Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Article on Super SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIId  (Read 1239 times)

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 12:18:06 PM by HipHog »
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
Re: Article on Super Syd
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 11:04:00 AM »
Syd? 

Seryousli?
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
  • Administrator
  • Tush Hog
  • Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »
Syd? 

Seryousli?

I've always dug Pink Floyd.   :hollah:

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 12:18:29 PM »
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
Re: Article on Super SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIId
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 03:50:06 PM »
Most people walking out of Barnhill that night were predicting that Marvin was going to be on the cover since he hung 30 on Top 10 texas (pre-three point line).  Everyone knew SI was at the game.  People cheered for the dunk, but no more than the other breakaway dunks the Triplets would get several times most games.  Watching it in real time, there was nothing particularly spectacular about it.

But, the angle of the pic, the timing, the way it was cropped, the looks on the players and fans' faces -made it one of the best non-swimsuit SI covers ever.  A great shot.

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 04:03:38 PM »
Most people walking out of Barnhill that night were predicting that Marvin was going to be on the cover since he hung 30 on Top 10 texas (pre-three point line).  Everyone knew SI was at the game.  People cheered for the dunk, but no more than the other breakaway dunks the Triplets would get several times most games.  Watching it in real time, there was nothing particularly spectacular about it.

But, the angle of the pic, the timing, the way it was cropped, the looks on the players and fans' faces -made it one of the best non-swimsuit SI covers ever.  A great shot.

Gasp! There was black on the uniforms back then!  :D
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • A Shoat
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 04:11:04 PM »

When KATV did the "Superman" by Streisand song behind his highlight video, it finishes with this dunk, and you see the camera's flash as it takes this picture. 

Yeah, that was pretty cool.

Offline hogfan58

• Bret Bielema, cheese curds and frozen custard...you betcha!!
  • Boar
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 04:23:17 PM »
Was a student at the UA at the time of the Triplets. Remember the days of the student section being 1st come, best seats. The student section filled BEFORE the opposing team even arriving at Barnhill. I was at that game...those games vs Texas/Abe were awesome.
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

Offline Snorts

• Boar
  • 7 Screaming Diz Busters
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 07:20:30 PM »
I was working in Texass during a lot of Abe's tenure.  One year, they were two games behind, and we lost, they won, and suddenly they were back in it.

On his show, he comes out as a vampire in a coffin.  Sits up and says "we ain't dead yet." 

Just ask the Axis

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 20 queries.