Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Feel The Rhythm: Mississippi State '16  (Read 7191 times)

Offline TexZilla

• King of the Hogs
Feel The Rhythm: Mississippi State '16
« Reply #175 on: November 25, 2016, 06:44:02 PM »
Holtz used his appearances on Carson and other shows into a lucrative speaking career.  (The Bob Hope story reflects this)

JFB built his recruiting network on him and his coaches being on the road (jimmy johnson spoke at my fifth grade football banquet!) they worked every high school coach in Arkansas and Texas and most of Oklahoma and Louisiana.  Holtz started referring them to his agent and seeking fees like he was talking to the Little Rock Petroleum Club.

The Helms thing was certainly a problem too.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 06:47:21 PM by TexZilla »

Offline Boondoggle

• Tush Hog
  • Oh no!!! We suck again!!!
Re: Feel The Rhythm: Mississippi State '16
« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2016, 02:32:34 PM »
Holtz used his appearances on Carson and other shows into a lucrative speaking career.  (The Bob Hope story reflects this)

JFB built his recruiting network on him and his coaches being on the road (jimmy johnson spoke at my fifth grade football banquet!) they worked every high school coach in Arkansas and Texas and most of Oklahoma and Louisiana.  Holtz started referring them to his agent and seeking fees like he was talking to the Little Rock Petroleum Club.

The Helms thing was certainly a problem too.

Right.

Helms was such a problem for Holtz alienating black players that Holtz had to get hired by Notre Dame to win a National Championship.

And, yeah going to a hundred 5th grade football banquets to recruit the half dozen or so Arkansas Div. 1 college football prospects each year is a waste of time.
Oh no!!!! We suck again!!!

Good Ol' Arkansas Football: a Long, LONG way from relevance.

Offline Boondoggle

• Tush Hog
  • Oh no!!! We suck again!!!
Re: Feel The Rhythm: Mississippi State '16
« Reply #177 on: November 27, 2016, 02:41:58 PM »
So by that logic, shouldn't you leave this board, stop talking about Arkansas Razorback football and go find another team to support? It really sounds like you've given up.
And as for your post script, if life doesn't give you sugar with those lemons, you goddamned sure aren't going to get lemonade. So enjoy your lemon water, I guess?

I'm here to rub your face in your own shit.

And still, you never learn. You stupid SOBs.
Oh no!!!! We suck again!!!

Good Ol' Arkansas Football: a Long, LONG way from relevance.

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 34 queries.