Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The NBA  (Read 197486 times)

Offline aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
Re: The NBA
« Reply #4425 on: August 07, 2014, 01:40:11 PM »
How much longer do I have to hear that Lebron went to Cleveland because it's home? I'm sure that CLE being a better basketball situation had nothing to do with it. I can't wait to watch him mold this team of talented, but inexperienced players, into a championship contender.

Yeah...I was actually looking forward to this "new challenge" he spoke so fondly about. It's hard to fault them for going after Love...afterall this is about winning championships at the end of the day. It just bothers me that the whole precursor for "coming home" was so that Lebron could repair his image with the home folks and be a mentor to these young guys as they learn to win. Really it was always about getting free from Wade (rapidly aging) and perhaps to a lesser extent the entire situation in Miami where James supposedly never felt totally comfortable...his family wasn't given the royal treatment etc.

We all knew this was what was going to happen, but the basketball purist in me was at least intrigued by what LeBron could do with basically a bunch of high draft picks from the past few years. I wanted to see some variation of a young athletic team headed up by James. If he wanted to cement himself in basketball lore the way to have done it is not the way they are doing it now by bringing an established co-star instead of letting things develop more naturally.

The obvious is that the time table for a championship has risen. Love would figure to be perfect in David Blatt's system. They'll easily get six to 8 years of high caliber basketball from him if in fact that's how long they sign him for. I figure Love will sign a shorter term deal (4 years with opt out), get him a ring and then be ready to GTFO to someplace nice like L.A. in a few years.

It's a good gamble because in truth Wiggins doesn't strike me as a killer. He may develop in due time but he's just not the "IT" guy...would have been a great wing man paring with some other stars. We know Bennett isn't all that...he may end up being a Ron Artist/Rick Fox type talent but he's not a high caliber all-star.
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Offline goporkyourself

• Boar
  • i've been out walking
« Reply #4426 on: August 07, 2014, 01:53:13 PM »
still have some young guys there. dion waiters, tristan thompson. kyrie erving has only been in the league a couple years.

Offline TitsOutForTheHogs

• A Shoat
  • Those Things Could Raise the Titanic
« Reply #4427 on: August 07, 2014, 03:23:19 PM »
Wiggins will be fine. If he as good as people think, he will develop at Minnesota into a star, maybe get to the playoffs a couple of times, then get traded in a blockbuster deal to a better team.
Hooters, Hooters yum yum yum
Hooters, Hooters on a blonde that's dumb

TITS OUT FOR THE HOGS!

Offline VegasHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #4428 on: August 12, 2014, 12:33:24 PM »
Clippers officially sold to Steve Ballmer for $2 billion.

Offline gambler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #4429 on: August 12, 2014, 01:18:12 PM »
Clippers officially sold to Steve Ballmer for $2 billion.
Sterling divorce in 3..2..

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #4430 on: August 15, 2014, 04:37:52 PM »

Patrick Beverly has taken to wearing a high-altitude simulation mask during training.

Rockets’ Patrick Beverly looks like Bane when he works out

Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Online Barton Fink

• Tush Hog
  • Bring it!
« Reply #4431 on: August 15, 2014, 08:25:33 PM »
I need one of those t shirts...

Cuz friends don't waste wine when there's words to sell

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • UPGRAYEDD. Two D's for a double dose of pimpin'.
« Reply #4432 on: August 20, 2014, 09:20:34 PM »
The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • Hard tung indeed
« Reply #4433 on: September 02, 2014, 09:25:00 PM »
I need one of those t shirts...

I didn't realize that's how you spell "Millimeter."

Offline VegasHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #4434 on: September 07, 2014, 11:01:26 AM »
Hawks owner selling the team (his decision) due to inappropriate email from 2012.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11481937/atlanta-hawks-owner-bruce-levenson-selling-team

Offline gambler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #4435 on: September 07, 2014, 11:11:17 AM »
Hawks owner selling the team (his decision) due to inappropriate email from 2012.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11481937/atlanta-hawks-owner-bruce-levenson-selling-team
Sounds like someone found this and held it over his head. Why would you just decide you wrote something bad 2 years ago?

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • Hard tung indeed
« Reply #4436 on: September 07, 2014, 04:37:28 PM »
Sounds like someone found this and held it over his head. Why would you just decide you wrote something bad 2 years ago?

Lucky. 

For some people, it unravels in less than 2 weeks.

Offline stucco

• A Shoat
« Reply #4437 on: September 07, 2014, 05:38:02 PM »

What the Starkville!! is inappropriate about emailing observations about why you're not selling tickets simply because you have figured out you need to get more middle aged white people to buy tickets because they're the ones who can afford them and what you're doing in terms of entertainment isn't attractive to that target market - this is absolute BS!!!

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #4438 on: September 07, 2014, 06:01:48 PM »
are you the owner in question?   you'll still be rich.

Offline stucco

• A Shoat
« Reply #4439 on: September 07, 2014, 06:08:03 PM »
are you the owner in question?   you'll still be rich.

I wish - and.......I'd still be the owner

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #4440 on: September 08, 2014, 11:15:29 PM »
More Hawks stuff:

http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/channel-2s-obtains-smoking-gun-controversial-hawks/nhJQw/

Except: It was letter that started an internal investigation that eventually revealed the 2012 email from Leveson and the inappropriate and offense comments regarding African-Americans who attend games at Philips Arena.

Gearon wrote the letter after Ferry, on a conference call with management and ownership, described free agent target Luol Deng “he has a little African in him, not in a bad way, but he's a guy who would have a nice store out front, but sell you counterfeit stuff out of the back.”
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline goporkyourself

• Boar
  • i've been out walking
« Reply #4441 on: September 09, 2014, 07:20:53 AM »

Gearon wrote the letter after Ferry, on a conference call with management and ownership, described free agent target Luol Deng “he has a little African in him, not in a bad way, but he's a guy who would have a nice store out front, but sell you counterfeit stuff out of the back.”

hilarious. that describes Deng perfectly

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #4442 on: September 19, 2014, 09:26:33 PM »
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11554720/rex-chapman-arrested-accused-shoplifting-14000-merchandise-apple-store

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Former NBA guard Rex Chapman has been arrested for allegedly shoplifting $14,000 worth of merchandise from an Apple store in Scottsdale and then selling the items at a pawn shop.

Police took the 46-year-old Chapman into custody Friday afternoon after officers stopped his vehicle in northeast Scottsdale.

They say he's being held on suspicion of nine counts of organized retail theft and five counts of trafficking in stolen property.

Police say Chapman made it appear he was using the store's self-checkout, but left without paying.

He allegedly stole from the store seven times and sold the items for cash.

Chapman, a former Kentucky star, was a first-round draft pick of Charlotte in 1988. He also played for Washington, Miami and Phoenix in a 12-year NBA career that ended in 2000.

Offline BigTrail

• six pack smack
  • Tush Hog
  • Have a big glass.
« Reply #4443 on: September 19, 2014, 11:29:41 PM »
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11554720/rex-chapman-arrested-accused-shoplifting-14000-merchandise-apple-store

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Former NBA guard Rex Chapman has been arrested for allegedly shoplifting $14,000 worth of merchandise from an Apple store in Scottsdale and then selling the items at a pawn shop.

Police took the 46-year-old Chapman into custody Friday afternoon after officers stopped his vehicle in northeast Scottsdale.

They say he's being held on suspicion of nine counts of organized retail theft and five counts of trafficking in stolen property.

Police say Chapman made it appear he was using the store's self-checkout, but left without paying.

He allegedly stole from the store seven times and sold the items for cash.

Chapman, a former Kentucky star, was a first-round draft pick of Charlotte in 1988. He also played for Washington, Miami and Phoenix in a 12-year NBA career that ended in 2000.

Chapman never was very good at stealing, he was more of a shooting guard.
Carry a big stick and leave a big trail.

Offline aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Offline boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #4445 on: October 13, 2014, 01:54:30 PM »
Regular season is right around the corner. Do we want to due a fantasy league again?

Offline goporkyourself

• Boar
  • i've been out walking
« Reply #4446 on: October 13, 2014, 02:01:20 PM »
Regular season is right around the corner. Do we want to due a fantasy league again?

how much of a PITA is NBA fantasy?

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • You're killing your father, Larry.
« Reply #4447 on: October 13, 2014, 02:55:50 PM »
Last year's fantasy league kicked my ass.  I had the best record through the entire season then injury hits me in the playoffs and knocks me off.  Lillard,  Love,  and  Anthony Davis carried  my team for the most part.
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • You're killing your father, Larry.
« Reply #4448 on: October 21, 2014, 04:19:46 PM »
I'm down for another season of NBA fantasy.  I'll set it up tomorrow.
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.304 seconds with 21 queries.