Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DEA Raids TCU  (Read 23079 times)

Online Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hawgball will win 24 in '14-'15
Re: DEA Raids TCU
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2012, 09:55:30 PM »
I am amazed at a grown man who uses 'smh' like a 14 year old girl.
C'mon, HipHog has to keep up his street cred with his target audience.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2012, 10:26:35 PM »
He will survive it was just drugs he didnt kill or rape anyone. Smoking some Grass or snorting some blow or rolling on ecstasy doesnt make one a bad person.

Did any one inhale?
AYFSM?

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2012, 07:24:58 AM »
amazed at some of you who think doing and selling drugs is no big deal...

smh

If it's good enough for Portugal, it's good enough for me!  O0

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Blasphemer
  • Administrator
  • Tush Hog
  • Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2012, 08:03:37 AM »
If it's good enough for Portugal, it's good enough for me!  O0

Check out their crime rate since they legalized everything.  It's gone way down, especially burglary and violent crimes.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2012, 08:15:23 AM »
Check out their crime rate since they legalized everything.  It's gone way down, especially burglary and violent crimes.

That was kinda my point.

Oh, and their HIV rate has gone way down too.

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • frick Him!
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2012, 08:48:29 AM »
you dont know what you're talking about.i use to run this high school...a thousand friends, a million parties

:thumbup:
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2012, 08:50:35 AM »
You didn't read the pdf, did you?  I didn't see any mention of anything but pot in there, and from what I could decipher out of that uneducated Texican pukes writing, it was less than an ounce.  Am I missing something other than a sensationalist story on ESPiN?
I hadn't read the .pdf then but I have now. But, the one I saw was only about one player. Maybe the news story I first read about this made up all the stuff about coke and x(no, it wasn't the espn story) and if so I'll agree this is much ado about nothing. My post was based on the assumption all the news reports were correct about the x and coke and other pills.

However, sublizme or whatever is still an idiot for trying to say having a drug ring that sells coke and x(because that's what the story was at the time) is ok because it's not murder or rape. Nobody ever said murder or rape were the same as this, but he keeps throwing that straw-man out there.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2012, 09:16:44 AM »
I find it funny that so many people are like, "Well they got what they deserved" anytime there's a drug bust, regardless of the magnitude of the substance. 

It, to me, is akin to justifying religious persecution prior to the 1st Amendment.  "Sorry - shouldn't have been Catholic!"

Laws change.  I'd rather hold steadfast in my disgust at arrests like these.  They are guilty because of the law.  They are not right/wrong because of the law. And in 30 years, when we can all drive down to the grocery store for an 1/8th, all of this will be even more ludicrous. I, simply, will never believe that filing felony claims in cases like this is a proportional response. 

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2012, 10:07:53 AM »

This is just another case of the old Sports Illustrated jinx. 

Last year, SI did a story on crime in college football.  TCU was the only team in the Top 25 that didn't have any football players who had been charged with a crime.

Here we are, less than a year after that story, and BAM . . . in one day TCU gets blown up.

SI article on crime and college football
Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Online Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2012, 10:28:47 AM »
Do I think using marijuana is that big a deal?  No.

Do I think it should be legalized?  Yes

Do I think the war on drugs is a waste of time and resources?  Absolutely

But I don't feel sorry for anyone arrested for it, especially selling it, because even though I don't think it's that big a deal everyone knows it's illegal and when you participate, again especially when you sell it, you run the risk of getting arrested.
Homies help homes.......always

Offline pigsteye

• A Shoat
  • Nominum Quid Geminus?
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2012, 10:34:46 AM »
Do I think using marijuana is that big a deal?  No.

Do I think it should be legalized decriminalized?  Yes

Do I think the war on drugs is a waste of time and resources?  Absolutely

But I don't feel sorry for anyone arrested for it, especially selling it, because even though I don't think it's that big a deal everyone knows it's illegal and when you participate, again especially when you sell it, you run the risk of getting arrested.
suffers from aggressive behavior that stems from increased detachment from reality and inability to cope with the forces in the world perceived as threatening

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2012, 10:36:56 AM »
 accoording to the tcu police chief it wasnt just weed

The drugs involved included marijuana, cocaine, "molly" -- a powdered form of ecstacy, ecstacy pills, and prescription drugs like Xanax, Hydrocodone and Oxycontin, McGee said.

Read more on myFOXdfw.com: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/Texas-Christian-University-Students-Arrested-in-Drug-Sweep-021512#ixzz1mYzzpvwX
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2012, 10:38:17 AM »

In your view, what is the difference between "legalizing" and "decriminalizing"?

Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2012, 10:42:18 AM »

In your view, what is the difference between "legalizing" and "decriminalizing"?

I'd like to know this too.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2012, 10:46:23 AM »

If you feel like it should be legalized, then you must disagree with the legitimacy of it being considered criminal, no? So why wouldn't you feel for someone that will forever be known as a felon who got caught doing something that you don't think should be criminal in the first place?

I'm sure people used to get ticketed all the time for driving 70mph when the speed limit was 55.  They knew the law and they broke it. They got a ticket. THAT'S fine with me.

But sending someone to prison for aMm like this?  1 ounce of weed? That doesn't seem proportional, especially knowing the adverse effects of alcohol and how they dwarf anything that's ever been proven regarding cannabis. fricking Nancy Reagan and Richard Nixon can eat a dick.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2012, 11:04:04 AM »
If you feel like it should be legalized, then you must disagree with the legitimacy of it being considered criminal, no? So why wouldn't you feel for someone that will forever be known as a felon who got caught doing something that you don't think should be criminal in the first place?

I'm sure people used to get ticketed all the time for driving 70mph when the speed limit was 55.  They knew the law and they broke it. They got a ticket. THAT'S fine with me.

But sending someone to prison for aMm like this?  1 ounce of weed? That doesn't seem proportional, especially knowing the adverse effects of alcohol and how they dwarf anything that's ever been proven regarding cannabis. fricking Nancy Reagan and Richard Nixon can eat a dick.

If it's their first offense and if the only item being sold was limited quantities of weed they probably will never see the inside of a prison. 

If there were real drugs involved, or if they have been busted for doing this before, they deserve any time they get. 

Offline pigsteye

• A Shoat
  • Nominum Quid Geminus?
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2012, 11:19:51 AM »

perhaps a bit shortsighted, but when I hear legalizing, I envision government produced, regulated, and distributed products, like cigarettes. Burn regulators, arsenic, various phenolic compounds like benzene, and probably shwag quality? If I were a smoker, I'd rather get it from a buddy or grow my own than the man.

In contrast, i see decriminalizing simply no punishment for possession, or Starkville, even a ticket would be better than the cost of jailing someone for a non-violent offense.

I realize there holes in each argument.

suffers from aggressive behavior that stems from increased detachment from reality and inability to cope with the forces in the world perceived as threatening

Online boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2012, 11:20:14 AM »

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2012, 11:40:27 AM »
If it's their first offense and if the only item being sold was limited quantities of weed they probably will never see the inside of a prison. 

If there were real drugs involved, or if they have been busted for doing this before, they deserve any time they get.

Spend, spend, spend!  I wonder how much time and money the DEA spent on their 6 month investigation.  I wonder how much time and money the Feds will spend prosecuting these kids. 

And for what? What is the end game? Nothing.  They got a little weed and X off the streets?  Think there aren't alternatives out there already? Just get that occupancy level up in those prisons.  Gotta make sure we're above 90%! Nothing changes. Nothing. It's done nothing but get worse. 

So a kid gets busted with some arbitrary weight of MJ (I don't know what the Texas law is, but we'll say an ounce) that's above the threshold deemed for personal use.  So that kid with 1.1 ounces is now a dealer.  But it's his first offense.  So he gets a light sentence (maybe a fine and community service).  But that goes on his permanent record.  He's been convicted of a crime.  Welp.  So much for getting my degree.  Why go through the trouble if I won't be able to get a job now.  Might as well deal drugs.

I just don't get it. 

Meanwhile, if I'm 19 years old and get a DWI, all I get is a misdemeanor and some community service.  Starkville, I can do that TWICE with no real consequences.  And that's putting the public in ACTUAL danger.  WHAT THE frick!? Someone wake me up.

Offline subliznime

• Don't tread on me!
  • Boar
  • We are the like
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2012, 02:27:58 PM »
Spend, spend, spend!  I wonder how much time and money the DEA spent on their 6 month investigation.  I wonder how much time and money the Feds will spend prosecuting these kids. 

And for what? What is the end game? Nothing.  They got a little weed and X off the streets?  Think there aren't alternatives out there already? Just get that occupancy level up in those prisons.  Gotta make sure we're above 90%! Nothing changes. Nothing. It's done nothing but get worse. 

So a kid gets busted with some arbitrary weight of MJ (I don't know what the Texas law is, but we'll say an ounce) that's above the threshold deemed for personal use.  So that kid with 1.1 ounces is now a dealer.  But it's his first offense.  So he gets a light sentence (maybe a fine and community service).  But that goes on his permanent record.  He's been convicted of a crime.  Welp.  So much for getting my degree.  Why go through the trouble if I won't be able to get a job now.  Might as well deal drugs.

I just don't get it. 

Meanwhile, if I'm 19 years old and get a DWI, all I get is a misdemeanor and some community service.  Starkville, I can do that TWICE with no real consequences.  And that's putting the public in ACTUAL danger.  WHAT THE frick!? Someone wake me up.
I would wake you up but people that think like lashhog, phathog and dirkpiggler will still be around. I really thought most of this ideal would die off with the babyboomer generation but it is in full swing with people alive and well. Scary.
“An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex.”
― Aldous Huxley

Offline subliznime

• Don't tread on me!
  • Boar
  • We are the like
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2012, 02:30:48 PM »
they deserve any time they get.
Don't you worry you will get what you deserve as well.
“An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex.”
― Aldous Huxley

Offline subliznime

• Don't tread on me!
  • Boar
  • We are the like
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2012, 02:33:59 PM »

Just say no! (to drugs not legal to our government. But always say yes to getting help through the pharmaceutical industry!)
― Aldous Huxley

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2012, 02:43:04 PM »
Don't you worry you will get what you deserve as well.

I already have, and I'm enjoying the aMm out of it. 

Hopefully you too can make it through your partying stage without OD'ing or getting busted. 

Offline subliznime

• Don't tread on me!
  • Boar
  • We are the like
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2012, 02:57:37 PM »
 :french
I already have, and I'm enjoying the aMm out of it. 

Hopefully you too can make it through your partying stage without OD'ing or getting busted.
Just because muzz, ocelot and i think it should be legalized doesnt mean we are sitting at home with needles hanging out of our arms. My partying years are passed me as well. Congratulations for surviving. I still enjoy a nice homebrew and a spliff. That for sure doesnt make me an overdosing criminal partier.
― Aldous Huxley

Offline HogTat

• It's in my nature
  • Boar
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2012, 02:59:40 PM »

In my view, it would be keeping your job, and I live in a medical marijuana state. 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35913492/ns/business-careers/t/wal-mart-worker-fired-over-medical-marijuana/#.Tz1tvcjL848

Joseph Casias has been legally using medical marijuana to deal with the gnawing pain caused by sinus cancer and an inoperable brain tumor pressing against his skull. He says he never used it when he was on duty as an associate at a Wal-Mart in Battle Creek, Mich, and he never went to work high.

But one morning he went to work and was fired for it.
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.285 seconds with 22 queries.