Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: fricking Daylight Savings  (Read 5247 times)

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
  • They buy me nice school clothes.
Re: fricking Daylight Savings
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2012, 01:41:23 PM »
Possum Grape is (or at least was) the closest place to by beer if you went to school in Searcy.

Which is irrelevant since people who go to school in Searcy don't drink.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2012, 01:57:20 PM »
Which is irrelevant since people who go to school in Searcy don't drink.
Gotta keep it all at home.

Offline Mr A Ziffell

• ....OLD....
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2012, 02:16:57 PM »
I wish I knew how to change my clock in my car....

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2012, 05:36:42 PM »
I blame the metric system.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2012, 06:26:59 PM »
I wish I knew how to change my clock in my car....
mine is finally right again
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline Joe Swine

• I backtraced it, Doc.
  • King of the Hogs
  • I can guess the rest
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2012, 10:33:21 AM »
The vines are all in the timber, but I don't see much actual possum grape.  the japanese beetles have them et up before the fruit ever sets.  I always thought a possum grape was just wild grape, as opposed to a scupnun or muskydine.

Scuppernong and muscadine grow wild.  They were here before the white devils came.

Offline boartitz

• To LA via Omaha
  • King of the Hogs
  • And now, for something completely different
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2012, 11:16:23 AM »
If you're being fer real….

They're close to falling back right now, next weekend or in April. It gets confusing because sometimes they're 15 hours ahead of us and sometimes they're only 13 (we spring forward and they fall back.)

And it gets REALLY confusing these two or three weeks in between now that the U.S. starts before St. Patrick's Day and ends sometime after Halloween.

And if you think having Arizona and Hawaii doing their own thing makes things a little busy, check this aMm out.

You don't have to go that far to get into fricked up timekeeping.

Effective April 2, 2006 - all of Indiana observes daylight saving time. Effective April 2, 2006 - the eight Indiana counties of Daviess, Dubois, Knox, Martin, Perry, Pike, Pulaski and Starke moved from the Eastern to Central Time Zones.
Effective March 11, 2007 - Pulaski County moved back to the Eastern Time Zone. Previously Pulaski County had moved from Eastern to Central Time effective April 2, 2006. The Federal Government has approved Pulaski's request to return to the Eastern Time Zone.
Effective November 4, 2007 - The five counties of Daviess, Dubois, Knox, Martin, and Pike moved from Central to Eastern Time effective when Daylight Saving Time ended. The Federal Government did not approve Perry County's request to return to the Eastern Time Zone.

Note: This website lists official time zones as set by the U.S. Dept. of Transportation. Some communities and towns may choose not to observe these official times zones and this site does not reflect any such variances.
If you can't get even,get odd

Offline tbaker///

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2012, 11:51:42 AM »
You don't have to go that far to get into fricked up timekeeping.

Effective April 2, 2006 - all of Indiana observes daylight saving time. Effective April 2, 2006 - the eight Indiana counties of Daviess, Dubois, Knox, Martin, Perry, Pike, Pulaski and Starke moved from the Eastern to Central Time Zones.
Effective March 11, 2007 - Pulaski County moved back to the Eastern Time Zone. Previously Pulaski County had moved from Eastern to Central Time effective April 2, 2006. The Federal Government has approved Pulaski's request to return to the Eastern Time Zone.
Effective November 4, 2007 - The five counties of Daviess, Dubois, Knox, Martin, and Pike moved from Central to Eastern Time effective when Daylight Saving Time ended. The Federal Government did not approve Perry County's request to return to the Eastern Time Zone.

Note: This website lists official time zones as set by the U.S. Dept. of Transportation. Some communities and towns may choose not to observe these official times zones and this site does not reflect any such variances.

Indiana's crazy, but I give them credit for (1.) having all counties follow Daylight Time now and (B.) none of that weird half-hour bullshit.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2012, 01:39:08 PM »
Indiana's crazy, but I give them credit for (1.) having all counties follow Daylight Time now and (B.) none of that weird half-hour bullshit.

I hereby request That LR and Pulaski county execute a leap forward of 30 minutes this sunday at 2 a.m.

Offline tbaker///

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2012, 02:22:43 PM »
I hereby request That LR and Pulaski county execute a leap forward of 30 minutes this sunday at 2 a.m.

It sure would make the commute back to Conway in the evenings quicker.

Offline Dr. HawgLove

• That's Dr. Merkwerdichliebe to you
  • Tush Hog
  • Just look at the big board.
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2012, 02:40:55 PM »
My Grandmother didn't cotton to no daylight savings time, never changed her watch, and she was a Post Master in Waveland, AR and lived to 95 years old, so yeah...frick you DLS.
"God willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural fluids."

"I think you're some kind of deviated prevert. I think general Ripper found out about your prevertion, and you were organizing some kind of mutiny of preverts."

"she's shitting quite a tail, there......."

Offline gambler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2012, 03:42:08 PM »
My Grandmother didn't cotton to no daylight savings time, never changed her watch, and she was a Post Master in Waveland, AR and lived to 95 years old, so yeah...frick you DLS.
You'll get your fricking mail when you get your fricking mail.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.252 seconds with 22 queries.