Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Arkansas @ Georgia on Wednesday 7pm central  (Read 10411 times)

Offline KSHogg

• Music Man
  • King of the Hogs
  • Mobile spray tanner
Re: Arkansas @ Georgia on Wednesday 7pm central
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2012, 08:48:40 PM »
so what's happening in the game?  anyone doing well?

Mostly just zero effort. Dawgs are shooting lights out but a lot of that is our crappy defense.

Young is playing solid, Wade has found his shot but theres not much else to brag about.
Still runnin' against the wind

Offline Mike Slive

• Boar
« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2012, 08:50:18 PM »
This will go down as a "bad loss" for us with Houston. And now I think we are down to 8 scholars now.

Offline The Red Death

• Harnessing the spirit of John Robert Starr since 2005
  • Boar
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2012, 08:50:49 PM »
I think Mike has the team psyched out.  Kind of like when Petrino with the slow starts this year when he said "we're not going to talk about that anymore" and the starts got better. 

Quit talking about the road.  Do something different.  Quit focusing on that and they'll be alright.  Right now the team looks like it expects to get beat away from home.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2012, 08:51:06 PM »

It's disappointing, but the tone of this whole thread is too. This team's already exceeded my expectations for them this year... I'm not exactly satisfied, but I knew this season was going to take some major patience going in. Really seems like a lot of people had some unreasonably high expectations.

There is a lot of dumbass in this thread.  There is more excitement around the basketball team in any time since we beat OU and TX back to back, and after this game, people are calling for baseball?   ???

That's crazy.
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • frick Him!
« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2012, 08:51:16 PM »
Mostly just zero effort. Dawgs are shooting lights out but a lot of that is our crappy defense.

Young is playing solid, Wade has found his shot but theres not much else to brag about.

i'll mark you down for not catching the sarcasm

+1
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2012, 08:51:38 PM »

Almost all of their looks are due to second chance opportunities and breaks in the press.
I'm not sure you can blame it all to crappy defense. Zero rebounding, yeah.

Offline Hogye West

• Tits
  • Tush Hog
  • He's Kent Dorfman! He's a legacy from Harrisburg
« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2012, 08:51:45 PM »
Again...  seriously?

How many teams are throwing nine scholarship players out on the floor?

Hint: None of the good ones.

Agree with this as well. And most of those young teams have at least some solid senior leadership on the floor as well. Not one NBA ready type player on this team, where most of the top 25 have at least one on the team if not more. Maybe not lottery pick but contribute to a pro team in some way.

Pretty stupid when people go fricking apeshit on one game like this is just a typical trend. We've busted our ass every game this year. We played like aMm tonight. We will get over it
Who the frick are you and why are you worthy of my praise?

Blow it out your ass Howard.

Offline Nukinhawg

• Pop country inspires me...to listen to Waylon
  • Tush Hog
  • Yep
« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2012, 08:52:01 PM »
Fall out and take the bait
Eat the fruit and kiss the snake goodnight

Common ruse, dirty face
Pretty noose is pretty hate
And I don't like what you've got me hanging from
You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler

Offline pulled pork butt

• A Shoat
  • "we didn't come to paint"
« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2012, 08:52:08 PM »
It's official we still suck in basketball!

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2012, 08:53:30 PM »
Common ruse, dirty face
Pretty noose is pretty hate
And I don't like what you've got me hanging from
O0

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2012, 08:54:31 PM »
This team, that everyone has determined doesn't care based on the aMm poor effort tonight, looks dog ass tired right now.

It looks like they've just become kind of road-weary in terms of energy. Crowd and adrenaline can keep them going at home... not so much in the second straight road game.

Offline Hogye West

• Tits
  • Tush Hog
  • He's Kent Dorfman! He's a legacy from Harrisburg
« Reply #161 on: February 08, 2012, 08:54:51 PM »

Wow. Who'da guessed?!
Who the frick are you and why are you worthy of my praise?

Blow it out your ass Howard.

Offline aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #162 on: February 08, 2012, 08:54:57 PM »
Again...  seriously?

How many teams are throwing nine scholarship players out on the floor?

Hint: None of the good ones.

Doesn't Mizzou only play with seven guys? Of course they are mostly older guys well trained by the guy that is corching up our dudes.

I do agree that it's more a numbers deal than youth but it's hard not to look out there and see how young we are. Also have very little in terms of an older guy that is a clear cut leader.

I was tired of "we're young" ten years ago but you have to look at reality and the reality is we are.
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Offline Nick Ahpleeze

• Tush Hog
  • Uniform Traditionalist
« Reply #163 on: February 08, 2012, 08:56:52 PM »
aMm the hogs could make the sisters of poor look like Champs. Maybe Mike can get uncle(they'd build a statue of me if I was white) remus to give da team a pep talk. Maybe something like ..."when I had Corliss I was the best damn thang since sliced bread as far as corching was concerned...blah blah 40 minutes uh Starkville .... Football ain't never won nuthin but  a mythical....shewwwt!!!!
Hey Jeff, Red & White (no black) Jersey , 2 Red stripes on pants leg. GOT IT ?

Offline KSHogg

• Music Man
  • King of the Hogs
  • Mobile spray tanner
« Reply #164 on: February 08, 2012, 08:56:55 PM »
i'll mark you down for not catching the sarcasm

+1
:thumbup: :thumbup:

( :bird:)

Offline The Red Death

• Harnessing the spirit of John Robert Starr since 2005
  • Boar
« Reply #165 on: February 08, 2012, 08:58:33 PM »
We don't have the kind of youth that everyone thinks when they gripe about the "we're young" argument.  Yeah, if your Kentucky and have 3 1st round NBA draft picks, or Carmelo Anthony on your team then you can have success when you have freshman logging most of your minutes.

We don't have any of those.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2012, 08:58:53 PM »
Doesn't Mizzou only play with seven guys? Of course they are mostly older guys well trained by the guy that is corching up our dudes.

I do agree that it's more a numbers deal than youth but it's hard not to look out there and see how young we are. Also have very little in terms of an older guy that is a clear cut leader.

I was tired of "we're young" ten years ago but you have to look at reality and the reality is we are.

You pretty much answered your own question, but while they primarily rotate in 7 guys... those aren't their only guys... and they're mostly all upperclassmen with a lot of games and offseason work under their belt.

Offline jsimp

• Tush Hog
« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2012, 08:59:02 PM »

you're wrong. haith trained those guys from miami while pretending to coach the canes. mike just sat on his ass and ate doritos. they are blessed he left and the real man behind the scenes came and took over.

Offline Porkrinds

• Boar
« Reply #168 on: February 08, 2012, 09:01:51 PM »

Offline KSHogg

• Music Man
  • King of the Hogs
  • Mobile spray tanner
« Reply #169 on: February 08, 2012, 09:02:42 PM »
81-59 final

Offline aNiMaL

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #170 on: February 08, 2012, 09:04:14 PM »
you're wrong. haith trained those guys from miami while pretending to coach the canes. mike just sat on his ass and ate doritos. they are blessed he left and the real man behind the scenes came and took over.

Right and the whole deal about Mizzou trying in desperation to hire at least six other guys prior to Haith was really just an elaborate ploy.
And so it was that later

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Suck my cock I'll murder your family!!!-jacki mhoon
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #171 on: February 08, 2012, 09:04:31 PM »
We just got our ass beat by the worst team in the league.  It wasn't just hot shooting.  We got it handed to us.  Quit making excuses.  They had won one game.  We got housed.

"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #172 on: February 08, 2012, 09:04:47 PM »
I guess I haven't read your aMm as much. But it seems like every post you ever make is to bitch. Not that I'm completely disagreeing with you on this post. But I'm just curious on who pisses in your wheaties every morning

I guess I haven't read your aMm as much. But it seems like every post you ever make is to bitch. Not that I'm completely disagreeing with you on this post. But I'm just curious on who pisses in your wheaties every morning

You are watching this abomination, aren't you? I know you said you aren't disagreeing with me, but still, Georgia is a terrible team and we're getting absolutely blown out.

Georgia is shooting well because they're shooting uncontested shots. A lot of teams are able do that.  You can't ignore the fact that Georgia was 307th in the NCAA in scoring and we're making them look like Kentucky. Even the announcers are talking about what a terrible effort this is. Playing hard and losing is one thing - mailing it in so that even these announcers notice it is quite another.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw

Correction - we're down to 8 scholarship players now. Sanchez is gone, who knows for how long. He's at least a body, despite his limitations.

Listen, I don't expect us to win every single game right now. I never for one second thought we'd make the NCAA tourney this year and seriously doubted we'd make the NIT. But, regardless of how young and how few scholarship players we have, you should expect to see improvement over the course of the year. I also expect to see guys play hard, whether they're at home or on the road. This group is not doing it. You're overstating what I expect to see. This game tonight is unacceptable. Yeah, we totally stunk up the joint tonight to a level we haven't necessarily done so far this year - though the Ole Miss and LSU games give it a run for the money - and maybe it's an aberration. But we played very poorly against LSU and now again tonight. We'll probably come out and blow South Carolina out and everybody will be all sunshine and roses again until we go to Tennessee next Wednesday.

We may still end up being a NCAA team. Anything is possible. But this was a nightmare performance. We are the cure for teams on a losing streak. Bama, LSU, Georgia all got well big-time against us.

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #173 on: February 08, 2012, 09:05:45 PM »
love the excuses, were young, were tired, mental block.

we just got ass raped by one of the worst teams in the fricking conf.

we cant rebound, our offense vs the zone looks just like it did under pelphrey, our defense is horrid. etc
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline aNiMaL

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #174 on: February 08, 2012, 09:06:58 PM »
We just got our ass beat by the worst team in the league.  It wasn't just hot shooting.  We got it handed to us.  Quit making excuses.  They had won one game.  We got housed.

Well they didn't half ass getting housed....they went Full House tonight.
And so it was that later

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 21 queries.