies within.
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

AlabamaRon

« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2012, 09:23:15 AM »
Glad you showed up to defend yourself.

Tell us what happened at the rink last night.

Apparently as one of our players was leaving the ice, an Arkansas player/fan poked one of our guys where the #71 patch was on his jersey and told him, I hope #71 enjoyed watching you lose from Starkville. Which in my opinion that is classless in every sense of the word and was uncalled for.

AlabamaRon

« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2012, 09:25:05 AM »

Were you the guy standing on the stairs yelling at the "stripes" the whole game on Saturday night?

No I was there attempting to get a decent webcast going.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2012, 09:48:36 AM »
Apparently as one of our players was leaving the ice, an Arkansas player/fan poked one of our guys where the #71 patch was on his jersey and told him, I hope #71 enjoyed watching you lose from Starkville. Which in my opinion that is classless in every sense of the word and was uncalled for.

I seriously doubt this happened.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.309 seconds with 21 queries.