Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: LOL MIZZ  (Read 131364 times)

Offline Splurge

• is crawling on his belly clearing out what could have been
  • King of the Hogs
Re: LOL MIZZ
« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2012, 11:03:14 AM »
http://dare.wisc.edu/

Blame me later.

That (horrendous) website gave me this link:  http://popvssoda.com:2998/.  I chortled.

Offline Hognarok

• Tush Hog
  • Port Tobacco carriage maker
« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2012, 11:05:58 AM »
I would love to read some history behind what makes that map what it is.  For example, why such an huge number of "soda" drinkers in the St Louis and significant surrounding area?  I assume there's a correlation somehow to the Mississippi River.  Also, Wisconsin.  There could almost be a border war there.

aMm like this interests me.

Just pure speculation here, but I'm guessing it has something to do with people from the northeast migrating to these areas for one reason or another.  St. Louis was the gateway to the west so maybe a lot of folks from the northeast settled there.  The phrase is also prevalent in California which is where the people going through St. Louis were headed or ended up.  Also, South Florida is a favorite relocation spot for New Englanders so it would explain why they say soda down there unlike the rest of the state.  As far as Wisconsin goes, the only guess I have is that it is on the Great Lakes so maybe it is a popular port for folks from the northeast to travel to or move to for whatever reason.

Again, this is all just half-assed speculation especially the Milwaukee stuff.  And yes I would like to second the "aMm like this interests me" statement.

Offline TomTHog

• Boar
  • Woopig Poker Open Champion of the World!
« Reply #152 on: February 21, 2012, 11:08:22 AM »
That (horrendous) website gave me this link:  http://popvssoda.com:2998/.  I chortled.

Well you asked for the history behind the map.   I gave it to you.   Stick that in your Coke and drink it.

A full online version of DARE is due out next year.   If you like this kind of aMm, we'll never see you on the woopigz again.
baseball is dull only to dull minds.

Offline tbaker///

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #153 on: February 21, 2012, 11:12:09 AM »

I was curious why North Carolina was green in some areas, what was the "other" term used?

Apparently, NC just calls it "drink" or "soft drink"::)

NM goes with the "soda pop" combo (as does Lake of the Woods, Minn., apparently.)

In Lavaca County, Texas, I assume they don't drink coke, they drink Shiner.

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #154 on: February 21, 2012, 11:17:19 AM »
Over in NE Ark. the term "sody" or "sody pop" is used frequently among the trailer park/redneck population. All the more reason I am glad to be FROM there. ::)

Offline Pork Soda

• ...Tapenade
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2012, 11:30:24 AM »
Over in NE Ark. the term "sody" or "sody pop" is used frequently among the trailer park/redneck population. All the more reason I am glad to be FROM there. ::)

I used to hear real old farts say 'sody water' once in a blue moon, but everyone under the age of 800 used coke.  Some people would go to the store and get a case of cokes, as per my Grandmother, and never actually drink Coca-Cola.

Offline LaMoHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #156 on: February 21, 2012, 01:17:33 PM »

Livin over here in NEA I hear sody pop a lot from the folks who've grown up here and never moved. I also hear "Sant Louis", "PocaHUNTas" and "Cape Giwadah" (I think of Danny Nutt every time I hear it).

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2012, 01:31:56 PM »
More evidence that Mizzou is a poor fit, culturally, in the SEC. Now, pass me a coke.

https://tastyresearch.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/popvssodamap.png

We should have added Perdue
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • UPGRAYEDD. Two D's for a double dose of pimpin'.
« Reply #158 on: February 21, 2012, 01:54:40 PM »
Why? We already have Tyson.
The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
« Reply #159 on: February 21, 2012, 03:02:00 PM »
North of 44?  I've heard PLENTY of patients from the bootheel and SW MO use "Missour-ah."  As best I can tell, it's a rural/urban thing.  Folks from STL, KC, and to a lesser extent Columbia & Springfield use "Missour-ee."  Everybody else does it the other way.  aMm, I've even heard folks from southern IL use it.
I hear they have good pepperonah pizza in Mississipah.

Offline Splurge

• is crawling on his belly clearing out what could have been
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #160 on: February 21, 2012, 04:30:15 PM »

Offline abypfcs

• King of the Hogs
  • Both my favorite teams are underdogs.
    • YPFCS
« Reply #161 on: February 21, 2012, 04:51:15 PM »
I bet they ain't got no Leo. *:
Wrong.  How about this guy.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #162 on: February 21, 2012, 06:28:58 PM »
I used to hear real old farts say 'sody water' once in a blue moon, but everyone under the age of 800 used coke.  Some people would go to the store and get a case of cokes, as per my Grandmother, and never actually drink Coca-Cola.

I've heard sody water from some of my dad's people. And, 'belly washer (pronounced: belly warsher)' from some of them as well.

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
« Reply #163 on: February 21, 2012, 06:50:26 PM »
I've heard sody water from some of my dad's people. And, 'belly washer (pronounced: belly warsher)' from some of them as well.
I don't know that you can peg a place to the added 'r' as in warsh and squarsh.  It seems like it's all over the country.

Offline Mtn Oyster

• A Shoat
« Reply #164 on: February 21, 2012, 07:30:46 PM »

Belly washer is what the old folks that I knew called the first 16oz when RC came out with it.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • Boar
« Reply #165 on: February 21, 2012, 07:43:08 PM »
 *:

my dad grew up in el dorado back in the 40's/50's and he calls it sody pop.  i grew up in saline county and its always been coke to me.

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• With a name like Hackfuck, it has to be Good
  • King of the Hogs
  • Can I have YOUR vote? And a hot dog?
« Reply #166 on: February 21, 2012, 07:44:48 PM »
*:
my dad grew up in el dorado back in the 40's/50's and he calls it sody pop.  i grew up in saline county and its always been coke to me.

I really hope you're not the person I think you are.

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• Ask me about my givafuck. I promise you've never seen one more broken.
  • King of the Hogs
  • All the fricks that were once given have been lost.
« Reply #167 on: February 21, 2012, 09:05:10 PM »

I left that one hanging out there for so long I had forgotten about it....the BOOOM motherfricker!!!   Out of the gotdammed park bitches!!!

Very nice.
Regular guy.

That's me.

Online Hogwildpigcrazy

• Tush Hog
« Reply #168 on: February 22, 2012, 12:40:18 AM »
It's a fricking Coke.

When I was a little fart, I'd go to Central lanes in Hot Springs with my dad on the Tuesday night Sundowners League and order a Orange Coke. No question was asked. I got a Fanta Orange. Sometimes I ordered a Grape Coke and got a Nugrape. Errbody that doesn't unnerstand this can go frick themselves.

Our founding fathers would have been shooting by now.

Offline Passed

• What the fuck you lookin' at?
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2012, 05:36:57 AM »

Leo doesn't drive hisself, and therefor he doesn't get DWIs.  But this guy does.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 06:02:13 AM by Passed »

Offline radioman

• Boar
« Reply #170 on: February 22, 2012, 05:59:39 AM »

Yes, this confirms a map that appears in the book, The Nine Nations of North America.  It shows southern Indiana as belonging to the South.

Offline Pork Soda

• ...Tapenade
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #171 on: February 22, 2012, 06:33:10 AM »
I don't know that you can peg a place to the added 'r' as in warsh and squarsh.  It seems like it's all over the country.

My lived-in-Florida-for-40-years-but-still-sounds-like-he-lives-in-Brooklyn FIL says warsh.  Woahter is the one that makes me want to scream, though.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2012, 10:50:54 AM »
There's a twitter feed for "Gary Drinkel" now.

Offline Hogye West

• Tits
  • Tush Hog
  • He's Kent Dorfman! He's a legacy from Harrisburg
« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2012, 11:17:47 AM »
There's a twitter feed for "Gary Drinkel" now.

He just made a mistake man. That would have never happened in Fayetteville or Tuscaloosa. He's a fine christian man.
Who the frick are you and why are you worthy of my praise?

Blow it out your ass Howard.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #174 on: February 22, 2012, 12:36:19 PM »
He The cops just made a mistake man. That would have never happened in Fayetteville or Tuscaloosa. He's a fine christian man.

Fixt.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 20 queries.