Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: GSD v2012.2.8 Build 70824  (Read 17724 times)

Offline Nick Ahpleeze

• Tush Hog
  • Uniform Traditionalist
Re: GSD v2012.2.8 Build 70824
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2012, 10:14:13 PM »
First, I am for playing all home games at RRS plus finding a replacement for the Southwest Classic at Jerry World. And I grew up going to games at WMS.

WMS was originally built 1) to honor Arkansas' war veterans and 2) to maximize accessibility to Razorback games to fans. WMS is and always has been a state-owned facility and thus is the responsibility of the state, although due to the revenue from Razorback games the state has had to provide little if any funds to the stadium.

While Staggs and the Commission have for the most part done a good job maintaining WMS for the purposes of #1 above, they need to start understanding the need for #2 disappeared years ago and the only reason games are still being played there is because Broyles flubbed the initial attempt at moving games and the sentimentality of many (like myself) who remember becoming Razorbacks fans there.

But at this point, every true Razorback fan realizes that the team needs to play in the venue that gives them the best chance of winning and that is RRS. Anyone who supports games at WMS at this point is no better than the people who put Hootie over the program.

Staggs and the Commission need to get their ass in gear, accept facts, and start exploring ways to replace the lost revenue when all games are moved to RRS. I don't know why we couldn't get one of the lower-tier bowl games. I watched several played in worse places than WMS. Have ASU and UCA play there every year. Do something. But quit thinking the Razorbacks are going to keep playing there forever.

2nd'd ... It made sense to play games (the better games to boot) @ WMS back when Razorback stadium only held 41,000 but once RRS upgraded it makes none. I have attended just about every game @ WMS since '67 @ have lots of great memories but I now find it excrutiating to sit through 4 quarters in that cramped piece of s... BUT I do,unlike a large portion of the "Great Fans of central Ark" that can't wait to go back out to the parking lot after 1/2 time. Look, once they bowl RRS's north endzone it is over for LR. Learn it know it live it.
Hey Jeff, Red & White (no black) Jersey , 2 Red stripes on pants leg. GOT IT ?

Online bakervscarrr

• puts honey on his pizza
  • Administrator
  • Boar
« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2012, 10:54:31 PM »
Man, I love a good GSD.  Nothing like it.  There are so many arguments going on at once.

Stadium "niceness"?  Really?  For the vast majority of people, it's an aluminum bench.  Concourse width?  If you're bitching about concourse width, that tells me that you're willing to risk missing a play because you need to wee-wee or your bitch of a wife won't get her own coke, and you're too much of a puthy to stand up for yourself.  I'm not a world traveler, but I've been to games in Oxford, Starkville, Tuscaloosa, Nashville, and Lexington lately, in addition to the Cotton Bowl (on Fair Park), Liberty Bowl, Georgia Dome and Superdome.  Nuts and bolts, there is NOTHING about any of the outdoor stadiums to separate one functionally from the rest.  If anything, Vaught-Hemingway, Davis Wade, the Liberty Bowl, and the Cotton Bowl seemed to be MORE rickety.  War Memorial gives me a place to put my ass.  Barely.  It's cramped.  That's the only truly fair bitch folks can have against it.  Otherwise, it offers me the same exact opportunity Razorback Stadium does. 

So that argument gets appropriately dismissed and the next one is that the financials are too overwhelming.  They are.  That's why games are moving.  That's why games should move.  But it's not without risk, and pulling completely out of Little Rock, in my opinion, greatly increases that risk.

I was discussing this yesterday with a fellow woopigger, and he wondered aloud how many games in War Memorial Stadium did Byran Jones get to watch.  He's from Junction City, a long assed ways from Fayetteville.  I don't have any idea, but the point was that there is a pretty good chance the answer is zero, and we got him anyway, just like we get most of the kids from Warren and Camden and Texarkana, most of whom probably have never been to a game at War Memorial.  Their personal experience isn't as important, however, as the collective experience of those around them.  Of their communities.  Yes, population is shifting north and west, but Warren is still shitting out Division I wide receivers, and we seem to like wide receivers.  I want those kids to see a lot of Razorback shirts when they are walking around Wal-Mart.  Pulling games out of Little Rock will reduce the number they see. 

Maybe not enough to offset the benefits of moving the games, but we really don't know.  Not for sure.  And we won't for 20 or 30 years.  When a generation of kids, who don't have a game at War Memorial as the beginning of their Razorback fandom burned into their memory, grows up and we're still pulling anyone we want out of south Arkansas and we're still putting 85k people in Razorback Stadium, then you can say it was stupid to not do it sooner.  Until then I think you have to admit that we're taking a risk.

I think a yearly game with ASU is the perfect solution, but it doesn't really matter to me.  I support moving the LSU game, and I think that WMS should get one game annually. Make it a conference game every other year.  I think most reasonable people would be fine with that, outside of those who insist on bitching about the "tailgating" in Fayetteville and those who insist on bitching about the "dump" in Little Rock.  Those people will never get that Hog games are what you make them, just like everything else.

Online bakervscarrr

• puts honey on his pizza
  • Administrator
  • Boar
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2012, 11:08:59 PM »
I haven't been to LR since 2006, unless you count driving through once to go duck hunting.  I've been to DFW about a dozen times in that same time-frame.  I'd bet your average NWA resident goes to Dallas more often than LR, unless they are chasing kids around with high school sports that take them to Central Arkansas.

There have been ten Razorback games played in Little Rock during that time.  Couldn't make any of them?

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2012, 11:24:46 PM »
How do we close that $30 million gap? Easy to say we need to do it...much more difficult coming up with answers.

Moving a game or 2 to Fayetteville will possibly only create the same $$$ that we have now. Donations/Answer the Call monies from the LR only crowd (20-30K per others estimate in this thread) will by and large go away. Folks that don't already have season RRS tickets won't all of a sudden ante up for a seat license + the cost for tickets to 7-8 games. No way.

I also believe you could lose some Fayetteville season ticket sales (as I posted earlier) due to the fact that a family of 4 would have an extra $500 they'd have to spend for season tickets for 2 crappy games. Throw in the logic that Long would also need to recoup the seperate Answer the Call monies that wouldn't be coming in from LR anymore by possibly upping the ante once again for RRS seat priviledges and you could have a sticky situation.

Or, as I stated earlier, I could be way off base and there is a huge demand for more season tickets in Fayetteville than I think.

Answer the call already made a decent dent.  While we may not have 100,000 seats, we will have more suite and club seating than anyone and 80K with that many club and suite seat gets more revenue than 100K does. 

We have to get more contributions, and over time we will. That's a phase in.  We get more out of basketball and baseball than almost every other team does, so we have that working for us.

In addition, our facilities exceed our budget because of some big donations.  Our budget isn't much above Missouri's (the difference is just SEC TV revenue) but our facilities are far, far better.  Why? Because of big donors.

If we are going to resign ourselves to be an Ole Miss or Miss St and not try to compete with the big dogs in facilities and on the field, I'm not going to bother worrying about the Hogs.  I can be frustrated right here next to Jerryworld and not drive 5 hours every other weekend in the fall.

I used to think just like you do, but most of my friends in LR go to the Fayetteville games anyway and kind of assume the games being moved is an inevitability.  A lot of people I know how flipped form the keep the games in LR crowd to the other side, just as I have.  A few people I know would prefer to keep them in LR, but won't stop donating or buying tiekets to RRS games because of it.  I sit next to LR people in LR who go to Fayetteville games, and in Fayetteville I sit next to people from Paragould who make every game in either location.  I think most people are that way, and I'm a lot more optimistic about our future than you are.  As long as Petrino is here, I think people are afraid not to get season tickets and get on the bus.  Look at Answer the Call, all of the doom and gloom we heard not only ended with a substantial increase in total donations, but also a substantial increase in number of donors.

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2012, 11:27:33 PM »
There have been ten Razorback games played in Little Rock during that time.  Couldn't make any of them?
Brings up the question of how many Fayetteville area residents actually go to the LR games? I question because I have no idea. Guys on the woopigs that live in NWA...do any of y'all go to LR games? If not, why not?
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2012, 11:28:10 PM »
Great off season thread topic. It reminds me of piranhas. Most of the year in the habitat of these little meat eaters, it is perfectly safe to swim or wade the water amongst them. But during the dry season, when the waterholes dry up into small pools, they turn on each other as food is scarce. And they will devour any poor creature that ventures in.

Woe be the MIZZOU or aTm troll who dares to wade the Woopig in the offseason.

Carry on. And keep at least one game in LR.

Simile/metaphor score:

Wally Hall 0
hogwildpigcrazy 1

Nice analogy.

My final answer: Do whatever the frick Bobby wants.  As long as it comes from him, I don't care what anyone else thinks.

Online hogfan58

• Bret Bielema, cheese curds and frozen custard...you betcha!!
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #156 on: February 10, 2012, 06:19:58 AM »
I've been saying this for years...the "easy" solution is 2 games: the annual non-conference directional LA school and alternate the Miss. schools. Move LSU to RRS and be done with it.
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #157 on: February 10, 2012, 09:06:41 AM »
Then why do we worry so much about what might happen if we take games away from LR? That's MY point.  Do you think Arkansas fans will stop being Arkansas fans and just quit following college football COMPLETELY? For your theory to hold water (Arkansas will lose fans if we take the games away from LR), you have to assume that those former fans will become fans of someone else, or just stop being fans of ANYONE.  So, who do you see as a threat to steal away Razorback fans? Or is it that you think they'll just stop supporting anyone?

You mean these putheys who think SO VERY LITTLE of the UofA that they actually think that by playing a Sun Belt team we'll start losing fans/recruits...to a Sun Belt team?

False.

Actually, I have about 120 D1 programs that are operating just fine without this "uniqueness." LR apologists have ONLY hyperbole.  THAT'S IT.  You mentioned Nebraska. How many games does Nebraska play in the center of their state? None, you say? Their in a corner of their state, you say? How, on earth, have they managed to survive!!?!?

Did Alabama or Ole Miss lose any of their prestige or traditions by moving away from neutral site home games? I'm simply wanting a legitimate argument for why these other programs are so much different than Arkansas.  How these other programs have continued to have support or, in the case of Bama, success despite making such moves.  Explain to me how Nebraska can have one of the most storied programs in college football, the support of their entire state, but Arkansas cannot.  Explain that to me.  Explain to me why NE or AL or MS football fans haven more confidence in the worth of their programs than you guys seem to have in ours.

Lost me here.  What's a pipe dream? That they'd expand WMS? That they'd have to lean on taxpayers to accomplish such a feat? I don't remember how past WMS renovations have been funded.  Enlighten me.

You mean the season tickets? Well, since I'm Jeff Long, let me tell you how we'll tackle it... :sarcasm:
Ty is concerned about his pocket book and his convenience.  "I live 10 minutes from WMS." Well holy aMm. I'm really surprised that he's raising those questions.  If you can't afford season tickets, don't buy them.  I don't have season tickets.  But from what I remember, they had a long open session for people to order them/make their donations. Once that deadline passed, they opened up those tickets to single-game sales.  I would imagine that would be the strategy going forward, too.  I'm not saying there won't be challenges in regards to changing the "answer the call" type stuff.  But that's a secondary issue.  You first have to make the decision to move the games because it's what's best for the program.   You can't run the athletic department and still think, "but what about that guy down in North Little Rock who won't be able to afford a Fayetteville season ticket package."  Obviously they feel pretty confident about our demand for tickets since they're expanding...

What do you, as a LR apologist, propose as a compromise?  Take away a game and call it a day? Leave the stadium as it is?  Or keep 2 games and add significant seating? 

So you're saying that LR is very important in terms of keeping our tradition of playing in LR.  Well, yeah. Agreed.  The rest of our traditions and their ability to continue?  There's nothing that PROVES we couldn't be just as successful without LR.  It's nothing but hyperbole and posturing.  My position is at least backed up by a couple of examples, cost savings, and official recruiting visit benefits.

Who would become our "pro" team, otherwise?

Agreed.  I just think you're EVENTUALLY going to have EVERY game on campus.  So why not pull off the bandaid now, at the height of our program post-1964, and make it easier for fans to get over their hurt feelings because we're so good.

HOLY aMm.

You're either that dumb, or you just literally have not read what me and Ty have said AT ALL. There's no point in repeatedly telling you the same thing over and over. I'm not insane, you're just dumb.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #158 on: February 10, 2012, 09:21:39 AM »
I was discussing this yesterday with a fellow woopigger, and he wondered aloud how many games in War Memorial Stadium did Byran Jones get to watch.  He's from Junction City, a long assed ways from Fayetteville.  I don't have any idea, but the point was that there is a pretty good chance the answer is zero, and we got him anyway, just like we get most of the kids from Warren and Camden and Texarkana, most of whom probably have never been to a game at War Memorial.  Their personal experience isn't as important, however, as the collective experience of those around them.  Of their communities.  Yes, population is shifting north and west, but Warren is still shitting out Division I wide receivers, and we seem to like wide receivers.  I want those kids to see a lot of Razorback shirts when they are walking around Wal-Mart.  Pulling games out of Little Rock will reduce the number they see. 

Maybe not enough to offset the benefits of moving the games, but we really don't know.  Not for sure.  And we won't for 20 or 30 years.  When a generation of kids, who don't have a game at War Memorial as the beginning of their Razorback fandom burned into their memory, grows up and we're still pulling anyone we want out of south Arkansas and we're still putting 85k people in Razorback Stadium, then you can say it was stupid to not do it sooner.  Until then I think you have to admit that we're taking a risk.

I think a yearly game with ASU is the perfect solution, but it doesn't really matter to me.  I support moving the LSU game, and I think that WMS should get one game annually. Make it a conference game every other year.  I think most reasonable people would be fine with that, outside of those who insist on bitching about the "tailgating" in Fayetteville and those who insist on bitching about the "dump" in Little Rock.  Those people will never get that Hog games are what you make them, just like everything else.

Exactly the point I've been trying to make.

Someone else was really close with their MLB and boxing comparisons too.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #159 on: February 10, 2012, 09:33:18 AM »
I don't get the "play one game vs ASU in LR" thing.

What in the world does UA have to gain from that?

We already sell out WMS for cupcakes anyway, or if there are 1000 empty seats because UA didn't advertise the turnbacks that's nobody's fault.  ASU would not be content with just playing there and getting their 3000 ticket allotment and the same deal we give ULM, they would want more.

Lose that game and how bad does it look for fans in the Eastern half of the state and especially NEA?  Sure it might only happen once every 20-30 years that they could win that game, but that's enough for ASU fans to never shut up about it.  The "almost win" in the NIT vs Nolan's first team is still something they talk about constantly, as is their WNIT win (seriously, WNIT).

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #160 on: February 10, 2012, 09:36:27 AM »
I don't get the "play one game vs ASU in LR" thing.

What in the world does UA have to gain from that?

We already sell out WMS for cupcakes anyway, or if there are 1000 empty seats because UA didn't advertise the turnbacks that's nobody's fault.  ASU would not be content with just playing there and getting their 3000 ticket allotment and the same deal we give ULM, they would want more.

Lose that game and how bad does it look for fans in the Eastern half of the state and especially NEA?  Sure it might only happen once every 20-30 years that they could win that game, but that's enough for ASU fans to never shut up about it.  The "almost win" in the NIT vs Nolan's first team is still something they talk about constantly, as is their WNIT win (seriously, WNIT).

I don't disagree with any of that.
I originally brought it up as a killing two birds with one stone type thing...
In other words, I just pulled that out of my ass knowing a few people would go apeshit over it.

Offline Biff Malibu

• Resident Asshole
  • Boar
  • In...the...FACE!
« Reply #161 on: February 10, 2012, 09:37:08 AM »
Brings up the question of how many Fayetteville area residents actually go to the LR games? I question because I have no idea. Guys on the woopigs that live in NWA...do any of y'all go to LR games? If not, why not?

I go to one, usually the first one, but I buy tickets to both LR games (4) and just sell them if I don't go.  Because of where Petrino has us now, I never have a problem getting my money back on tickets.  When we play LSU on the day after Thanksgiving I never go (except for Casey Dick's 3-17 game and Miracle on Markham 1, bc I lived in LR then).

I was discussing this yesterday with a fellow woopigger, and he wondered aloud how many games in War Memorial Stadium did Byran Jones get to watch. 

None that the UofA payed for since we can't host recruits on official visits there.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2012, 09:39:12 AM »
None that the UofA payed for since we can't host recruits on official visits there.

Right, but that's avoiding his point completely. We all know about the recruiting aspects. No one disagrees there.
It's the same deal when we play in Dallas.

Offline sainthog

• A Shoat
  • 77/88

Offline Ty Webb

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2012, 09:56:37 AM »
I go to one, usually the first one, but I buy tickets to both LR games (4) and just sell them if I don't go.  Because of where Petrino has us now, I never have a problem getting my money back on tickets.  When we play LSU on the day after Thanksgiving I never go (except for Casey Dick's 3-17 game and Miracle on Markham 1, bc I lived in LR then).

The folks that buy tickets to both places won't be effected at all (except for a couple more trips). It's the folks the only buy season tickets to 1 place that will be effected. Long will see the LR only crowds money dry up and it's obvious to me the folks that have only RRS season tickets don't want to fork out money for 2 more games or they already would (possibly like the example WMR gave of never attending a LR game in the last 5 years). Would you lose some season ticket holders in Fayetteville by moving all the games there due to extra cost of season tickets ($500 for a family of 4 plus possible more ATC money...potentially and extra $1000 total out of pocket for these type ticket holders)? I think the answer is yes.

Offline Biff Malibu

• Resident Asshole
  • Boar
  • In...the...FACE!
« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2012, 10:08:29 AM »
Would you lose some season ticket holders in Fayetteville by moving all the games there due to extra cost of season tickets ($500 for a family of 4 plus possible more ATC money...potentially and extra $1000 total out of pocket for these type ticket holders)? I think the answer is yes.

I respectfully disagree, I believe there are a lot of RRS ticket holders who would buy more tickets if they could along with transplants to NWA that are not ticket holders yet.  If 10-15k tickets came open because we moved all the games to RRS, I think they get gobbled up in a hurry.

Right, but that's avoiding his point completely. We all know about the recruiting aspects. No one disagrees there.
It's the same deal when we play in Dallas.

I don't think it's avoiding it completely.  I doubt he and his family were attending multiple games on their own dime, and if they were the biggest cost is going to be the tickets, not the extra tank of gas to get from LR to Fayetteville.

The Dallas game is a different animal than LR because of the prestige and exposure, not only nationally on TV but in Texas and the DFW area.  As well as the financial aspect of it.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #166 on: February 10, 2012, 10:13:42 AM »
I don't think it's avoiding it completely.  I doubt he and his family were attending multiple games on their own dime, and if they were the biggest cost is going to be the tickets, not the extra tank of gas to get from LR to Fayetteville.

With all due respect, yes. That's missing the point completely. Go read his entire post again. It's not about him going to games on a personal level.

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • UPGRAYEDD. Two D's for a double dose of pimpin'.
« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2012, 10:14:15 AM »
Years ago, we weren't on TV that often. Seeing the Hogs play more than twice meant heading to the stadium if you lived in Eudora, Magnolia, Corning, etc. Today's television contracts, Internet coverage, etc, the Razorback brand is much more accessible. We don't have to play in Little Rock for the Drunk Guy in DeWitt to see us. He can puke on his couch watching us in HD.

Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

Offline onetimer

• A Shoat
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2012, 10:29:11 AM »
Years ago, we weren't on TV that often. Seeing the Hogs play more than twice meant heading to the stadium if you lived in Eudora, Magnolia, Corning, etc. Today's television contracts, Internet coverage, etc, the Razorback brand is much more accessible. We don't have to play in Little Rock for the Drunk Guy in DeWitt to see us. He can puke on his couch watching us in HD.

Gotta drive 7 miles to Missouri if you want to get drunk and watch the Razorbacks if you live here.

Offline Ty Webb

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #169 on: February 10, 2012, 10:35:47 AM »
I respectfully disagree, I believe there are a lot of RRS ticket holders who would buy more tickets if they could along with transplants to NWA that are not ticket holders yet.  If 10-15k tickets came open because we moved all the games to RRS, I think they get gobbled up in a hurry.

How are 10-15k tickets gonna 'come open'? RRS is still gonna seat what it does right now if games are moved starting in 2013, say. Why do you think those tickets would get gobbled up when we don't sell out season tickets as it is? Maybe we will this year with Bama and LSU both at RRS and our top 10 ranking but that'd be a first.

There's never been a game at RRS where I couldn't walk up and buy a ticket outside the stadium. Texas, USC, any Bama game (save 2010, I wasn't at that one), any Dead Trees game....tickets are readily available now for RRS games. I don't understand why all of sudden season tickets would be snatched up is 1-2 more crap games were added to the RRS slate.

Personally, if all games are moved, I'll still go to 1-2 games per year at RRS. I've been going to games since I can't even remember. I've seen pics of me at the '70 Sugar Bowl with my folks when I was 1.5 years old. My first game I remember in LR was '74 USC...my first Fayetteville game was Texas '77. I've been to the Cotton Bowl 5 times (including this year) and Sugar Bowl 3 times (including last year), so I'll still go to most all the big games but financially, there's no way I could get season tickets. That's why I had to give up mine at RRS in 2008. A 4 year old and a 3 month old will force these changes. I'm not mad about it, it's just what I had to do. It's life.

I'm not totally against moving all of them to RRS (despite living 10 min from WMS)...what I'm trying to say is that IF ALL are moved there will be repercussions among fans that some here aren't thinking of in their cries to move them all. Maybe I'm crying wolf about nothing, I don't know. I still think if it was an easy solution Long would've already stated his case, made his call and moved on to something else.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:03:52 AM by Ty Webb »

Online wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • Boar
  • I forgive you, Clint Stoerner.
« Reply #170 on: February 10, 2012, 10:37:30 AM »

The last time I was in LR for anything was for the 2006 LSU game.  I don't go to LR games anymore.  As for why, various reasons.  I have no family connections down there like I used to.  The last time I went I noted how cramped the legroom was and how over the top the tailgating was and that apart from the actual game itself, I didn't really enjoy going to games there anymore. Its just a different scene, a different crowd and a different feeling.

That next year, I upgraded my seats in RRS in a major way, too.
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline likeupthisramp

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net
« Reply #171 on: February 10, 2012, 10:39:03 AM »
I am from Central Ark, but have lived in NWA for 14 yrs and still buy 4 tickets to LR games.  I have been thinking of giving up LR tickets for a few years since I am the only one in the family that goes anymore due to oldest having high school stuff going on Saturdays.  I can generally (but not always for the non-conf games) sell the extra tickets, but, it is losing the donation part that hurts more.

Even for Fayetteville games it is getting tougher to justify the expense of the tickets and donations.  Our "all-in" cost per game probably approaches $300/seat - in all honesty, while my wife likes going, she probably does not get $300 worth of entertainment  from Missouri State type games.  For us at least, it is more difficult to consider the cost to be a reasonable expenditure for family entertainment for Fayetteville games, much less LR games.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #172 on: February 10, 2012, 10:56:39 AM »

HOLY aMm.

You're either that dumb, or you just literally have not read what me and Ty have said AT ALL. There's no point in repeatedly telling you the same thing over and over. I'm not insane, you're just dumb.

For being so dumb, I at least make an effort to see your points. I try to respond. I try to fricking understand.  I get that you guys feel, in your opinion (because it most certainly isn't a fricking fact), our fandom would eventually start to evaporate.  I understand why you think that.  Hint: you're putheys who don't really see the UofA as being all that special. But hey, if you'd rather call me dumb than at least try to address my points, more power to you.  It is the internet, after all.  Trolling is how it's done, no doubt.

Seriously. I've asked 2 very simple fricking questions in this thread that no one has attempted to answer.

1) For Arkansas to LOSE fans/potential fans, someone else will have to gain them or those fans will just stop being fans of anyone.  So which do you think it is?  Do you think we lose fans to some other school? If so, who?  Or do you think these people will just not care about college football at all?

2) If we're all cool with keeping 1 game in LR, which seems to be the consensus, what are the conditions of said game? Are we going to say, "Hey LR, you can have 1 crappy non-con game every year for the rest of eternity.  You don't even have to add luxury suites, chair back seating, or additional seats period!"  Or will we insist upon improvements? 

Offline Ty Webb

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #173 on: February 10, 2012, 11:10:55 AM »
I am from Central Ark, but have lived in NWA for 14 yrs and still buy 4 tickets to LR games.  I have been thinking of giving up LR tickets for a few years since I am the only one in the family that goes anymore due to oldest having high school stuff going on Saturdays.  I can generally (but not always for the non-conf games) sell the extra tickets, but, it is losing the donation part that hurts more.

Even for Fayetteville games it is getting tougher to justify the expense of the tickets and donations.  Our "all-in" cost per game probably approaches $300/seat - in all honesty, while my wife likes going, she probably does not get $300 worth of entertainment  from Missouri State type games.  For us at least, it is more difficult to consider the cost to be a reasonable expenditure for family entertainment for Fayetteville games, much less LR games.
THIS kinda talk is what I'm trying to refer to (maybe not doing a very good job). Every fan has their point where they must stop either giving or going or both.

Offline Sweet River Baines

• Tush Hog
« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2012, 11:13:43 AM »

1) For Arkansas to LOSE fans/potential fans, someone else will have to gain them or those fans will just stop being fans of anyone.  So which do you think it is?  Do you think we lose fans to some other school? If so, who?  Or do you think these people will just not care about college football at all?

You can be a fan of a team, but not buy tickets, donate any money or go to the games, correct?
"The racing fans in Hot Springs are the best in the world. I love that." Trainer Ken McPeek

"You just gotta keep living man, l-i-v-i-n"- Wooderson

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.638 seconds with 20 queries.