Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Baseball Recruiting Class  (Read 1590 times)

Offline PigHair

• Boar
Re: Baseball Recruiting Class
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 04:37:26 PM »

What's his last name?

Give me time, it will come to me.  :stache:

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 04:42:20 PM »
He was a pretty big get, right?

Not compared to some of the other pitchers we have coming in.  We will take all the LHPs we can get though.
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. fricking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the aMm men fantasize about.

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Sophisticate
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 04:43:08 PM »
Kyle Pate
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 05:42:11 PM »

???

See OP.
guess I should have been more speCific with my question. I was asking if any of the incoming players weRe gonna be good enough hitters to help out our pathetic hitting game..
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline likeupthisramp

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2014, 07:56:18 PM »
SEC level college baseball is not a place for raw kids to develop.  Those guys need to go to the minors or Juco.  College baseball is ruthless.  A kid like Madison will get 25% and if he isn't contributing or is not on track to contribute in a year, his money is pulled.

D'Vone McClure is an example of a kid that was drafted on potential.  I doubt he would have ever helped us at Arkansas.  He has hit around .200 in rookie league.  McClure played some high level Summer ball, something that Madison and the kid from White Hall are not doing.  I can't imagine how raw those kids are.   

You are so correct. Every kid that hits .400 in AA Arkansas HS baseball has a dad that thinks he is SEC ready. Baseball is now like hoops in that what you do in summers is way more important than your HS team. Big-time collegiate baseball is ruthless, and it has to be due to financial restrictions. They just don't have the time or money to get good, but perhaps not draftable HS kids enough work to develop- ergo JUCO is the most common route.

The thing with us keeping all of these signees simply means that they will get money that other kids got last year. Probably last years freshmen.  The
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:01:56 PM by likeupthisramp »

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2014, 09:26:47 PM »
get good, but perhaps not draftable HS kids enough work to develop- ergo JUCO is the most common route.

The thing with us keeping all of these signees simply means that they will get money that other kids got last year. Probably last years freshmen.  The

I'd be willing to bet Serrano and Spoon, two potential starters, are on their own dime.  McKinney and Bonfield were supposedly offered 100% deals. 
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. fricking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the aMm men fantasize about.

Offline likeupthisramp

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2014, 10:01:01 PM »
I'd be willing to bet Serrano and Spoon, two potential starters, are on their own dime.  McKinney and Bonfield were supposedly offered 100% deals.
I'm sure they are. Probably only that freshman CF last year is getting much. Spoon is a good ball player, Ark kid, etc. but your right fielder in the SEC needs to do more than .265 or whatever. Bax was getting good money, not sure now. They give most to pitching and out of state kids. In-state kids use lottery money and hopefully grades or egos of parents....

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2014, 11:34:37 PM »
Bonfield hit 3 HRs today in his first futures league game. 4-4, 3 HRs, and 7 RBIs

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2014, 12:21:13 AM »
Bonfield hit 3 HRs today in his first futures league game. 4-4, 3 HRs, and 7 RBIs
😳
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline BrandonN004

• A Shoat
  • Billy Mays For President?
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2014, 09:30:00 AM »

Butler will drive down and fix that hitting problem for him free of charge

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2014, 09:51:45 AM »

Luke Bonfield (Arkansas), the signee of the Martha's Vineyard Sharks and a Scout Day participant at the All-Star Game festivities, is a run-away winner for the Player of the Week. Bonfield led the league with a .588 batting average. He had 10 hits in 17 at-bats, with 50% of those going for extra-bases, including 3 homeruns (in one night) and 2 doubles. Bonfield drove in 10 runs and scored 5 himself. He also wakled once and only struck out 3 times (16.7% K-rate). Bonfield alsoled the league in OPS, SLG, and Runs Created at 1.846, 1.235, and 12.833, respectively.

pointstreaksites.com/view/futuresleague/futures-collegiate-baseball-league-13

Offline acater

• The Muchacho with the Couponas
  • Boar
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2014, 10:20:41 AM »
Luke Bonfield (Arkansas), the signee of the Martha's Vineyard Sharks and a Scout Day participant at the All-Star Game festivities, is a run-away winner for the Player of the Week. Bonfield led the league with a .588 batting average. He had 10 hits in 17 at-bats, with 50% of those going for extra-bases, including 3 homeruns (in one night) and 2 doubles. Bonfield drove in 10 runs and scored 5 himself. He also wakled once and only struck out 3 times (16.7% K-rate). Bonfield alsoled the league in OPS, SLG, and Runs Created at 1.846, 1.235, and 12.833, respectively.

pointstreaksites.com/view/futuresleague/futures-collegiate-baseball-league-13

That's not frowned upon?
"I hate you Acater!"- Grit

Offline Hawgwild8988

• Boar
  • e pluribus sooie
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2014, 10:40:46 AM »
From @KendallRogersPG: @RazorbackBSB landed its latest commitment from talented Wisconsin C Ben Rortvedt: http://t.co/SYKQNjVjZJ

Offline capnthog

• Poorly qualified to represent the LBC.
  • Boar
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2014, 05:05:59 PM »
Are the hogs looking at Jeremy Sprinkle's lil bro for baseball?  Or is it being conceded that he will be drafted?

Or does Bielema want him?

Eat me.

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2014, 06:39:55 PM »
From @KendallRogersPG: @RazorbackBSB landed its latest commitment from talented Wisconsin C Ben Rortvedt: http://t.co/SYKQNjVjZJ
Also:

@KendallRogersPG: Speaking of #Arkansas from earlier, @RazorbackBSB also landed Texas RHP Kevin Kopps: http://t.co/WyIcU5zG3Z #WPS #Hogs
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2014, 09:15:53 AM »
That's not frowned upon?

Yeah, my mom always told me that would make me go blind. :o

Offline bogey7

• Boar
  • Pick-up Stix Champion
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2014, 04:20:59 PM »
I saw something about Mark Clark from Ft. Smith had chosen to come to Arkansas. After the MLB draft, he was asked to look elsewhere.  Looks like he signed with the Rays, & is headed to Florida.  Anybody know anything about him?
Never waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.255 seconds with 21 queries.