Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "40 Minutes of Starkville" ESPNU, 8p.m. Official Thread  (Read 15906 times)

Offline libertyhog

• Not a very good
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
Re: "40 Minutes of Starkville" ESPNU, 8p.m. Official Thread
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2012, 11:30:07 AM »
Surprising it took 4 pages to draw you in, racist.

I don't think he's a racist. He just hates Nolan and HDN.  Really, really hates. 
Can't is the cancer of Happen.

Offline MurleyGerson

• A Shoat
  • "I like me some pork"
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2012, 11:43:48 AM »
Only while his protege Mike Anderson is the coach, if that ever ceases to be the case, Nolan will once again unleash his full hatred on the UA.

I don't think so.  Unless Long tells MA to give the smarter kids more playing time.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2012, 11:44:48 AM »
I was disappointed that the cause of Nolan's demise wasn't mentioned.  As I recall, the Broyles administration fricked up J. Patte's and S. Adebayo's paper work which lead to four years of NCAA investigations.  Many of Nolan's players transferred.  Recruiting suffered.

If I was Nolan, I'd hate Frank's guts.

Interesting that you mention this, because Friday night I watched a lot of the replay of the game against Missouri at BWA from December 1995.  This was early in the season after we lost the title game to UCLA, and there were a lot of changes in the lineup from the preceding three years.  Gone were guys like Corliss, Scotty, Clint McDaniel, Corey Beck, Dwight Stewart, etc.  In were freshmen Kareem Reid, Pat Bradley, Derek Hood, and juco transfers like Jesse Pate and Sundaye Adebayo.   

Pate and Adebayo both played very well in that game, prior to the whole eligibility mess, and Ali Thompson (a true freshman that year) was blocking shots all over the place.  While not nearly as good a team (especially after losing Pate and Adebayo) as the several that preceded it, that team still went to the Sweet Sixteen. 

That's the last time we've been past the second round in the NCAA Tournament.  1995-1996.   

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:55:09 AM by Law_Hawg »
Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Offline likeupthisramp

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2012, 11:48:20 AM »
Those games in may/day era vs Bama were epic. The talent and skill level was off the chart. You are correct, early entry has killed the college game.
Although it was a Hog loss, probably the best bball game I have ever witnessed was Arkansas vs Bama in our first SEC tournament.  I think it was the semifinal game and played in Birmingham - I would guess half of the crowd was for the Hogs.  Probably 6 or 7 NBA players in that game and we lost it on a three pointer by some Bama guard that barely scored.

Not just the way we played, but the way the crowd dominated gave us immediate respect from Kentucky fans.  The SEC really needs for us to do our part of getting the Ark/Kentucky rivalry back.

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2012, 12:11:47 PM »

Interesting that you mention this, because Friday night I watched a lot of the replay of the game against Missouri at BWA from December 1995.  This was early in the season after we lost the title game to UCLA, and there were a lot of changes in the lineup from the preceding three years.  Gone were guys like Corliss, Scotty, Clint McDaniel, Corey Beck, Dwight Stewart, etc.  In were freshmen Kareem Reid, Pat Bradley, Derek Hood, and juco transfers like Jesse Pate and Sundaye Adebayo.   

Pate and Adebayo both played very well in that game, prior to the whole eligibility mess, and Ali Thompson (a true freshman that year) was blocking shots all over the place.  While not nearly as good a team (especially after losing Pate and Adebayo) as the several that preceded it, that team still went to the Sweet Sixteen. 

That's the last time we've been past the second round in the NCAA Tournament.  1995-1996.   

Actually, D. Robinson remained on the the team the 95-96 season.  I recall during the SEC round-robin, ESPN showed a lot of those games when the Pate-Adebayo-Robinson combination was really kicking ass.  I also remember that we wouldn't have made the NCAAT without P. Bradley's blitzkrieg against Georgia in the SECT.  With Pate and Adebayo, we'd of been a different team.  The NCAA gave our program a titanic screwing that season and others.

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2012, 12:14:55 PM »
Actually, D. Robinson remained on the the team the 95-96 season. 

That was a typo.  I meant Dwight Stewart.  Went back and changed it after I realized my mistake.

I didn't see much of Robinson in that particular game I was watching the other night, but Lee Wilson saw a lot of playing time (and actually looked pretty decent) before he fouled out.

From the December 25, 1995, edition of The Sporting News:

The Hogs are gobbled up by monstrous expectations

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:22:58 PM by Law_Hawg »

Offline HogBroyles

• A Shoat
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2012, 01:01:43 PM »
Anyone know whether it will be replayed, and if so, can I get it on something other than the U?  Until later this week I am doomed to dish network and can't find anything on the search feature or on espin's website.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2012, 01:10:53 PM »
That says Last 7 days, brah.

Offline PorkSaladAnnie

• Tush Hog
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2012, 01:13:01 PM »
Surprising it took 4 pages to draw you in, racist.
Throwing out the "Racist" BS again huh?
Everybody who is not fond of all the things Nolan did to the UA on his way out is not a racist. In fact many of them, just like me, were big supporters and fans of Nolan for a long time.
Calling everybody "racists" who dares to express anything remotely considered as criticism of Nolan just weakens the term and makes people quit listening to the barking dog.
"Whether you're Black or White;
 Country, Redneck or Freak;
 Young or Old;
 From London, to Moscow or Memphis;
 Elvis Presley will still be the King of Rock & Roll."

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2012, 01:15:59 PM »

That was a typo.  I meant Dwight Stewart.  Went back and changed it after I realized my mistake.

I didn't see much of Robinson in that particular game I was watching the other night, but Lee Wilson saw a lot of playing time (and actually looked pretty decent) before he fouled out.

From the December 25, 1995, edition of The Sporting News:

The Hogs are gobbled up by monstrous expectations

Good find there.  I wouldn't have known there were any internet articles going back that far.  I couldn't find the 95-96 schedule results anywhere.  I didn't realize they started 4-3 that season.  I just recall they were hot near mid-season before Pate-Adebayo were yanked.

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2012, 01:18:27 PM »
Good find there.  I wouldn't have known there were any internet articles going back that far.  I couldn't find the 95-96 schedule results anywhere.  I didn't realize they started 4-3 that season.  I just recall they were hot near mid-season before Pate-Adebayo were yanked.

Check this out:

1995-96 Arkansas Men's Basketball Schedule

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2012, 11:10:21 PM »
nolan quit and needed to be fired

the frick is MA daughter playing at texass for
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Online TC

• Boar
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2012, 12:22:30 AM »
nolan quit and needed to be fired

the frick is MA daughter playing at texass for

She's a senior.  Where do you think she should be playing?       

Offline HipHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2012, 12:40:48 AM »
She's a senior.  Where do you think she should be playing?     
um i dont know, maybe a school that wasnt a rival or same conf where my dad coached
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Online TC

• Boar
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2012, 01:01:21 AM »
um i dont know, maybe a school that wasn't a rival or same conf where my dad coached

She could have made that decision regardless of where dad coached.  And if she did consider it, she sat at the same supper table with dad and she probably had a strong inclination he was ready to go when the phone rang from Arkansas.   
Besides that, this is women's college bb we're talking about.  And it's not like she left Arkansas to go to Texas.  She left Missouri.

Offline HogBroyles

• A Shoat
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2012, 08:40:53 AM »
That says Last 7 days, brah.
I think it says Monday at 11:00 pm, brah.

Offline HipHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2012, 10:52:21 AM »
She could have made that decision regardless of where dad coached.  And if she did consider it, she sat at the same supper table with dad and she probably had a strong inclination he was ready to go when the phone rang from Arkansas.   
Besides that, this is women's college bb we're talking about.  And it's not like she left Arkansas to go to Texas.  She left Missouri.
yea, thanks for that explanation, i am now dummer for having read that

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2012, 11:31:53 AM »
yea, thanks for that explanation, i am now dummer for having read that
Are you being serious about all this?

If so, you really  need to let some things go.

Offline radioman

• Boar
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2012, 11:59:02 AM »
Recruiting changed in the 90's as AAU coach/handler/street agent became the person to deal with instead of the high school coach. Red Boots didn't like dealing with those rascals and his hands were tied when it came to recruiting Juco's which was always a strength of his.

This is my only problem with Nolan.  He didn't respond to the changing recruiting environment, and when the performance suffered as a result of not changing what he was doing, the whole thing became a Nolan vs. Administration thing with Nolan making allegations that his problems with the administration were because of his race.  Granted, he didn't get the chances that Nutt got, but I don't think that was about race as much as the football team being Frank's pet project, where he had to have one of "his" type of coaches.

Hopefully, Mike Anderson is going to kick ass and continue to heal the wounds.  I think we all learned a lesson from what happened with Nolan and that was that the UofA needed stronger administrators.  I don't think there was enough emphasis placed on how to help Nolan do better by asking him how he could fix the recruiting and what administration could do to help.

Offline HipHog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2012, 12:20:43 PM »
Are you being serious about all this?

If so, you really  need to let some things go.
let my hatred for texass go? not gonna happen

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2012, 12:28:10 PM »
let my hatred for texass go? not gonna happen
No, your whole deal on hating the fact that Yvonne Anderson plays for them is really kind of creepy, but then again, par for the course with you.

Online bigghurtt

• An elder statesman of nonsense, if you will.
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Re: "40 Minutes of Starkville" ESPNU, 8p.m. Official Thread
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2012, 01:21:37 PM »
Throwing out the "Racist" BS again huh?
Everybody who is not fond of all the things Nolan did to the UA on his way out is not a racist. In fact many of them, just like me, were big supporters and fans of Nolan for a long time.
Calling everybody "racists" who dares to express anything remotely considered as criticism of Nolan just weakens the term and makes people quit listening to the barking dog.

You're either racist or stupid.  Either way, you're a douche.
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2012, 02:05:41 PM »

What kind of reaction do you all think we would have to Nolan today if we hadn't walked in the wilderness from 2003-2011?  Suppose John White had bled to death while jacking off with a cheese grater the week before Nolan's meltdown, and Frank had been able to hire whomever he wanted.  Bill Self was all but on a plane to come to the press conference when White put his grubby little dick grabbers all over the process.  Assuming Self had been hired and had the success that he's had at Illinois and Kansas since that time, would we still be so happy and gracious towards Nolan for his accomplishments?  I like to think we would, but something tells me a lot of the sentiment from the end of Nolan's tenure would remain.
I think John White screwed up pretty much everything he touched in athletics, but I can't say I completely blame the UA for not hiring Self. Watching that documentary, I remember thinking how bad we would have looked had we hired a white coach. I don't think our whole program was racist like Nolan made it sound but that would have been some nice evidence for his court case and things might be a lot different right now.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
Re: Re: "40 Minutes of Starkville" ESPNU, 8p.m. Official Thread
« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2012, 02:12:26 PM »
You're either racist or stupid.  Either way, you're a douche.
He needs to kind of lay down on the ground for a minute, just stay there for a second, and have a good bleed. And just bleed.

Offline NotoriousPIG

• Boar
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2012, 02:54:10 PM »
I think John White screwed up pretty much everything he touched in athletics, but I can't say I completely blame the UA for not hiring Self. Watching that documentary, I remember thinking how bad we would have looked had we hired a white coach. I don't think our whole program was racist like Nolan made it sound but that would have been some nice evidence for his court case and things might be a lot different right now.

Fixt

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.357 seconds with 20 queries.