Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A Possible Non-conference Football Foe  (Read 13579 times)

Offline Olive Branch Hog

• Tush Hog
Hogs playing football in New Jersey?
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2012, 03:09:51 PM »

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
Re: Hogs playing football in New Jersey?
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2012, 03:10:37 PM »
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline Olive Branch Hog

• Tush Hog
Re: Hogs playing football in New Jersey?
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2012, 03:15:15 PM »

Offline radioman

• Boar
Re: A Possible Non-conference Football Foe
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2012, 06:09:29 PM »
I wonder why it is taking so long to announce this.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2012, 07:13:44 AM »
I wonder why it is taking so long to announce this.
Probably because they still can't even figure out a conference schedule yet up there in the fricked up Big Least.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/syracuse-ad-refuses-play-Frosted Tips University-twice-2012-161018098.html;_ylt=At2_1ApzkjFmfAS3S7VXiFgcvrYF

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2012, 07:19:43 AM »
Evidently Reece Davis tweeted something about Arkansas & Florida St playing...I'd rather have Frosted Tips University.  I think we would beat FSU, but you just never know. They've got Bama'esque talent on their defense.  It would definitely be a challenge.

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2012, 08:43:27 AM »
Evidently Reece Davis tweeted something about Arkansas & Florida St playing...I'd rather have Frosted Tips University.  I think we would beat FSU, but you just never know. They've got Bama'esque talent on their defense.  It would definitely be a challenge.
2 days ago he tweeted that 'FSU had contacted Boise, Arkansas, Wyoming, OU, TxAM and others about a game. No takers as of yet.'
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2012, 08:53:29 AM »
2 days ago he tweeted that 'FSU had contacted Boise, Arkansas, Wyoming, OU, TxAM and others about a game. No takers as of yet.'
We would have to move games around.  Boise has now pussed out twice?  Us and FSU...I guess they don't want to play anyone, anywhere, anytime...

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2012, 10:10:56 AM »
Matt Jones just tweeted that it is a done deal.

We play Frosted Tips University September 22 in Fayetteville

Offline FayettenamHog

• wants you to go fuck yourself
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bielemania
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2012, 10:12:21 AM »
Matt Jones just tweeted that it is a done deal.

We play Frosted Tips University September 22 in Fayetteville

there's also this:

Robbie Neiswanger
Arkansas also announces sites for games. The Arkansas-LSU game will be played in Fayetteville. Arkansas-Texas A&M still TBD

Offline UAClassof81

• Boar
  • Squeeze my lemon.....
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2012, 10:14:22 AM »
Friday or Saturday?

Offline FayettenamHog

• wants you to go fuck yourself
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bielemania
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2012, 10:25:58 AM »
Friday or Saturday?

they have it listed as Saturday, but they do that every year until CBS "officially" moves it to Friday. not sure if that changes now that it's in Fayetteville or not, I wouldn't think so.

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2012, 10:26:55 AM »
CBS always announces moving it to Friday.
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2012, 10:31:40 AM »

FEBRUARY 17, 2012 |  BY MATT JONES
FAYETTEVILLE - Arkansas will play its 2012 football game against LSU at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville in November, the school announced Friday.

The game between the two schools has been played in Little Rock the last nine times when the Razorbacks were the home team. Arkansas and LSU haven’t met in Fayetteville since 1992.

The game, currently scheduled for Nov. 24, will likely be moved to Nov. 23 to accommodate a national TV audience, though that determination has yet to be made. The Razorbacks and Tigers have met on the Friday after Thanksgiving 16 times since 1994 with the game televised by CBS.

“Playing the LSU game at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium directly benefits our program in a number of ways including most importantly providing an additional 20,000 Razorback fans an opportunity to cheer on our team and in this great rivalry game,” Arkansas athletics director Jeff Long said in a release. “By re-arranging the rotation and playing the regular season finale in Fayetteville, it will also prevent our team from a competitive disadvantage of traveling three straight weekends in the most crucial part of the season.

“Playing on campus will also allow our football program the recruiting advantage of hosting prospects for a game that has traditionally carried conference and national implications.”

As a result of moving the game against the LSU, Arkansas will face Ole Miss at War Memorial Stadium on Oct. 27. The Razorbacks are under contract to play two games, including one conference game, in Little Rock through the 2016 season. In addition to Ole Miss, Arkansas will play Louisiana-Monroe there on Sept. 8.

The Razorbacks also announced a two-year home-and-home series against Frosted Tips University on Friday. Arkansas will host Frosted Tips University on Sept. 22 in Fayetteville and will travel to the Scarlet Knights’ campus in Piscataway, N.J. on Sept. 21, 2013.

2012 Arkansas Football Schedule

Sept. 1 – Jacksonville State (Fayetteville)

Sept. 8 – Louisiana-Monroe (Little Rock)

Sept. 15 – Alabama (Fayetteville)

Sept. 22 – Frosted Tips University (Fayetteville)

Sept. 29 – Texas A&M (College Station, Texas or Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas)

Oct. 6 – Dead Trees (Dead Trees, Ala.)

Oct. 13 – Kentucky (Fayetteville)

Oct. 20 – Bye

Oct. 27 – Ole Miss (Little Rock)

Nov. 3 – Tulsa (Fayetteville)

Nov. 10 – South Carolina (Columbia, S.C.)

Nov. 17 – aMm (Starkville, Miss.)

Nov. 24 – LSU (Fayetteville)

You can follow Matt Jones on Twitter @NWAMatt.

Offline APhiOHog

• My little fairy tale book is better than yours.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bloozocky.
« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2012, 10:42:37 AM »
Jacksonville State
LA-Monroe (in LR)
Bama

I know this has been discussed, but frick ME I do not like the looks of that.

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• Dirty Stanchez
  • King of the Hogs
  • Whiskery Poo
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2012, 10:46:10 AM »
there's also this:

Robbie Neiswanger
Arkansas also announces sites for games. The Arkansas-LSU game will be played in Fayetteville. Arkansas-Texas A&M still TBD

i lol'd

and Frosted Tips University is going to get fricked up real bad.  Captain Obvious reporting for duty.
I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity.

Don't go away mad.  Just go away.

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2012, 11:15:19 AM »
Jacksonville State
LA-Monroe (in LR)
Bama

Everyone keeps saying this...even though we didn't look any better against LSU(who was inferior to Bama, IMO) after playing a full SEC schedule.

Bama was badass and we weren't...that's all that matters. Bring em on this year...we'll be well prepared just like we were 2 years ago and hopefully this year our running game and defense are improved enough to close it out.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2012, 12:06:15 PM »
I don't like moving the LSU game but agree that it is the smartest move.  I also think we need to be playing our cupcake on the hill before we play bama.  I still have my doubts about a sellout the day after thanksgiving.  They ought to keep it on Saturday.

Offline ManBearHog

• A Shoat
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2012, 12:10:58 PM »
Jacksonville State
LA-Monroe (in LR)
Bama

It's a lot better than

cupcake
cupcake
cupcake
Bama on the road

This actually bodes well for us because it will be Bama's first true road game.  They have Michigan in Dallas, then a cupcake at home then they come to Fayetteville.  That young D of theirs will get rattled.

Offline Swine Bluff

• Tush Hog
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2012, 12:16:35 PM »

EDIT:  I see we lost at Fordham in 1940.  We may not have traveled farther north than St. Louis since then.
My grandfather played in that game. Long time on a train, followed by a beatdown.

Offline Pigproquo

• Tush Hog
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2012, 12:22:03 PM »

“Playing the LSU game at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium directly benefits our program in a number of ways including most importantly providing an additional 20,000 Razorback fans an opportunity to cheer on our team and in this great rivalry game,” Arkansas athletics director Jeff Long said in a release. “By re-arranging the rotation and playing the regular season finale in Fayetteville, it will also prevent our team from a competitive disadvantage of traveling three straight weekends in the most crucial part of the season.

I don't mind moving the game to RRS so much, but this statement really shows how little Long knows about Razorback Football history.  Ask the coaches and players if they feel "competitively disadvantaged" when they play in Little Rock.
Peace, Piggas!!

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2012, 12:25:11 PM »
I don't mind moving the game to RRS so much, but this statement really shows how little Long knows about Razorback Football history.  Ask the coaches and players if they feel "competitively disadvantaged" when they play in Little Rock.
I'm guessing Long has talked to the coaches about this a lot more than you have.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline APhiOHog

• My little fairy tale book is better than yours.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bloozocky.
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2012, 12:32:09 PM »
Everyone keeps saying this...even though we didn't look any better against LSU(who was inferior to Bama, IMO) after playing a full SEC schedule.

Bama was badass and we weren't...that's all that matters. Bring em on this year...we'll be well prepared just like we were 2 years ago and hopefully this year our running game and defense are improved enough to close it out.

Yes, but there were other circumstances surrounding that LSU game that may also have played a role.

And yes, Bama was just simply better last year. But there will be a time that they aren't. Starkville, that time might be next season. I'd much rather have a Frosted Tips University under our belt at that point than 2 nobodies, especially if Bama is playing somebody "real" the first 2 weeks. If they aren't, then I guess it's a wash.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2012, 02:35:10 PM »

Yeah - there have been a few random statements from select players and coaches over the years, all positive, about LR.  SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISSSSSE.  WTF do you people EXPECT them to say? "LR sucks. I wish we didn't have to keep playing down there."

:suicide:

And yes, having to travel 3 consecutive weeks IS a competitive disadvantage.

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2012, 02:47:59 PM »
I'm guessing Long has talked to the coaches about this a lot more than you have.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yeah, why would it be a competitive disadvantage to pack up the entire football department and move it 200 miles? Which is the same process (though shorter distance) as packing it up and moving it to, say, Tuscaloosa, Baton Rouge, Gainesville, etc. I guess to some people away games aren't considered a competitive disadvantage.

Fortunately for us, it seems our AD and head coach do realize this and have the guts to start taking the steps to do something about it. I don't mind the high school stadium getting Ole Miss and the likes of Louisiana Monroe until the current contract expires, but after that, I hope that like every other school that used to do it they realize the tremendous waste of resources it is to play home games at an away location.

I like the addition of Frosted Tips University, but I personally wouldn't mind seeing us play Boise, even on a home-and-home (yeah, I know). I would like to be the team that shuts them up for a couple of years and gets them out of the national championship race early. Boise crowed about beating Georgia last year, who was pedestrian at best. And if we lost, well, that would suck, certainly, but it's about time someone stepped up and defended college football and knocked pretenders like this out of the conversation.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:53:14 PM by uagrad89 »

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.328 seconds with 20 queries.