Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kindergarten Kansas State fan refuses teacher's instructions to color a Jayhawk  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs

As reported in detail at Lost Lettermen and the Kansas City Star, 5-year-old Emma Burton of Olathe, Kan., refused to participate in a class coloring assignment when she and her classmates were told to color in a Jayhawk, the mascot of the University of Kansas. The coloring exercise was part of the kindergarten class' celebration of the state of Kansas.

However, Emma wouldn't comply with her teacher's instructions. Instead, according to her mother -- Bug Bytes blogger Julie Burton -- the four-foot tall tot brazenly refused to color the Jayhawk on the grounds that she doesn't like the University of Kansas. She took the Jayhawk sheet she had been handed, walked up to her teacher and asked for a Powercat (the mascot of Kansas State) to color. When Burton was told there weren't any Powercats to color, she threw the Jayhawk in the trash.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/kindergarten-k-state-fan-refuses-color-jayhawk-mascot-170922025.html
Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Online Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
Why is this even a story? The teacher can click her heels together threve times and go frick herself. Love the way the mother handled it. Kid should get free KState tickets for awhile.

Offline asshat

• Tush Hog
  • Hates all things Auburn
    • please click here to see the World Famous Artist Sean Terrence Best !!
Teacher should of had them color a picture of the state bird...

Quote from: Duckman
This is exactly where we are at, dead on:  To everyone that is hushing the Gruden talk, stop it, there IS a deal in place...

Offline papermill

• King of the Hogs
Teacher should of had them color a picture of the state bird...

and if anybody had a vintage crayola set from the 50's they could have used the flesh crayon...oh wait, nevermind

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
Lost Lettermen even reported that the Kansas State president wrote her a letter to jokingly offer her a scholarship for 2025.

Jokingly, my ass.  I'm putting that letter in my safety deposit box for the next 13 years if I'm that little girl's mom.  Hellllllllo free college!

Offline Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
Why is this even a story? The teacher can click her heels together threve times and go frick herself. Love the way the mother handled it. Kid should get free KState tickets for awhile.

Huh?

You'll color whatever the frick I tell you to color, little bish.  I don't give a aMm what podunk school your parents are from. 

Next thing you know we'll have little ASU haters refusing to color their Razorbacks red.  Where will it all end?  Let's stop the madness now.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
Kid should have obeyed orders but drawn a dead jayhawk being peed on by a wildcat.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
She should have just colored it purple and put a bubble saying, "Go KSU!"

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
Learn to do what the teacher asks kid. This 5 year old isn't too smart anyway if her handwriting is any indication (my Pre-K girl writes better than that) PLUs she's another dumbass K St fan in training. No wonder those EMAW folks are so fricked up.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
Her parents may have had to suffer by going to KState and just living in Kansas in general, but they sure raised their girl right.

If I lived in Texas or Louisiana or Alabama, I would hope my girl would do the same.   :thumbup:
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 20 queries.