Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DEA Raids TCU  (Read 22167 times)

Offline Stephen Hawging

• Jeff Long Darksider #000001
  • Tush Hog
  • Plundering taintfolds and taking names
Re: DEA Raids TCU
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2012, 01:47:21 PM »
its against the law, doesnt matter if you think it should or shouldnt be, its illegal. if you do something that is illegal and you know the punishment is going to prison, then you're a fricking moron and have no arguement if you get caught

Don't some states still have laws on the books saying it's illegal to sex up your wife with anal/oral.  Would people who choose to participate in these prohibited activities also qualify as "fricking morons?"
THIS SEASON BROUGHT TO YOU BY AMERICA'S ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, JEFF LONG!!!!

Implores you bitches to just accept the unyielding, planet-crushing black hole karma of Razorback Football.

Offline bigghurtt

• An elder statesman of nonsense, if you will.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2012, 02:20:11 PM »
I don't want weed legalized. Contrary to popular opinion on here the overwhelming bulk of statistical, anecdotal, cultural and scientific evidence, it is a gateway drug.

Keep it honest.
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Online Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2012, 02:30:07 PM »
I believe our great country has more folks, per capita, behind bars than any other country in the world.

As you stated, this is a great country.  And the freest country in the world.

I'm not making a direct correlation between the freest country in the world and more folks behind bars, but i'm assuming it doesn't hurt.

It's definitely something I'm not bitching about anytime soon.
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2012, 02:33:58 PM »

I'm not making a direct correlation between the freest country in the world and more folks behind bars, but i'm assuming it doesn't hurt.

It's definitely something I'm not bitching about anytime soon.
Are we really the freest country? I figure someone like Iceland was probably "freer", if you can really calculate that. But then again they have to have a special website just to make sure they aren't related to their one-night-stand so they can't be that great.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Online Arkansas Proud

• King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2012, 02:35:49 PM »
I don't want weed legalized. Contrary to popular opinion on here, it is a gateway drug. Seen it too many times. You can downplay it all you want, but the bottom line is it's illegal. Why risk your future doing an illegal drug? Simple, the world is full of dumbasses. I could smoke weed, but I choose not to. I do not want to jeopardize my job nor my freedom.

This is very true.  No one who has ever stopped at just weed understands what you're saying here.  But it's sort of like being an addict.  With many people, weed leads to many other drugs.  You can find thousands of testimonies that state this, and that's the primary reason it's still illegal, despite what pot-smokers want to publicize.

To me, the argument that "well, alcohol is legal, so pot should be" just doesn't hold any water.

Offline bigghurtt

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2012, 02:38:15 PM »
You can find thousands of testimonies that state this, and that's the primary reason it's still illegal, despite what pot-smokers want to publicize.

And yet, there is literally no evidence of it. 

There are few things that have been proven incorrect as often as the "gateway" theory.  It's horseshit, and that's been roundly proven.

Offline bigghurtt

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2012, 02:39:40 PM »

Not even close.  Not even close to close.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2011/04/let_x_units_of_freedom_ring.html

Of course, that article was written when we still had the guarantee of a right to trial, and before our government began assassinating its citizens without levying charges on them.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 02:43:34 PM by bigghurtt »

Online Arkansas Proud

• King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2012, 02:40:42 PM »
Keep it honest.
And yet, there is literally no evidence of it. 

There are few things that have been proven incorrect as often as the "gateway" theory.  It's horseshit, and that's been roundly proven.

I don't know what statistics say b/c I don't really care to look this stuff up, but I know what addicts say.  Every single addict of a harder drug (not prescription, that's an issue in and of itself) I've talked to in person started with pot.  Probably b/c pot is easy to find.

And I've talked to a lot of addicts.

But some study you can find on the internet or in a book might be right.  It's just not MORE right than actual human interaction.

Offline bigghurtt

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2012, 02:47:41 PM »
I don't know what statistics say b/c I don't really care to look this stuff up, but I know what addicts say.  Every single addict of a harder drug (not prescription, that's an issue in and of itself) I've talked to in person started with pot.  Probably b/c pot is easy to find.

But some study you can find on the internet or in a book might be right.  It's just not MORE right than actual human interaction.

It's 1000% more right than actual human interaction.  You haven't talked to 1% of 1% of the addicts out there, and you haven't weighted your interactions to make sure and account for other factors.  You don't have enough of a sample size to make any kind of statement, and you have done literally absolutely ZERO to show that marijuana use had any effect on later drug use.

Also, it doesn't matter if every drug user in the world says they started on pot.  The large and overwhelming number of people who use Cannabis, don't use other illegal drugs.  That is, in itself, proof that you're wrong.

Also, how many of those same drug users who "started" with pot never drank alcohol, smoked cigarettes, listened to rock or rap, or went swimming?  Approximately zero, I'm sure.  Are all of these things "gateways" to hard drug use?

Offline Peanut Adams

• i didn't go to high school, i bought one.
  • Tush Hog
  • pincher of harmonics
« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2012, 02:51:04 PM »
To me, the argument that "well, alcohol is legal, so pot should be" just doesn't hold any water.

you are so dumb. you are really dumb, for real.

Online Arkansas Proud

• King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2012, 03:00:49 PM »

Also, it doesn't matter if every drug user in the world says they started on pot.  The large and overwhelming number of people who use Cannabis, don't use other illegal drugs.  That is, in itself, proof that you're wrong.

Can't argue with a statement like that.

It's fine with me.  I'm not going to argue this point.  Arguing with a pot smoker over the legality/illegality of pot/gateway to other drugs subject is like arguing with Alabama on how many national championships they have.

Either one is pointless, but I'd much rather argue the second.  And I'll gladly be called stupid for stating this.  I've been called stupid for a lot less.

Offline bigghurtt

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #161 on: February 20, 2012, 03:13:38 PM »
Can't argue with a statement like that.

It's fine with me.  I'm not going to argue this point.  Arguing with a pot smoker over the legality/illegality of pot/gateway to other drugs subject is like arguing with Alabama on how many national championships they have.

Either one is pointless, but I'd much rather argue the second.  And I'll gladly be called stupid for stating this.  I've been called stupid for a lot less.

I'm not calling you stupid.  I'm telling you you're wrong.  And you are, and it's easy to prove.

And, you're actually the Alabama fan in this scenario.  You're claiming things for which there is no proof, for which the proof actually directly contradicts you, and then dismissing anything that proves you wrong.

You're not arguing with me, by the way.  You're arguing with all of the data, and all of the research.  That's between you and whatever premium you put on the truth.

Offline Mike Slive

• Boar
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2012, 03:15:57 PM »

Started with pot?  You mean before they ever tried alcohol or tobacco?  Hmmm, I wonder if those 2 are gateway drugs?

Offline LaMoHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2012, 03:19:57 PM »
Started with pot?  You mean before they ever tried alcohol or tobacco?  Hmmm, I wonder if those 2 are gateway drugs?

It all boils down to Big League Chew.

Offline Hogustus

• Wild Hog
  • ex-commissary clerk
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2012, 03:22:25 PM »

The plural of anecdote is not evidence.

Offline pigsteye

• A Shoat
  • Nominum Quid Geminus?
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2012, 03:23:19 PM »
the original gateway drug.

suffers from aggressive behavior that stems from increased detachment from reality and inability to cope with the forces in the world perceived as threatening

Offline Stephen Hawging

• Jeff Long Darksider #000001
  • Tush Hog
  • Plundering taintfolds and taking names
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2012, 03:26:18 PM »
The thing about the gate-way theory is that, real addicts are going to get what they can, when they can.  Just because they got pot first, doesn't mean they wouldn't have gone straight to heroin if they'd had that opportunity first.  Pot is usually first because its cheap and widely available to teenagers.  That's all.  There is no causality in opportunity.

THIS SEASON BROUGHT TO YOU BY AMERICA'S ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, JEFF LONG!!!!

Implores you bitches to just accept the unyielding, planet-crushing black hole karma of Razorback Football.

Offline Splurge

• is crawling on his belly clearing out what could have been
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2012, 03:38:47 PM »
It's 1000% more right than actual human interaction.  You haven't talked to 1% of 1% of the addicts out there, and you haven't weighted your interactions to make sure and account for other factors.  You don't have enough of a sample size to make any kind of statement, and you have done literally absolutely ZERO to show that marijuana use had any effect on later drug use.

Also, how many of those same drug users who "started" with pot never drank alcohol, smoked cigarettes, listened to rock or rap, or went swimming?  Approximately zero, I'm sure.  Are all of these things "gateways" to hard drug use?

Not throwing a dog in this fight (trying to sit on the sidelines and use it as a learning opportunity): You are dismissing his arguments for lack of empirical evidence or statistical facts.  Valid point.

But then you are making your argument/case without giving any empirical evidence or facts yourself but rather broad, generalized statements or opinions (e.g. "The large and overwhelming number of people who use Cannabis, don't use other illegal drugs."

I personally am trying to objectively sift through all of this, but its hard when "cases" are being made with no real facts given.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer:  I don't smoke pot or other illegal drugs (never have) but don't judge or care about others who do - none of my business.  However, I did get a blow job in HS and I can definitively say that was a gateway to wanting another and wanting more sex, so there's that. 

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2012, 03:42:38 PM »

Offline bigghurtt

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2012, 04:06:51 PM »
Not throwing a dog in this fight (trying to sit on the sidelines and use it as a learning opportunity): You are dismissing his arguments for lack of empirical evidence or statistical facts.  Valid point.

But then you are making your argument/case without giving any empirical evidence or facts yourself but rather broad, generalized statements or opinions (e.g. "The large and overwhelming number of people who use Cannabis, don't use other illegal drugs."

I personally am trying to objectively sift through all of this, but its hard when "cases" are being made with no real facts given.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer:  I don't smoke pot or other illegal drugs (never have) but don't judge or care about others who do - none of my business.  However, I did get a blow job in HS and I can definitively say that was a gateway to wanting another and wanting more sex, so there's that.

I'm at work, or I would be happy to link the numbers all day.  Ask my friend Google, he's pretty handy.

Offline TC

• Boar
« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2012, 04:14:33 PM »
I'm at work, or I would be happy to link the numbers all day.  Ask my friend Google, he's pretty handy.

See, now I'm calling bullshit.

No one on the woopigs works.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2012, 04:24:21 PM »
Don't some states still have laws on the books saying it's illegal to sex up your wife with anal/oral.  Would people who choose to participate in these prohibited activities also qualify as "fricking morons?"

One law is enforced and one isn't.
Homies help homes.......always

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2012, 04:51:12 PM »
There is little chance of anyone busting into your bedroom and making sure you aren't doing anal. There is even smaller chance of your wife being an undercover cop in a sting operation. And really, if she was...wouldn't it be worth it, just for the story you could tell your friends?
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline Mike Slive

• Boar
« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2012, 04:51:24 PM »
I get not using because it is illegal but I cannot understand why anyone would be ok with alcohol being legal and pot being illegal. Calling pot a gateway drug and not alcohol. Starkville, alcohol is the gateway to lots of illegal activity, including sodomy.

I really can't believe some people. Alcohol is eleventy trillion times worse for your body, mind, and society yet cock suckers look down their noses at someone while they smoke a doob. Freaking nonsense.

Offline The Red Death

• Glitch fixer
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2012, 04:51:35 PM »
The only reason AT ALL that someone could say marijuana is a gateway drug is because the people who sell marijuana are constantly pushing the other stuff.  It's not that marijuana causes people to want to do other drugs, it's BECAUSE IT'S ILLEGAL AND YOU HAVE TO GET IT FROM SOME SHITHEAD WHO WANTS TO SELL COCAINE AND CRACK TOO. 

So in effect the prohibition of marijuana is the gateway to illegal drug use.  Treat it like alcohol.  Sell it.  Tax it.  Get it off the streets and everyone's quality of life will be improved.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
George Carlin

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.327 seconds with 20 queries.