Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DEA Raids TCU  (Read 21300 times)

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• Write in Candidate for Arkansas's hotly contested Senate seat, Hackfuck's dog quietly appreciates your vote.
  • King of the Hogs
  • it's mah balllz....bitches.
Re: DEA Raids TCU
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2012, 04:31:29 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean by that, Gene Wilder and Bob Marley does not compute.

But yes, as a matter of fact I do know a tremendous amount about cannabis, both medicaly and recreationally speaking..  although I am a huge Marley fan, I only learnt of his excellence in my second semester of my freshman year.
***VOTE FOR HACKFUCK'S DOG!!  He's our greatest hope for the future of our state!

*This add not endorsed or funded by any candidate or their household animals.

Offline Stephen Hawging

• Jeff Long Darksider #000001
  • Wild Hog
  • Plundering taintfolds and taking names
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2012, 04:55:36 PM »
I honestly thought people quit smoking weed in the 90s.  I was surprised as Starkville to see this: 

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/weed-wars-sneak-peek-weed-wars.html

That was a good show.  Guess it got ended/cancelled/busted.  I thought they were maybe rubbing it into the Feds' faces a bit much...  Anyway, a new show on Nat Geo premiers Wednesday night:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/american-weed/

I wouldn't smoke the diggity even if I could (hair follicle tests for employment), but the criminality is in arresting people who choose to use it on their time.  Ruining lives over this piddly bullshite is a national tragedy.  Prohibition of mj is not about public safety or public health, it has always been about putting money in someone's pocket.
THIS SEASON BROUGHT TO YOU BY AMERICA'S ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, JEFF LONG!!!!

Tyrion Lannister:  "I'm not questioning your program's integrity.  I'm denying it ever existed."

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• Boar
  • Do you even woopig, bro?
« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2012, 05:46:15 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by that, Gene Wilder and Bob Marley does not compute.

But yes, as a matter of fact I do know a tremendous amount about cannabis, both medicaly and recreationally speaking..  although I am a huge Marley fan, I only learnt of his excellence in my second semester of my freshman year.

Not directed to you. I guess my mistake was attaching it to your quote. I just thought it was funny, and it fit in the 'weed' thread.

Anyway--What do you think the chances are that states will follow California's lead and adopt similar medical MJ regulation?
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

• Write in Candidate for Arkansas's hotly contested Senate seat, Hackfuck's dog quietly appreciates your vote.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2012, 10:10:05 AM »
Not directed to you. I guess my mistake was attaching it to your quote. I just thought it was funny, and it fit in the 'weed' thread.

Anyway--What do you think the chances are that states will follow California's lead and adopt similar medical MJ regulation?

I think the chances are good, at least in the long term.  Colorado already has.  I'm sure it's just a matter of time.(I hope)
***VOTE FOR HACKFUCK'S DOG!!  He's our greatest hope for the future of our state!

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • An image of excellence.
« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2012, 01:21:33 PM »

Doesn't matter if dooshbag Feds threaten and harass the providers and the state officials who regulate them. That is happening now.
An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline wolowitz

• Just wait till next year.
  • A Shoat
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2012, 02:46:20 PM »
I believe our great country has more folks, per capita, behind bars than any other country in the world.
The "war on drugs" has become an industry, with their own lobbyists in every state capitol, and DC too.
I've no idea how to solve the problem, but our current situation is retarded in every way.
Oh, and don't get your hopes up about legalization in our lifetimes. California couldn't even pass it. No way Arkansas (I gargle jizz, BTW) ever will.
Dead Trees can cover up 180k and we fire a guy for 20k....Dead Trees NC, Hogs Weedwacker Bowl bound.

Ty Webb

Offline HogTuba

• Dirt City Hog
  • A Shoat
« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2012, 02:51:23 PM »
I believe our great country has more folks, per capita, behind bars than any other country in the world.
The "war on drugs" has become an industry, with their own lobbyists in every state capitol, and DC too.
I've no idea how to solve the problem, but our current situation is retarded in every way.
Oh, and don't get your hopes up about legalization in our lifetimes. California couldn't even pass it. No way Arkansas (I gargle jizz, BTW) ever will.

The US has 25% of the world's prison population with ~4% of the world's actual population.

Private prisons, lack of reforming attitude, Puritanical opposition, etc. etc. etc.
"A beautiful sense of anger, a fury full of pride."

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2012, 04:55:57 PM »
There are a lot of similarities between how we conduct the commerce of our prison system and the "war on drugs" to the same insane thinking we use to churn money out of people getting sick and needing medical care.

We are a crazy capitalism, unfettered by common sense and self discipline and resistant to anything we call "regulation", thus allowed to run amok. 

Offline boartitz

• To LA via Omaha
  • King of the Hogs
  • And now, for something completely different
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2012, 06:05:09 PM »
The US has 25% of the world's prison population with ~4% of the world's actual population.

Private prisons, lack of reforming attitude, Puritanical opposition, etc. etc. etc.
A lot of those other countries just execute you instead of locking you up.
If you can't get even,get odd

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2012, 06:26:22 PM »
You stoners need to admit there has already been a huge amount of de facto decriminalzation in all fifty states.  People picked up for recreational amounts or a bong (possession of a criminal instrument) get a fine with little chance of a court appearance unless they're a minor.  Even then, you can be sentenced in a way where it won't become part of your record.

Jails, county and state, are over crowded and the over worked and underpaid assitant prosecutors are rarely interested in tossing Cheech and Chong into the clink for recreational use.  The idea that The Man is making a mint by bulding prisons with state tax dollars and tossing recreational users into prison isn't consistent with my experience.  Privately run prisons are still pretty unusual, at least in Arknsas.

But, we do have too many non-violent criminals behind bars (although I can think of one - Lu Hardin - who SHOULD be in jail).
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
  • Administrator
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2012, 06:54:11 PM »
You stoners need to admit there has already been a huge amount of de facto decriminalzation in all fifty states.  People picked up for recreational amounts or a bong (possession of a criminal instrument) get a fine with little chance of a court appearance unless they're a minor.  Even then, you can be sentenced in a way where it won't become part of your record.

Jails, county and state, are over crowded and the over worked and underpaid assitant prosecutors are rarely interested in tossing Cheech and Chong into the clink for recreational use.  The idea that The Man is making a mint by bulding prisons with state tax dollars and tossing recreational users into prison isn't consistent with my experience.  Privately run prisons are still pretty unusual, at least in Arknsas.

But, we do have too many non-violent criminals behind bars (although I can think of one - Lu Hardin - who SHOULD be in jail).

It's not gone far enough.  There are people wasting away in cells who would otherwise be productive citizens.  Worse yet, they're likely to come out of those cells as hardened people.  I personally know some folks who were solid people, are solid people, who were so broken by the time they got out that they were never the same.  They'll live the rest of their fractured lives in fear of crossing some arbitrary line.  And for fricking what purpose?  How does it serve the purpose of the state?

I'm not arguing with you, Arkguy, as I think you likely agree.  I'm just angry as all Starkville that we're STILL putting people in a pen for smoking dope.

Freedom my ass, Amerika. 

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2012, 07:18:04 PM »
A majority of the most fricked up things in the world can be explained with my handy three point checklist.

Problem X is perpetuated because of one or more of the following:
a. Money
b. Religion
c. puthy
If Problem X is perpetuated because of all three concurrently, hasty relocation is advised.
...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2012, 07:33:54 PM »
It's not gone far enough.  There are people wasting away in cells who would otherwise be productive citizens.  Worse yet, they're likely to come out of those cells as hardened people.  I personally know some folks who were solid people, are solid people, who were so broken by the time they got out that they were never the same.  They'll live the rest of their fractured lives in fear of crossing some arbitrary line.  And for fricking what purpose?  How does it serve the purpose of the state?

I'm not arguing with you, Arkguy, as I think you likely agree.  I'm just angry as all Starkville that we're STILL putting people in a pen for smoking dope.

Freedom my ass, Amerika.

In fact, I mostly do agree.  In fact, one of the few things Jesse Jackson and I agree on - other than liking Dr. Suess - is his line, "it's cheaper to send a young man to Harvard than send him to prison."  I think there are varius reasons for a shift in mindset on the subject of decriminalsation for non-dealer quanities of (REAL dealers, not the kid who sits next to you in physics) pot.   From the left, there are the usual suspects.  But on the right, there are more and more people who see it as a dollars and cents thing.

I'm too laxy to look it up but the percentage of Arkansas' state budget on prison construction, maintenance and taff support is huge.  K-12 gets their mooney but higher ed takes a lot of that hit.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Online HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2012, 07:39:33 PM »

Freedom my ass, Amerika.
its against the law, doesnt matter if you think it should or shouldnt be, its illegal. if you do something that is illegal and you know the punishment is going to prison, then you're a fricking moron and have no arguement if you get caught
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Administrator
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #139 on: February 19, 2012, 08:25:30 PM »
its against the law, doesnt matter if you think it should or shouldnt be, its illegal. if you do something that is illegal and you know the punishment is going to prison, then you're a fricking moron and have no arguement if you get caught

Have you ever questioned authority in your life, or do you just succumb to every law these fricks put on the books?

"Law" is not a synonym for "moral."

Online HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2012, 08:32:26 PM »
Have you ever questioned authority in your life, or do you just succumb to every law these fricks put on the books?

"Law" is not a synonym for "moral."
i question authority all the time. I think i should be able to carry my weapon any where i want. Im a non felon, dont do drugs, have my permit yet i am restricted on where i can carry . I think that law is dumb, it keeps me from protecting my self and my family, BUT i follow the law, not because i think its right, but because i know the consequences.
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2012, 08:38:05 PM »
  Privately run prisons are still pretty unusual, at least in Arknsas.

Whackenhut Correctional Services would like a word with you about that.

Offline allswell

• A Shoat
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2012, 08:40:19 PM »
accoording to the tcu police chief it wasnt just weed

The drugs involved included marijuana, cocaine, " ;Dmolly ;D" -- a powdered form of ecstacy, ecstacy pills, and prescription drugs like Xanax, Hydrocodone and Oxycontin, McGee said.

Offline HogTuba

• Dirt City Hog
  • A Shoat
« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2012, 09:45:12 PM »
i question authority all the time. I think i should be able to carry my weapon any where i want. Im a non felon, dont do drugs, have my permit yet i am restricted on where i can carry . I think that law is dumb, it keeps me from protecting my self and my family, BUT i follow the law, not because i think its right, but because i know the consequences.

I was unaware you could murder someone with marijuana.
"A beautiful sense of anger, a fury full of pride."

Offline snoots

• Tush Hog
  • "Get them to sign on the line which is dotted"
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2012, 01:52:15 AM »
I was unaware you could murder someone with marijuana.

Depends if you are talking domestic or international production.  See Nuevo Laredo.

Offline littlerayofsunshine

• Wild Hog
  • Bitches, rub your titties if you love Big Poppa...
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2012, 06:21:31 AM »

I know.  It's like when you see poor people, and you know damn well someone taught them growing up what the consequences of not being rich were.  Idiots.  Some people never learn.
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."  - Carl Sagan

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2012, 11:45:32 AM »

Do you drink alcohol?

You so know the history of that in America, don't you?
You can now buy on virtually every corner what was pronounced by our government as the bane of Our society.  You can actually manufacture small quantities of wine or beer for yourself, but not whiskey.  As long as we have a country run by politicians and lawyers. There will always be a way for them to harvest the wool from the sheep.

Prisons, medical services, criminal justice system.  Take your pick.
All they have  to do is find something the masses are afraid of(prison,butt sex) and something the masses desire(drugs, alcohol, freedom from oppression) and you have the perfect recipe for control.

Online bigghurtt

• An elder statesman of nonsense, if you will.
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Re: DEA Raids TCU
« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2012, 12:26:40 PM »

About 25% of those in jail nation-wide are there for non-violent drug convictions, up about 150% over the last 30 years.

http://reason.com/archives/2011/06/08/prison-math

The US currently imprisons their own at the highest rate in the history of open societies, and at least 1/4th of it is driven by moral legislation that hurts society and increases drug use and violence attached to drug use.

"De facto" dicriminalization is bullshit when the law still says you can be put in a cage and your future destroyed based on what you do with YOUR body.

Also, on tapatalk and not taking the time to quote every post I'm responding to, but...

Cannabis is NOT a drug.  It is a plant which contains cannabinoids, which have some pharmacological and physiological properties.  Marinol is a drug.  Cannabis is an illicit substance.

As for tobacco, the government heavily subsidizes it and heavily earns off it, I believe.  If so, they're dealing in it just as much as Philip Morris is.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:16:48 PM by bigghurtt »
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2012, 12:52:54 PM »
I don't want weed legalized. Contrary to popular opinion on here, it is a gateway drug. Seen it too many times. You can downplay it all you want, but the bottom line is it's illegal. Why risk your future doing an illegal drug? Simple, the world is full of dumbasses. I could smoke weed, but I choose not to. I do not want to jeopardize my job nor my freedom.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Online libertyhog

• Not a very good
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2012, 01:15:22 PM »
I don't want weed legalized. Contrary to popular opinion on here, it is a gateway drug. Seen it too many times. You can downplay it all you want, but the bottom line is it's illegal. Why risk your future doing an illegal drug? Simple, the world is full of dumbasses. I could smoke weed, but I choose not to. I do not want to jeopardize my job nor my freedom.

Just when this thread was calming down, you go and post this. 

:popcorn:
Can't is the cancer of Happen.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.343 seconds with 20 queries.