Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Adventures in Myocardial Infarction  (Read 5664 times)

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
  • Administrator
  • Wild Hog
Re: Adventures in Myocardial Infarction
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2012, 06:12:43 PM »
Ha, you're right. You never really want to hear uh oh.    :)
You may have a benign enlarged prostate and needed a different catheter called a coude. Who knows. Im just glad you got some more juice before the second attempt.

O2

A coude.

Hee hee.

Author needed a coude for his chode.

Offline cotte

• Woopig Softballah - SS, #11
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2012, 06:40:37 PM »
A coude.

Hee hee.

Author needed a coude for his chode.

Yeah he did. And there are no takebacks.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 06:48:06 PM by cotte »
We're going to pick em up when they come off the damn bus. We gonna guard people.
Mike Anderson - March 26th, 2011

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2012, 12:55:11 PM »
I'm sorry for making my fan(s) wait.

Chapter 4 -- The Second Procedure and the Nazi.

I won't say much about the second procedure because it was pretty much the same as the first procedure.  I was asked if I would rather have heart bypass surgery, or 2 more stents.  I asked the doctor to remind me about the bypass, especially the part where they saw the patient's breastbone in half.  I once watched a magician in Branson saw a lady in half.  One of my children got sick before he attempted to put her back together.  When I returned from cleaning up my child, the box and the lady were nowhere to be seen.  I've kind had this aversion for sawed up things since then.  I chose the 2 new stents.

Somebody with more experience at this than me please tell me, will I have a problem at airports with 5 pieces of metal in my heart?  I carry around a card in my wallet that explains that I have these extra pieces with me at all times.  That, and everybody I know gave me a Subway gift card for Christmas.  Dang that Jerrod guy.  I'm proud he lost all that weight, but my days of being called the White Ceelo are slipping away.  This brings up the Nazi.

I love my wife dearly, but it's strange how a women who grew up letting her mother and grandmother do all the cooking all of a sudden can become such an expert on food preparation.  Hubby's having heart attacks seem to open that part of the brain women have developed through centuries of being the primary cooks of the house.  Nothing chauvinistic meant, of course.  For the month of December and January, I was served from the good old prerequisite "if it tastes good, spit it out" menu.  Not to make light of the holocaust, but since this all happened, I can envision my wife goose stepping and clicking her heels together when it's time to eat and not miss a beat.

Luckily, I have always been a fan of Italian dressing.  The low fat Italian tastes no different from regular.  To my surprise, the low fat honey mustard dressing maintains decent taste.  Good to know when lettuce seems to have replaced the meat that used to be a staple of every meal I ate.  Grocery shopping is now a time to read labels, so what used to take 15-20 minutes, takes a good hour when it's time to go to the Kroger's and get vittles.  Don't worry, the Nazi seems to get pleasure in checking for cholesterol or sodium content.  Strangely enough, if a food is low in cholesterol, it is high in sodium and vice versa.  I am encouraged to eat as much fruit as I like, in fact, the minimum is 5 servings a day, and no you can't count a banana split as a fruit.  I can also eat all the beans I can stomach.  Cheerios and Mini Wheat is dessert and the optional extra meal.  I've had my sugar level checked several times, and thankfully no worries about diabetes, so I can get the sweetened Cheerios and Mini Wheats.  Skim milk and no fat cheese sucks.  No other way to put it.

30 minutes of cardio every day.  Released to sex it up after a month and a half.  I don't have any problems in that area, but I know the last thing my loving wife wants in her life is to crawl out from under a middle aged statistic, so I try not to let things get out of hand, and actually that has taken the place of remembering batting averages, and other things I used to practice at certain points in the experience, if you know what I mean, so that's a good thing, isn't it?

I've lost 30 lbs, and kind of leveled off.  Being an educator who has extracurricular duties, I'm on the road a lot in January and February at ball games.  Kind of tough to eat a salad while driving on the interstate, so it won't be too much longer until I'm under the watchful eye of the Nazi more often again.  I really could stand to lose another 30-40 lbs.  I was 266 lbs when I rolled into the operating room.  236 ain't exactly making me Olive Oyl, but all of my clothes hang off me.  I can remove my belt and then remove my pants without unbuttoning.  My neck size of 20 in my collar has dropped to 17 1/2.  I feel good.  This past weekend, I felt the first chest pains (angina I'm told) for the first time since December 1.  I realized that I've got to slow it back down, and not think that I can't delegate a few things here and there.  I really do take this experience as something the Big Guy upstairs has used to get my attention, and point out He has a few more things for me to take care of, and even in His name, so I count myself as very blessed.  I won't go into the deeper questions of why am I still really here, and why would teenagers be leaving this world with seemingly more to do than I ever could, but this experience makes brings those type of questions to front of the line.

Thank you again to all the well wishes, prayers, good thoughts, and good messages.  I'm still no expert on heart attacks, and having had double digit kindney stones, I'd take a heart attack pain over a kidney stone passing, but the possible results of the former seem a tad more serious.  I'll be glad to share what I do know if you ask about heart attacks, but I'm begging all you friens to watch what you eat, toss the tobacco to the side, and get regular checkups, take some evening walks with your loved one(s), if not for yourself or the Fonz, for your family.

Offline Rick B.

• Wild Hog
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2012, 02:08:05 PM »
Stents are actually pretty small and probably won't set off metal detectors at the airport.  Note I said PROBABLY. 

And there is no magic number of xrays you can get in your life before they'll cause cancer.  It's a bit like smoking.  One can smoke a pack a day for their entire life and never get lung cancer.  Or, a person can get lung cancer after never having smoked once.  Xrays cause cancer as much as they CURE cancer.  The more xrays you get, the more the probability that you could get cancer from said xrays. 

BTW, I woulda come by and harassed you when you were at St. Eds but I was out of town for most of your experience.  Glad you're doing well!  : O0

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2012, 03:02:01 PM »
Stents are actually pretty small and probably won't set off metal detectors at the airport.  Note I said PROBABLY. 

And there is no magic number of xrays you can get in your life before they'll cause cancer.  It's a bit like smoking.  One can smoke a pack a day for their entire life and never get lung cancer.  Or, a person can get lung cancer after never having smoked once.  Xrays cause cancer as much as they CURE cancer.  The more xrays you get, the more the probability that you could get cancer from said xrays. 

BTW, I woulda come by and harassed you when you were at St. Eds but I was out of town for most of your experience.  Glad you're doing well!  : O0
And had it been my taint that needed some work, you were the man for the job.

#/no homo of course

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2012, 07:07:19 PM »

#/no homo of course

:maundoed:

Offline Scotty Doesn't Know

• Guns. Boom. America.
  • Boar
  • Not a doctor.
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2012, 12:09:37 PM »

In 2002 my dad was in Germany for summercamp with ARNG, getting ready to go to Iraq. My grandfather died and the kind folks at the Red Cross got him a first class ticket back for the funeral. The previous August, he had a stent put in. Like most people with metal parts in him, he carries the card that says "hey, i got aMm in me so don't touch me when I ding the metal detector."

Anyway, he makes it to Atlanta and after a few hours of flying forgets to present the card to the TSA psycho nazi before hopping his connecting flight to LR. Ding ding. They flipped out, will not let him get his card out of his billfold, and strip search him (He's 51 yeard old white E-8 in fatigues).

Long story short, he missed the flight, and we had to delay the funeral a day.
Every day, the future looks a little bit darker. But the past... even the grimy parts of it... keep on getting brighter.

Offline Rick B.

• Wild Hog
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2012, 12:18:17 PM »

#/no homo of course

Man, I'm honored but I'm not licensed in the state of Arkansas to do taint poking anymore.  Now, if you wanted it done in Texas, I can do that.   8-)

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2012, 09:43:15 PM »
Arthur, you are one lucky fellow you went back to the hospital. Take care of yourself. 

I'm just so impressed with doctors today.   :sarcasm:

"Jones reportedly passed away in his parked car after visiting his horses at a ranch near his oceanside home in Indiantown, Florida. Earlier, he'd told ranch hands he was having difficulty breathing. The previous night, he had gone to a nearby hospital complaining of chest pains, according to reports."

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2012, 02:54:43 PM »
Came for nuclear stress test this morning. Doctor pulled me off the treadmill after 2 minutes. Long story short, I'll be having open heart bypass tomorrow or Monday. Looks like I'll be taking a 3 month posting break.

Sure won't mind prayers for my family and maybe good mojo from Jizzbucket Steve.

Offline DRYANKNPULL

• Supersonic sleeping bag.
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2012, 02:58:33 PM »
Damn man. You are due for some good luck soon.  Hang in there.

Does this mean we get to play with the lol thread for three more months?

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2012, 03:14:04 PM »
Came for nuclear stress test this morning. Doctor pulled me off the treadmill after 2 minutes. Long story short, I'll be having open heart bypass tomorrow or Monday. Looks like I'll be taking a 3 month posting break.

Sure won't mind prayers for my family and maybe good mojo from Jizzbucket Steve.

Prayers here man.  I think the juju amulet is working as I haven't seen SS in a while.  You'll be ok, damn glad you got in on time.

Offline Seven

• A Shoat
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2012, 03:51:39 PM »
Best of luck to you.......

Offline Mtn Oyster

• A Shoat
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2012, 05:40:18 PM »
Praying for you and yours.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Administrator
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2012, 08:38:04 PM »
Damnit.  Hang in there, Author.  Have one of your'ns let us know how it went. 

Offline LaMoHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2012, 04:54:54 PM »
Prayers for ya'll, man. Get better fast.

Offline Cornhogio

• Boar
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2012, 03:19:48 PM »
I'm sorry for making my fan(s) wait.

Chapter 4 -- The Second Procedure and the Nazi.

I was asked if I would rather have heart bypass surgery, or 2 more stents.  I asked the doctor to remind me about the bypass, especially the part where they saw the patient's breastbone in half.  I chose the 2 new stents.

A very wise move.  I've had both, and believe me, the stents aren't even in the same time zone as bypass surgery. 

Somebody with more experience at this than me please tell me, will I have a problem at airports with 5 pieces of metal in my heart?  I carry around a card in my wallet that explains that I have these extra pieces with me at all times. 

I never had issues with the stents at the airport.
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2012, 05:31:02 PM »
Had triple bypass open heart surgery 7 days ago.

Ouch.

Nothing changes perspective more than the old breastbone getting sawed in half.

3 tubes all in my chest. All had to be removed post surgery and while you're awake.  If you've ever had your Wang cathed and then the cath removed, conscious prepares you for the doc pulling those drdinage tubes out of your chest was some sort of preparation, you know you've been lied to.

I was actually starting to think I might survive the pain, and the 2 hours ago I sneezed. Back to square one on dealing with pain.

Couldn't tell you whether my heart feels better, yet. I'm pretty much flat my back 23 hours a day for now.

Offline Satriale

• [expletive deleted]
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2012, 05:36:59 PM »
 :thumbup:

Hang in there.  Prayers for a sneeze free day.

Definitely back in the day.  If Ron Huery bangs your girlfriend recently, that is not cool. 

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.337 seconds with 21 queries.