Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Villanova @ Arkansas  (Read 4050 times)

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
Villanova @ Arkansas
« on: February 10, 2012, 12:26:43 PM »
Believe it or not the baseball season is just 7 days away. The Hogs will scrimmage 3 times this weekend: today at 2:30 and tomorrow and Sunday at noon. Of course after the mildest winter in the history of our planet, the weather sucks so I doubt I will go sit in the cold to watch practice (PRACTICE?!).

DVH met with the media today and here's some comments I copied from twitter:

from Twitter:

Van Horn on ace DJ Baxendale: "Do we expect him to win 10 games? We hope he can. We hope he can win more.”

Dave Van Horn said sophomore Jake Wise will likely get the nod at catcher over freshman John Clay Reeves in the opener.

Baxendale, Bigham and Reynolds are this seasons baseball captains

Guys selected Bigham as captain. He was disappointed at not being drafted but is very vocal in clubhouse leading and teaching

Van Horn on pitching options: "I count them all the time and I know we have more than 10 that I have confidence in." No more than 6 in past.

Matt Vinson (back) and Matt Reynolds (hip pointer) should be ready to play in Arkansas' season opener against Villanova next Friday.

Arkansas will start RHP DJ Baxendale on Friday and RHP Ryne Stanek on Saturday. LHP Randall Fant and RHP Brandon Moore are possible Sunday.

Gunn made big improvement in the fall. He's throwing in the 90's

OF Jacob Morris in center Vincent in left or right...not sure about other spot but Bates will play OF / DH

Online JDHog

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
  • Loves Bac~Os
Re: Villanova @ Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 12:31:30 PM »
Seems like Bigham has been here 8 years. 

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 12:33:33 PM »
Villanova was 20-32 last season, 7-20 in the Big East (11th of...I don't know how many teams are in the Big East).

It looks like they have a veteran club, with 6 returning starters in the field, all of which are juniors or seniors.

This is their field (no, really):

Online JDHog

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
  • Loves Bac~Os
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 12:37:43 PM »
Villanova was 20-32 last season, 7-20 in the Big East (11th of...I don't know how many teams are in the Big East).

It looks like they have a veteran club, with 6 returning starters in the field, all of which are juniors or seniors.

Bless their hearts. 

Offline ups_hog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 01:40:36 PM »
 :borat:  I'm ready to continue my love/hate relationship with Razorvision. 

I was reading the Baseball America preview today and thought it was interesting that they have Sanburn rated ahead of Bax as a draft prospect.  Thoughts? 

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 02:22:39 PM »
I was reading the Baseball America preview today and thought it was interesting that they have Sanburn rated ahead of Bax as a draft prospect.  Thoughts?

What a difference a few MPH on your fastball makes.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 03:28:43 PM »

Offline HogTat

• It's in my nature
  • Boar
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 04:44:07 PM »
If you missed it, I posted the TV schedule here:

http://woopig.net/board/index.php?topic=77843.0
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 05:52:25 PM »

\

Wow.  That wouldn't pass for a little league field around here.

Offline OP

• Still Cranky After All These Years
  • Tush Hog
  • Great Minds Drink Alike
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 12:17:33 PM »
Got my season tickets in the mail today, and boy have they really classed up the package.  In addition to nice graphics that really "pop," the tickets come in a wire-bound set with your name printed on the front.  Even the parking hang-tag has a bit of style to it rather than being the plain, utilitarian type they've used for years.  Not sure why they went to all the expense for such fancy-ass tickets, but it is certainly impressive.   :thumbup:

There appear to have been some technology upgrades as well:  single-game tickets can be purchased online and you can print them at home rather than going to the will-call window pick up.  I've done this a few times at MLB parks, and it's pretty damn convenient.  Season ticket holders can also e-mail tickets they won't use to someone else who can print out a new ticket to use for the game.  I'm curious to see how well this works since I can't make many of the games.
You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • Boar
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 02:47:02 PM »
It pains me but when talking about Big East Baseball Memphis may have one of the finer parks but teeny weenie to SEC specs:

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 04:04:43 PM »
It pains me but when talking about Big East Baseball Memphis may have one of the finer parks but teeny weenie to SEC specs:

Agreed.

I drive by UT-Arlington's field here all the time, and it's nicer than Memphis's.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 05:14:55 PM »
Got my season tickets in the mail today, and boy have they really classed up the package.  In addition to nice graphics that really "pop," the tickets come in a wire-bound set with your name printed on the front.  Even the parking hang-tag has a bit of style to it rather than being the plain, utilitarian type they've used for years.  Not sure why they went to all the expense for such fancy-ass tickets, but it is certainly impressive.   :thumbup:

There appear to have been some technology upgrades as well:  single-game tickets can be purchased online and you can print them at home rather than going to the will-call window pick up.  I've done this a few times at MLB parks, and it's pretty damn convenient.  Season ticket holders can also e-mail tickets they won't use to someone else who can print out a new ticket to use for the game.  I'm curious to see how well this works since I can't make many of the games.

Got my tickets today too. I agree they look really really nice. They have done the spiral bound thing for a couple of years though.

Offline BoarlissWilliamson

• Boar
  • Infected with the brain eating amoeba since 2006
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 06:23:20 PM »

I heard they tickets have barcodes now, is that right?  If so, that will make couterfeiting Razorback tickets more difficult (which will be nice).  It will also make actual attendance much more accurate and easy to do.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 06:59:15 PM »
I heard they tickets have barcodes now, is that right?  If so, that will make couterfeiting Razorback tickets more difficult (which will be nice).  It will also make actual attendance much more accurate and easy to do.

Yes, tickets are barcoded.

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 12:08:55 PM »
I feel like I am missing a pre-season Arkansas baseball hype video.  If anybody gots one, come up off it.
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • frick Him!
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Love Handle

• A Shoat
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 07:17:26 PM »
Is 103.7 going to preempt games for women's basketball and crap like that again this year?  It kills me that they bid for the contract and then won't broadcast all the games.

Offline BoarlissWilliamson

• Boar
  • Infected with the brain eating amoeba since 2006
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 07:30:48 PM »
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=205379517&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
FAYETTEVILLE - Razorback E-Tickets, a new digital ticketing solution, will be launched for the 2012 University of Arkansas baseball season. The interactive system will give Razorback fans three new convenient options for buying, printing and transferring tickets as well as making entry into Baum Stadium more efficient on game day.

With the change to digital ticket scanning, fans will benefit from the heightened protection against counterfeit tickets and can take advantage of new digital ticketing services including print-at-home single game tickets and ticket transfers for season ticket holders.

"Razorback E-Tickets will provide our fans with a more interactive and convenient ticketing options to help make their trip to Baum Stadium even more enjoyable," Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Jeff Long said. "Some of the feedback we received from our fans during the recent Razorback Seat Value Plan (R.S.V.P.) was that fans wanted a more engaging and user-friendly ticket system. We worked with our partners at Paciolan, to come up with a ticketing solution that addressed those concerns. With the new system our fans can now go online buy and print their tickets 24 hours-a-day, seven days a week. Razorback E-Tickets is the next step in our continuing commitment to customer service for our fans."

Baum Stadium, like many other college and professional venues, will scan all tickets using a bar-code on each ticket to verify admission. Scanning will identify counterfeit and stolen tickets and provide improved security and service. A help window will be located at the main ticket office at Baum Stadium to help fans with any ticket scanning issues or to answer questions regarding the new technology. It is recommended that fans plan on arriving a few minutes earlier than normal to avoid any delays in entering the stadium in the initial implementation of the new digital ticketing system.

University of Arkansas students will gain access to Baum Stadium via their student ID cards at the Hog Pen gate. Students must enter the gate to have their ID scanned and be credited with RazorReward points.

Fans that purchase single game tickets to Razorback Baseball games may now print them at the office or at home using a standard printer. Each print-at-home ticket arrives as a separate attachment and should be printed on a separate piece of  8 1/2 x 11-inch white paper using either black or color ink. A print-at-home ticket should be treated just like any other ticket

For fan security, print-at-home tickets are individually bar-coded.  The bar-code allows one scan per entry so any attempts to duplicate, alter or sell any copies of the print-at-home ticket may result in admittance being refused to the event.

Ticket transfers allow season ticket holders, who encounter scheduling conflicts, to email tickets to another person who then prints out the tickets on demand.  Season ticket holders must log in to their online account at ArkansasRazorbacks.com to transfer tickets. Bar-codes are printed on each transferred ticket and scanners are used at each entrance to validate the tickets.  Once a ticket transfer is made, the original ticket becomes null and void and may not be used for admittance. Ticket transfers may only be utilized with season tickets and are not available for purchased single game tickets.

Arkansas opens the 2012 baseball season this weekend at Baum Stadium against Villanova University. Friday's game begins at 3:05 p.m. while Saturday's and Sunday's games are set for a 1:05 p.m. start. The Razorbacks are ranked No. 4 in Baseball America's pre-season poll and were selected by league coaches to defend their SEC Western Division Championship in the annual pre-season poll. 

Looks like students and ushers have a reason to actually scan student IDs now.   :'(

Online rzrbkfan69

• Wild Hog
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 10:44:39 AM »
Question for those that go to games and sit in left field. I have always sat in the reserved seats but a bunch of us are coming up for Saturday's game and will be in left field. What are the allowances out there? Can you bring in coolers? Containing adult beverages? Must be in a cup?
You hear that? My friends are laughing at me!!! They are laughing at me! - Clark

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 11:05:07 AM »
Question for those that go to games and sit in left field. I have always sat in the reserved seats but a bunch of us are coming up for Saturday's game and will be in left field. What are the allowances out there? Can you bring in coolers? Containing adult beverages? Must be in a cup?

Yeah, no bottles, though. Just cans, I think.  And make sure you have cups.  Other than that, have fun.

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • frick Him!
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2012, 12:49:00 PM »

2 important rules for not screwing it up for everyone else.

1.  Bring a trashbag and police your own area.
2. Don't act like a drunken asshole.

have a good time.
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Online Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • You're killing your father, Larry.
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 12:56:45 PM »

have a good time.

hear, hear.

This should be posted out there for all to see.
Yo whut it do this ya boi Feezio, da A-R-K's hottest rap supastar n entrepenoor!  I bleed dat red blood.  Immon the come up.  So ya best get down dem bois with all dat cash!  We get paid!

Online rzrbkfan69

• Wild Hog
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 02:07:26 PM »

have a good time.

I prefer tailgaiting in Fayetteville rather than the golf course, I am not from Saline County, and have no qualms about telling a drunken idiot to STFU.

Our group will have no such idiots.
You hear that? My friends are laughing at me!!! They are laughing at me! - Clark

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.307 seconds with 21 queries.