Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Arkansas @ Georgia on Wednesday 7pm central  (Read 9855 times)

Online bigghurtt

• An elder statesman of nonsense, if you will.
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Arkansas @ Georgia on Wednesday 7pm central
« Reply #200 on: February 09, 2012, 08:11:00 AM »
Seriously, what does Ky Madden do to earn playing time?  He cannot shoot the ball.  He's a complete liability on the floor on the offensive end.

And then, this.  Are we going full retard already?
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Online bigghurtt

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #201 on: February 09, 2012, 08:15:44 AM »
Wade channeling his inner Alex Dillard.

Then does something completely dumb. Walks all the way across the lane and misses the layup.

I'm more than a little tired of the "We're young" excuse. All teams are young at some places. I'm not saying I expect these guys to be Kentucky but I expect them, after 22 games, to go out and give at least a reasonable amount of effort on the road. It was obviously not there tonight. They know by this point what it takes to compete on the road - they did it at Bama, for the most part, except for that killer 5 minute scoring drought at the end of the game.

These guys may turn it around at some point, but as hard as is to say, I might be as disappointed with this group as I've been with a Razorback team in the last 10 years.

Ok, last one and I'm done.

This is Grade-A StuFuckingPid.

Online JDHog

• Lineman for the County
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • King of the Jelly Dongs.
« Reply #202 on: February 09, 2012, 08:16:11 AM »
We got our asses handed to us.

It happens. 
I drive the main road.

Offline Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #203 on: February 09, 2012, 08:44:01 AM »
The Arkansas Razorbacks will not win a road game this season.  They will not make the tourney.

This is hilarious.  Where's the Boarliss from the Miss. St. thread?

Offline Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #204 on: February 09, 2012, 08:53:59 AM »

It happens.

And when it happens to a 1-7 team who has looked like crap all year.......frick.

Online JDHog

• Lineman for the County
  • Administrator
  • Boar
« Reply #205 on: February 09, 2012, 08:59:08 AM »
And when it happens to a 1-7 team who has looked like crap all year.......frick.

Exactly. 
I drive the main road.

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #206 on: February 09, 2012, 09:54:51 AM »
I wonder if this is how other teams feel when they lose to Arkansas.

"I mean they are Arkansas, we thought we could steal a road win there."

Same story, different mascot shirts.  It happens. It sucks but it happens. Who was it that we just jumped on 1st half that couldn't do anything right  and we couldn't miss.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #207 on: February 09, 2012, 10:28:43 AM »
I wonder if this is how other teams feel when they lose to Arkansas.

"I mean they are Arkansas, we thought we could steal a road win there."

Same story, different mascot shirts.  It happens. It sucks but it happens. Who was it that we just jumped on 1st half that couldn't do anything right  and we couldn't miss.

Even though it's not near as modern or state of the art anymore as most of us think, we have one of the best venues in the country.
We've got a traditionally motivated fan base and a generally "smart" and loud crowd that makes it tough to win there, even when we have a bad team.

Fact is, we do not have a "good" team this year. We've played well at home and had our moments on our home floor, but that's it.
While from a recruiting standpoint, we know the practice facility will happen... if there was ever an argument to not get one, this season is it.

LOW on numbers, LOW on experience = BAD season. The fact that we've even been discussed as a bubble team shows two things...  That you're a really bad team if you don't make the tournament this season and that Coach A has done one Starkville of a job at establishing a foundation and getting this program with a good step going forward.

Winning these games at home, getting the fans behind this team...  HUGE step for the program and something we've seemingly lost in the past ten years. To me, that's what this season has been all about.

Offline marine4ark

• Banished to Crapola
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #208 on: February 09, 2012, 12:23:08 PM »
I am delighted with the progress and style demonstrated in the early stages of the MA era at Arkansas.  After a decade of mismanagement and poor leadership -- it will take some time to get the ship righted.  And some talent.  Not to be negative or overly critical, but we have a talent vortex compared to most basketball teams.  I don't think any mix of personnel or strategies will make much of a difference on an off night. 

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #209 on: February 09, 2012, 12:33:22 PM »
As frustrating as the game was to watch...  it's just as frustrating to see the "definitely won't make the tourney now" comments.

I guess I just realize how ridiculous of an expectation that is for this team.

I guess it's my age, but I always expect us to make the tourney.  And I admit I might be overly positive, but if we beat South Carolina, we'll be 17-8.  I don't know how anyone can already chalk up a road loss at Auburn.  What happens if we beat FL and AL at home.  That'd be at least 19, throw in a road win, an SEC tourney win, we're at 21.  That's enough for bubble talk.

Believe it or not, the SEC is better this year.  Wins over UConn, Marquette, and Michigan by teams not named Vandy, KY, or FL.
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline clintcommander

• Take it easy... and if its easy, take it twice!
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #210 on: February 09, 2012, 01:23:44 PM »
And when it happens to a 1 2-7 team who has looked like crap all year.......frick.

FIFY
If we win, I'll light my dick on fire and slam my balls in a door on youtube, with a smile on my face.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #211 on: February 09, 2012, 01:32:17 PM »

It happens.

Sure did.

We got a good old-fashioned country ass-whipping courtesy of the worst team in the conference.

Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #212 on: February 09, 2012, 01:42:33 PM »
Again, didn't make it through the whole thread.  This was stupid enough.

How will I ever sleep at night.

I get we are bad at lots of things, things involving technioque or skills or just plain god-given ability.  Those all take time to cure with a combination of coaching and recruiting.  Those failings don't piss me off this year.

But when there is a frequent problem of dribblers going coast to coast and shooting lay-ups, getting down the court with the ball faster than guys running without the ball, and/or people failing to get out and cover wide open three point shooters, to me that's either a conditioning issue or a hustle issue.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #213 on: February 09, 2012, 02:26:47 PM »
How will I ever sleep at night.

I get we are bad at lots of things, things involving technioque or skills or just plain god-given ability.  Those all take time to cure with a combination of coaching and recruiting.  Those failings don't piss me off this year.

But when there is a frequent problem of dribblers going coast to coast and shooting lay-ups, getting down the court with the ball faster than guys running without the ball, and/or people failing to get out and cover wide open three point shooters, to me that's either a conditioning issue or a hustle issue.

A lot of the first part, get used to. You're going to see that on teams like this... especially on uptempo squads in transition.

The second is a numbers problem. We've got a few kids putting in a lot of minutes on an uptempo club. There's no real solution to that. We were wearing teams down a la the Michigan game. Now we're the team that looks weary in the second half. I honestly think we've just hit a wall in that aspect. It's disappointing, but I think we all knew it would happen at some point.

Be disappointed, but realistic. To hope -- nay, EXPECT -- this team to finish games and give that Pelphrey(wannabe)-style  over-achieving 110% throughout every contest just isn't going to happen. It's basketball, teams have off nights. They get out of the rhythm and lose the flow of the game. Especially on the road. Especially with low numbers. Especially with youth. Especially with raw talents that are still very rough around the edges. That's what we have here... and we've known that since even before Powell went down.

Online Mike Slive

• Boar
« Reply #214 on: February 09, 2012, 06:39:43 PM »
Hogs getting evaluated at the half of lol miss/miss st game. Probably 15 mins from this post.

Edit: they gave us a "fail."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:47:21 PM by Mike Slive »

Online Pig

• Wild Hog
  • BLT's are so darn tasty!
« Reply #215 on: February 09, 2012, 06:58:07 PM »
Is Sanchez done?  We need him. Really.

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #216 on: February 09, 2012, 09:18:38 PM »

According to sunshine today, it was a severe strain. Not a separation. He is out for Saturday, and may be back midweek, but will be a day by day case.

Offline Nick Ahpleeze

• Tush Hog
  • Uniform Traditionalist
« Reply #217 on: February 09, 2012, 10:00:00 PM »

Sanchez needs to go to the film room and watch Willis Reed hobble out on a broke ankle to play in a game.
Hey Jeff, Red & White (no black) Jersey , 2 Red stripes on pants leg. GOT IT ?

Offline shithead

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #218 on: February 10, 2012, 12:43:20 AM »
Sanchez needs to go to the film room and watch Willis Reed hobble out on a broke ankle to play in a game.

Sanchez reminds me of a hobbled Willis Reed every time he attempts to drive to the basket.

That, and a horse who just broke down in the stretch.

Offline BoarlissWilliamson

• Boar
  • Infected with the brain eating amoeba since 2006
« Reply #219 on: February 10, 2012, 08:00:03 AM »
This is hilarious.  Where's the Boarliss from the Miss. St. thread?

I'm glad you found humor in my attempt at a reverse jinx. 

I still think we can win all of our home games.  If we do that, it's a big step forward. 

I've quoted this before, but BanjoJimmy was asked earlier this year, "What does Mike Anderson need to do to get Arkansas basketball to the next level?"  He said, "The first thing they need to do is get to where they win all their games at home.  Next, start winning some games on the road.  Then start winning some games against ranked teams on the road.  Finally, get to where they can win against top ranked teams on the road.  That's how you build a program." 

We can reach the first step this year and that is an improvement.  Razorback basketball is on its way back, but it's not going to be instant gratification.

Online bigghurtt

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #220 on: February 10, 2012, 08:22:15 AM »
That, and a horse who just broke down in the stretch.

Wait, Mike has a horse?

Online JDHog

• Lineman for the County
  • Administrator
  • Boar
« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2012, 09:34:05 AM »
Wait, Mike has a horse?

In his pants.

I drive the main road.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #222 on: February 14, 2012, 01:25:09 PM »
ESPN Bubble Watch rantings:

Arkansas [17-8 (5-5), RPI: 65, SOS: 74] Yes, the Razorbacks are perilously close to falling off the page. Why? There's the so-so RPI and the downright bad nonconference strength-of-schedule numbers, to name two reasons, but more importantly, Arkansas has yet to win a game away from Fayetteville. That trend continued last week, as Arkansas lost two on the road (at LSU, at Georgia) before returning home for a win over South Carolina on Saturday. This team is 0-7 in games away from its building. If the Hogs go to 0-8 at Tennessee on Wednesday, they're off the page. The rest of the indicators (plus-60 RPI, plus-200 nonconference SOS, etc.) simply aren't strong enough to make up for all these road losses.
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.277 seconds with 21 queries.