Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Archie Goodwin explains his decision to pick Kentucky over the Hogs  (Read 2329 times)

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
Saw this interview with him last night on KTHV while waiting on another riveting episode of LawCall to start.

In short, it was basically a business decision. 

http://www.todaysthv.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1448821287001
Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Offline Biff Malibu

• Resident Asshole
  • Boar
  • In...the...FACE!
Re: Archie Goodwin explains his decision to pick Kentucky over the Hogs
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 01:41:15 PM »
Saw this interview with him last night on KTHV while waiting on another riveting episode of LawCall to start.

In short, it was basically a business decision. 

http://www.todaysthv.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1448821287001

He's going to be on the business end of a Mike Anderson ass whooping at the Bud next season.

Offline Old Dirty Boarstard

• Boar
  • quack
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 02:46:30 PM »
Maybe we should start incorporating a new element to our Catfish Hole agenda.

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 03:02:18 PM »
frick you arch, hope you get a knee.
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 03:42:51 PM »
Makes me sad to be a bear.  Not the gay kind, the Sylvan Hills kind.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Offline jsimp

• Tush Hog
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 05:25:02 PM »
It's pretty obvious from that interview that the only thing this kid is really concerned about is getting to the league. I'm pretty sure Mike is looking for some kids that are interested in winning championships and that are willing to do what it takes on the defensive end to get it done. That's not not meant to sound like some "we don't need him anyway" bullshit, because we do. That's the most frustrating thing about this to me. This kid  thinks he has to go to KY to get to the league because he's been fed horse aMm from that fricking shister of a coach up there. He was blessed with the opportunity to put his home state on his back, help us get back where we belong, and still fulfill every dream he has of playing at the next level. it's done now, he can eat a dick

Offline jsimp

• Tush Hog
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 05:34:45 PM »
one more thing. I'm not of the opinion that Calipari pays kids(anymore) or provides more improper benefits(anymore) that any other school. But you are extremely naive if you don't think Calipari doesn't have AAU coaches in his pocket and doesn't have former players do his recruiting for him. You can bet your ass this kid has had at least one phone call from his hero D ROse telling him how He owes his whole career to Calipari  and that he can be the next.

Offline jeb stuart

• Tush Hog
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 05:40:25 PM »
It's pretty obvious from that interview that the only thing this kid is really concerned about is getting to the league. I'm pretty sure Mike is looking for some kids that are interested in winning championships and that are willing to do what it takes on the defensive end to get it done. That's not not meant to sound like some "we don't need him anyway" bullshit, because we do. That's the most frustrating thing about this to me. This kid  thinks he has to go to KY to get to the league because he's been fed horse aMm from that fricking shister of a coach up there. He was blessed with the opportunity to put his home state on his back, help us get back where we belong, and still fulfill every dream he has of playing at the next level. it's done now, he can eat a dick

He went to Kentucky to play college basketball. Although I don't agree with his decision, he went to the program that is the epitome of belonging at the pinnacle from a historical perspective.

Offline hogeyeblind

• A Shoat
  • "Golden Handcuffs"
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 05:46:24 PM »
archie can eat a bag of dicks
2 Star talent but I'm special and really want to be a Woopigger

Offline cotte

• Woopig Softballah - SS, #11
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 06:12:38 PM »
Makes me sad to be a bear.  Not the gay kind, the Sylvan Hills kind.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

What year?
We're going to pick em up when they come off the damn bus. We gonna guard people.
Mike Anderson - March 26th, 2011

Offline The Red Death

• Glitch fixer
  • Boar
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 06:22:05 PM »
Why the frick does anyone care?  And why the frick is our local media interviewing this shithead Kentucky signee? 

He's dead to me and I don't care if he ever scores another point.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
George Carlin

Offline Redbug

• Wild Hog
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 06:23:18 PM »
Archie's gonna be a GIANT bust....got assraped by a guy who isn't even playing D1 Bball but DB for Okie State....

Great one and done players that make it and "star" in the league dont get their aMm pushed in by a kid at the state tourney that instead goes to a middle tier school to hope that he can someday get on the football field for....

Now if we were losing the next Dwight Howard, Joe Johnson or Blake Griffin....then yea I'd be pissed....

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs

Offline deesnutts

• A Shoat
  • you only live, til you die
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 10:42:12 AM »
Archie's gonna be a GIANT bust....got assraped by a guy who isn't even playing D1 Bball but DB for Okie State....

Great one and done players that make it and "star" in the league dont get their aMm pushed in by a kid at the state tourney that instead goes to a middle tier school to hope that he can someday get on the football field for....

Now if we were losing the next Dwight Howard, Joe Johnson or Blake Griffin....then yea I'd be pissed....

I hate the fact we lost a great in state player as much as anyone, but, to say he's gonna be a bust is way off. This kid can flat out play and if you saw him in person you would agree. he's a stud on a team he has to carry on his back. Again, I hate it but that cat can play the game and is gonna be a All-Star in the league....

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 11:36:09 AM »
I hate the fact we lost a great in state player as much as anyone, but, to say he's gonna be a bust is way off. This kid can flat out play and if you saw him in person you would agree. he's a stud on a team he has to carry on his back. Again, I hate it but that cat can play the game and is gonna be a All-Star in the league....
Maybe it was just a bad game but the game I saw him play he was 4-23 FGs and harassed conssitently by Alma last year. Obviously he's better than that but to automatically say he's an NBA All Star is ridiculous.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 11:38:11 AM »
Seen both play at the same level and he is no where close to Joe Johnson.  Archie is good, but his recruitment was not.  He is not a one and done.  Better than Madden but not tons better.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 21 queries.