Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DEA Raids TCU  (Read 20150 times)

Offline papermill

• King of the Hogs
Re: DEA Raids TCU
« Reply #225 on: February 23, 2012, 03:53:36 AM »
It was a joke.

"Kill the Lawyers.  Kill them tonight."

But I'm dead serious about DARE.  DARE's turned out more junkies than Krispy Kreme.

Kill the lawyers is a joke?

It's real to me dammit.

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #226 on: February 23, 2012, 08:53:59 AM »

That's an issue with all the Puritan descended contemporary American versions of Christianity (in the south).
Fixed that. You'd be surprised how many pastors and church members have no problem with having a beer, and it's a growing movement among Christians to realize it's ok to have a beer and especially if that is the best way to meet and talk with someone that wants to talk to you about church stuff. Places like Seattle and Colorado it's really common, but there is a pastor in Dallas at a fairly large church who is very open about feeling like it's ok to have a beer. You just won't see any of that among the older bible belt crowd, but outside of that it's pretty common.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #227 on: February 23, 2012, 11:07:13 AM »
Somebody - I think it was Garrison Keiler - said, "Lutherans are very open and joyful in their drinking and very private and reserved in their worship.  Baptists are very open and joyful in their worship and very private in their drinking."
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline LashHog

• King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #228 on: February 23, 2012, 12:03:06 PM »
I'm curious, seeing the LOL MIzz post about meth and thinking of this thread. Those of you that are passionate about weed being legalized or decriminalized, what do you think of meth? I assume some will be consistent in that the government shouldn't control any "drugs" and meth should be ok, but I also assume some will think the line stops at meth since it can hurt other people with exploding labs.

How should the government handle meth users and makers?
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #229 on: February 23, 2012, 12:09:28 PM »
I'm curious, seeing the LOL MIzz post about meth and thinking of this thread. Those of you that are passionate about weed being legalized or decriminalized, what do you think of meth? I assume some will be consistent in that the government shouldn't control any "drugs" and meth should be ok, but I also assume some will think the line stops at meth since it can hurt other people with exploding labs.

Personally I don't care what folks stick in their body but meth is a toxic chemical and should be regulated like any other toxic chemical.  There's no safe way to make it that I know of and it creates a hazardous environment for people, particularly kids, to live in.  So I guess I would be ok for legalizing it for recreational use but there should be stiff penalties for anyone trying to make their own.

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• The founding father and unchallenged grandmaster of Gentile-Jitsu
  • King of the Hogs
  • it's mah balllz....bitches.
« Reply #230 on: February 23, 2012, 12:13:53 PM »

I know this will draw fire but I say legalize it.
If it's legal there will be little to no profit in it for the makers, the messicans will stop trafficking it, I will be able to buy sudafed again...all will be right with the world come alergy season.

Users are going to use, nO matter what.  Might as well take the profit out of it for the criminal element and free up tons of tax dollars spent fighting
A Losing drug war, "punishing" drug users with prison at taxpayers expense...
It will never happen because there is entirely to much money to be made on all sides.
I'm the math teacher.  Listen up and learn, bitches.  i'm like an expert and aMm.

Offline HogTuba

• Dirt City Hog
  • A Shoat
« Reply #231 on: February 23, 2012, 01:37:37 PM »

Not sure how I feel about legalizing it (though Snoop has good points) I DO think that treating it as a criminal activity solves nothing, and rehabilitation is a far better solution than locking methheads in prison/Missouri
"A beautiful sense of anger, a fury full of pride."

Offline libertyhog

• Not a very good
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #232 on: February 23, 2012, 01:44:51 PM »
Eh, I don't know if I want to drive the I-55 with a bunch of tweaked out meth heads. 

Can't is the cancer of Happen.

Offline littlerayofsunshine

• Wild Hog
  • Bitches, rub your titties if you love Big Poppa...
« Reply #233 on: February 23, 2012, 01:50:40 PM »

I'm a Libertarian, so I really am not concerned so long as others people aren't harmed in the manufacture or use of it.  This can get a little complicated in practice.  I feel a single man who lives alone and smokes crack is in no way doing anything illegal.  But if that same man has a couple kids and they get exposed to the drug itself or suffer as a result of their dad's use of the drug (e.g., no cereal/milk for breaskfast because daddy spent his last $20 on a rock last night), that's crossing the line if you ask me.  Same thing with manufacture - if you can make it without putting anyone other than yourself in harm's way, go for it.
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."  - Carl Sagan

Offline JDHog

• Lineman for the County
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Mayor of Titty City
« Reply #234 on: February 23, 2012, 01:51:57 PM »
Fixed that. You'd be surprised how many pastors and church members have no problem with having a beer, and it's a growing movement among Christians to realize it's ok to have a beer and especially if that is the best way to meet and talk with someone that wants to talk to you about church stuff. Places like Seattle and Colorado it's really common, but there is a pastor in Dallas at a fairly large church who is very open about feeling like it's ok to have a beer. You just won't see any of that among the older bible belt crowd, but outside of that it's pretty common.

I've drank beer with several preachers, including my current preacher. 

I wish they'd legalize Sudafed.  Frick a prescription.
I drive the main road.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #235 on: February 23, 2012, 02:53:35 PM »
Man, all you f'ing hippies just need to shut the frick up about our taxes.  It's the law and if King George says we have to pay our taxes without representation in Parliament, so be it. 

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #236 on: February 23, 2012, 03:01:05 PM »
I wish they'd legalize Sudafed.  Frick a prescription.
You'd hate my thoughts on DXM

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2012, 03:07:37 PM »
Eh, I don't know if I want to drive the I-55 with a bunch of tweaked out meth heads.

Hate to break it to you but you already are.

I'm a Libertarian, so I really am not concerned so long as others people aren't harmed in the manufacture or use of it.  This can get a little complicated in practice.  I feel a single man who lives alone and smokes crack is in no way doing anything illegal.  But if that same man has a couple kids and they get exposed to the drug itself or suffer as a result of their dad's use of the drug (e.g., no cereal/milk for breaskfast because daddy spent his last $20 on a rock last night), that's crossing the line if you ask me.  Same thing with manufacture - if you can make it without putting anyone other than yourself in harm's way, go for it.

I understand your concerns but the fact is these addicts are already doing this and we do have laws already in place that at least try and protect kids from worthless parents.  All these arguments could also be made for outlawing booze, gambling, and other vices that people get addicted.

Meth is some addictive nasty stuff so it is a difficult question.

Offline JDHog

• Lineman for the County
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Mayor of Titty City
« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2012, 03:38:12 PM »
You'd hate my thoughts on DXM

Please expound. 

**edit**

Because I'm always looking for new ways to get high. 
I drive the main road.

Offline bigghurtt

• An elder statesman of nonsense, if you will.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2012, 04:35:56 PM »
Meth may be the most dangerous drug; therefore, from a standpoint of practicality, it's probably more important that it be legalized than the others.

Prohibition does not fix or alleviate drug problems.  It magnifies and perpetuates them (for example, meth almost certainly wouldn't exist if drugs were legal).

You don't want people doing heroin or meth?  Legalize, educate, and mitigate.
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline littlerayofsunshine

• Wild Hog
  • Bitches, rub your titties if you love Big Poppa...
« Reply #240 on: February 23, 2012, 04:43:55 PM »
Meth may be the most dangerous drug; therefore, from a standpoint of practicality, it's probably more important that it be legalized than the others.

Prohibition does not fix or alleviate drug problems.  It magnifies and perpetuates them (for example, meth almost certainly wouldn't exist if drugs were legal).

:thumbup: :thumbup:
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."  - Carl Sagan

Offline LashHog

• King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #241 on: February 23, 2012, 04:54:11 PM »

I know you've researched this a ton, so I'm not asking as an argument but out of curiosity. If legalizing drugs ends use, why is alcohol so huge? I understand prohibition created more crime with bootleggers and such but I'd guess fewer people drank during that time than they do now. How is legalizing all drugs going to end the use of heroin and meth?

Offline Stephen Hawging

• Jeff Long Darksider #000001
  • Wild Hog
  • Plundering taintfolds and taking names
« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2012, 05:05:12 PM »
As stated, all drugs should in theory be legal, but I worry about substances that cause real hallucinations.  I'm not talking about seeing the walls melt when you drop some good blotter, either.  I mean the real voices that start telling you to do things, the actually seeing things that aren't there and the accompanying need to get your guns and load them to "stay safe."

People aren't designed to run numerous consecutive days with no sleep.  So I would be concerned about major long-acting stimulants.  However, my concerns could be allayed with research conducted on bipolar patients in the manic phase and their apparent danger to society.  Currently, about 2-4% of the US adult population is considered to be Bipolar I or II (severe enough to have been hospitalized due to mania).  Given their unique disorder, these folks would just about equal your average meth user on 3 days or more of no sleep.  We're not hearing about a crime wave of bipolar mania patients, so maybe the absolute effects of meth abuse in public wouldn't be as bad as we fear. 
THIS SEASON BROUGHT TO YOU BY AMERICA'S ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, JEFF LONG!!!!

Tyrion Lannister:  "I'm not questioning your program's integrity.  I'm denying it ever existed."

Offline Stephen Hawging

• Jeff Long Darksider #000001
  • Wild Hog
  • Plundering taintfolds and taking names
« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2012, 05:12:27 PM »
If legalizing drugs ends use, why is alcohol so huge?

The drive to reach an alternative state of consciousness is one of the strongest and most universal drives associated with homo sapiens.  We will never change that.  It'd be like telling errybody to quit fricking, or quit eating.  In fact, its just like telling teenagers not to frick.  A few special cases can manage it, but not many. 
THIS SEASON BROUGHT TO YOU BY AMERICA'S ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, JEFF LONG!!!!

Tyrion Lannister:  "I'm not questioning your program's integrity.  I'm denying it ever existed."

Offline bigghurtt

• King of the Hogs
Re: Re: DEA Raids TCU
« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2012, 05:27:44 PM »
I know you've researched this a ton, so I'm not asking as an argument but out of curiosity. If legalizing drugs ends use, why is alcohol so huge? I understand prohibition created more crime with bootleggers and such but I'd guess fewer people drank during that time than they do now. How is legalizing all drugs going to end the use of heroin and meth?

I can't say with authority that more or less people drank during prohibition, but I can tell you that there were more speakeasies in NYC during Prohibition than there are liquor stores there now, there were more DUIs etc etc.

Nothing is going to end drug use.  The best you can do is educate, and treat those who abuse as what they are, people with health problems (yes, self-inflicted health problems).

Legalizing does not end use or end the associated problems of use.  It simply allows you more regulatory control over the use, and greatly decreases the associated problems.   

Offline HogTat

• It's in my nature
  • Boar
« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2012, 05:42:39 PM »
Legalizing does not end use or end the associated problems of use.  It simply allows you more regulatory control over the use, and greatly decreases the associated problems.   

I'd agree with the last portion of this statement for certain.  With the drug being illegal, you never know what it really contains.  Even marijuana can be laced.  (There was some nasty stuff coming into Arkansas where they sprayed Kansas ditch weed with bug spray.)  So health problems tend to be more prevalent.  Second, you have crime on two levels.  One, the manufacture and sale, and two, crimes committed to support a habit.
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
  • Administrator
  • Wild Hog
  • Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
« Reply #246 on: February 23, 2012, 05:45:41 PM »
(There was some nasty stuff coming into Arkansas where they sprayed Kansas ditch weed with bug spray.) 

That wasn't bug spray.  Paraquat.

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #247 on: February 23, 2012, 05:53:05 PM »
(for example, meth almost certainly wouldn't exist if drugs were legal).

you do know that meth has been around for a long , long time right? This statement is completely false. I mean frick, hitler and the natzis took meth
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline bigghurtt

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #248 on: February 23, 2012, 05:56:19 PM »
you do know that meth has been around for a long , long time right? This statement is completely false. I mean frick, hitler and the natzis took meth

You do realize there are several degrees of separation between the amphetimines they were banging and bathtub crank, right?

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #249 on: February 23, 2012, 05:59:20 PM »
You do realize there are several degrees of separation between the amphetimines they were banging and bathtub crank, right?
oh, so only the kind you were talking about wouldnt exist, but all the other kinds would. i get it now
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.365 seconds with 21 queries.