Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A Possible Non-conference Football Foe  (Read 13876 times)

Offline Snorts

• Boar
  • 7 Screaming Diz Busters
Re: A Possible Non-conference Football Foe
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2012, 07:02:07 AM »
Cupcake.  We need cupcakes.

12-0 with several cupcakes beats the Starkville out of 11-1 or 10-2 with losses to any of the aforementioned teams.  I would rather see us blow out a cupcake than lose a spectacular game against a power.  Any day.

And frick Arkansas State. They are not worth one single lost recruit, which would surely begin to happen if we validated them by scheduling them.  Let them build their program on their own, they shouldn't need us to do that.  We damn sure don't need them.
Just ask the Axis

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2012, 07:04:21 AM »
Let's not. 

Who are you people afraid of?  Let's take on every motherfricker in the country early.  Michigan, Nebraska, USC, whoever.  Bring 'em on.

We play the best of the best every year.  What's one more decent game?

Bring. 

Them.

On.
That was a joke to whomever said we should rotate old SWC foes...

I don't care who we play.  I would love a good showcase game.  I really wanted Nebraska.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2012, 07:30:56 AM »
Cupcake.  We need cupcakes.

12-0 with several cupcakes beats the Starkville out of 11-1 or 10-2 with losses to any of the aforementioned teams.  I would rather see us blow out a cupcake than lose a spectacular game against a power.  Any day.

And frick Arkansas State. They are not worth one single lost recruit, which would surely begin to happen if we validated them by scheduling them.  Let them build their program on their own, they shouldn't need us to do that.  We damn sure don't need them.

If we had beaten LSU this year, we likely would have stayed below Alabama and LSU still.  They each had higher computer numbers because they each had better OOC wins.  LSU with Oregon & WVU, Bama with Penn St.  Arkansas had Texas A&M.  A&M having a shitty season could have kept us out of the national championship game, had we actually beaten LSU.

That's why I think we have to play a school that's at least respected.  Virginia Tech would be perfect, I think.  They're CONSISTENTLY overrated, so you know we'll get a nice bump from beating them. 

Offline Snorts

• Boar
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2012, 09:04:32 AM »
I think most years the good record will trump SOS.  This year was an anomaly, not likely to occur again in my lifetime.  Win em all, go 12-0, you won't need to worry about LSU and Bama, we beat them.  Start losing, you end up where you end up.  Things turned out well for us this year with 2 losses.  We were the highest ranked 11-2 team in the Country (Oregon was 12-2).  Being on the SEC insulates us from a lot of the SOS questions.
Just ask the Axis

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2012, 09:40:46 AM »
I think most years the good record will trump SOS.  This year was an anomaly, not likely to occur again in my lifetime.  Win em all, go 12-0, you won't need to worry about LSU and Bama, we beat them.  Start losing, you end up where you end up.  Things turned out well for us this year with 2 losses.  We were the highest ranked 11-2 team in the Country (Oregon was 12-2).  Being on the SEC insulates us from a lot of the SOS questions.

Perhaps, but it's entirely plausible (to me), that LSU, Bama, and Arkansas could go 11-1 with each only losing to each other.  That means SoS will be a factor whether we like it or not.  That and timing, I suppose.  Losing to Bama early is bad, but not nearly as bad as losing to LSU late.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2012, 09:42:57 AM »

But, I think we'd get the same benefit from playing a 9 game SEC: play ALL of your intra-division opponents each year (6 games), a rival from the other side every single year, and two games from the rest of the other division, rotating so that every six years you play each twice. 9 games.

I think there should be a 9-game conference schedule now that there are 14 teams. 

I'm glad somebody else came out and said it first.
Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Offline krack1925

• A Shoat
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2012, 09:56:26 AM »
If we want a foe that is highly ranked but not that good I say we play ND every fing year till the cows come home.  They suck but are top 25 EVERY fricking YEAR.  If you want to boost your power ranking without taking a real risk, look to god.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2012, 10:15:31 AM »
If we want a foe that is highly ranked but not that good I say we play ND every fing year till the cows come home.  They suck but are top 25 EVERY fricking YEAR.  If you want to boost your power ranking without taking a real risk, look to god.

I'd make that trip.

Offline Snorts

• Boar
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2012, 10:21:24 AM »

Modified cupcake?
Just ask the Axis

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2012, 10:41:22 AM »
I have the biggest sports jinx in the world.  Vikings, Braves, etc.  The Hogs have excelled recently in spite of me, and because I stop watching and go for a walk when they struggle in a game.  That usually reverses their poor play and seals the win.

If UA scheduled Ga Tech, I will guarantee the first game ever in which both teams lose.

Offline Pork Soda

• ...Tapenade
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2012, 11:07:54 AM »
Modified cupcake?

Fortified cupcake.

Online Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • Hard tung indeed
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2012, 10:19:02 PM »
Maybe since West Virginia bailed on FSU, we could get WVA now. 

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2012, 10:51:34 AM »
Logically it will be a Big East team, since they will all have a game to make up once WVU officially is cleared for Big 12 play.

Louisville would be fun. 
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Online Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • You're killing your father, Larry.
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2012, 10:53:29 AM »
Logically it will be a Big East team, since they will all have a game to make up once WVU officially is cleared for Texas League play.

Louisville would be fun.

Do you know if BMFP left Louisville on good terms? Or we're they all pissy about it?
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2012, 11:08:30 AM »
Do you know if BMFP left Louisville on good terms? Or we're they all pissy about it?

If you ask the fans, every one of them would kill to have Petrino back.

If you ask the media, they all think he left their program in shambles because Kragthorpe immediately aMm the bed, couldn't instill discipline, and ended up kicking some guys off the team.  Funny.  There were never any problems when Petrino was in charge.  There aren't any problems at Arkansas.  But, evidently, things were so bad that Kragthorpe got really shaken up about it.

O0

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2012, 12:42:06 PM »

They committed to building some multi million dollar project because of Petrino and were banking on him to be their lifetime coach. I'd imagine some there are pissy about it.

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • UPGRAYEDD. Two D's for a double dose of pimpin'.
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2012, 12:58:49 PM »

If you ask the media, they all think he left their program in shambles because Kragthorpe immediately aMm the bed, couldn't instill discipline, and ended up kicking some guys off the team.  Funny.  There were never any problems when Petrino was in charge.  There aren't any problems at Arkansas.  But, evidently, things were so bad that Kragthorpe got really shaken up about it.

O0
I c wot u did thar.

The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Offline hogggdadi

• Tush Hog
  • I'm watching you on the pig. always
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2012, 01:03:12 PM »
More sins of bobby petrino.
You only have to be the best team today.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2012, 02:30:38 PM »
evidently, things were so bad that Kragthorpe got really shaken up about it.

I c wot u did thar.

More (parkin)sins of bobby petrino.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2012, 02:36:33 PM »

Offline raisinsnacks

• Optimist.
  • Boar
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2012, 08:50:06 PM »
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2012/02/rutgers_could_play_football_ho.html

In addition, both people said, Rutgers is close to finalizing a home-and-home deal with Arkansas, starting this fall. Rutgers would play at Arkansas this year, with the Razorbacks coming to Rutgers Stadium in 2013, becoming the first SEC team to play in Piscataway.

The home-and-home contingency plans with Syracuse, as well as Rutgers' game with Arkansas, could fall through if Boise State is fast-tracked into the Big East, however. That is still considered a long shot because of the timing, with Boise expected to play one more season in the Mountain West.
It's not YOURkansas, it's not MYkanasas, it's OURkansas. Go Razorbacks and also Razorbutts! Arakansas is the California of 2014!

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • frick Him!
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2012, 08:52:17 PM »
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2012/02/rutgers_could_play_football_ho.html

In addition, both people said, Rutgers is close to finalizing a home-and-home deal with Arkansas, starting this fall. Rutgers would play at Arkansas this year, with the Razorbacks coming to Rutgers Stadium in 2013, becoming the first SEC team to play in Piscataway.

The home-and-home contingency plans with Syracuse, as well as Rutgers' game with Arkansas, could fall through if Boise State is fast-tracked into the Big East, however. That is still considered a long shot because of the timing, with Boise expected to play one more season in the Mountain West.

sweet!!  fake tans and hair gel for EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2012, 08:56:19 PM »

YGBSM
See, everybody thinks we're backwoods, but they look to our billfold to pull their sorry ass out of a hole.
Good Lord, an SEC team playing in New Jersey.  The end is near.

Offline Vito Porkleone

• Director of Golf
  • Tush Hog
  • "How'd everybody get in our room?"
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2012, 08:57:02 PM »

This is only so Vincenzo can get some home cooking in '13.
"You're not drunk if you can lay on the floor without holdin' on..."

Offline 'Riffic

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2012, 09:13:09 PM »

O0

The vast majority of Louisville fans I know HATE Petrino.  However, the few halfway knowledgeable ones I know would kill for him & were in the minority of wanting him to stay when he left. 

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.294 seconds with 21 queries.