Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sportsmanship on the diamond. HSU girls softball.  (Read 1543 times)

Offline hogggdadi

• Tush Hog
  • I'm watching you on the pig. always
Sportsmanship on the diamond. HSU girls softball.
« on: February 15, 2012, 06:48:33 PM »
Saw this on the news tonite. HSU is up by 3 when girl hits a home run with 2 on.  Girl on 2nd goes back & rolls her ankle, unable to go home, team can't help. HSU girls carry her around to touch 3rd & home.  This ties up the game. 

Henderson goes on to win in extra innings.  Great sportsmanship

I know it's not hogs, & it's softball, & sports is slow right now. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBDtroBx3U4
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 07:57:48 PM by hogggdadi »
You only have to be the best team today.

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Sportsmanship on the diamond. HSU girls softball.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 07:39:35 PM »
Saw this on the news tonite. HSU is up by 3 when girl hits a home run with 2 on.  Girl on 2nd goes back & rolls her ankle, unable to go home, team can't help. HSU girls carry her around to touch 3rd & home.  This ties up the game. 

Henderson goes on to win in extra innings.  Great sportsmanship

I know it's not hogs, & it's softball, & sports is slow right now. 

She couldn't hop? What a puthy

Offline Thin Red Swine

• King of the Hogs
  • Habitually stepping over...
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 07:49:54 PM »

So original...

Offline Show-Me Hog

• King of the Hogs
  • Yep
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 08:13:20 PM »
She couldn't hop? What a puthy

That's exactly what I thought.  Who can't make it from 2nd to home after a rolled ankle?

Offline reverendhog

• Chaplain of teh woopussy
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 10:21:10 PM »
Any coach worth his salt after the game would have said, "Girls, I appreciate th Massengil moment. But that's my damn job out there. You're supposed to want to rip out he heart of your competitor. So what she turned her ankle? You should want her to break the damn thing. Morons."
He who learns must suffer. And in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God. - Aeschylus

Offline Hog Leg

• 12th son of the Lama
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 01:18:29 AM »
Ya what happened to "Rub some dirt on it and quit your crying". 

Offline jsimp

• Tush Hog
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 06:58:51 AM »
this whole thing reaks of drama queen

Offline Sus-Scrofa

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 07:08:09 AM »
Any coach worth his salt after the game would have said, "Girls, I appreciate th Massengil moment. But that's my damn job out there. You're supposed to want to rip out he heart of your competitor. So what she turned her ankle? You should want her to break the damn thing. Morons."

I think a homerun makes it different.  A wide open receiver blows a knee 15 yards from the endzone and no one is near him, he needs to hobble his tail across the line.  A basketball player on a breakaway has a cramp, it's on him. 

Here, the girl earned the runs, running the bases is really a technicality.  Not helping her would be like a loser claiming a W when the other team had a win vacated.

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • UPGRAYEDD. Two D's for a double dose of pimpin'.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 10:12:55 AM »
Se hurt her knees and wrists, too?
The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 10:28:42 AM »
I think a homerun makes it different.  A wide open receiver blows a knee 15 yards from the endzone and no one is near him, he needs to hobble his tail across the line.  A basketball player on a breakaway has a cramp, it's on him. 

Here, the girl earned the runs, running the bases is really a technicality.  Not helping her would be like a loser claiming a W when the other team had a win vacated.

I won't argue with letting her hobble to home plate while everyone stands and watches. But carrying her over a rolled ankle? Do they carry people off the field for rolled ankles or just support them while they hop or walk gingerly to the sidelines?

The only way I could see it being acceptable to actually carry someone would be if it were a gory Tyrone Prothro type ankle break where the whole fricking thing snaps in half.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 10:30:33 AM »
Is there a time limit for going around the bases?  If there isn't then I can see them helping her out instead of standing there for 20 minutes as she crawls or hobbles to home.
Homies help homes.......always

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 10:34:25 AM »
In Babe Ruth's last season or two, he had a courtesy runner run out his HR's, which was legal back then.  He'd touch first, then go have a smoke while the PR would complete the circuit.

In slow (and fat white guy) pitch in some leagues, you are forbidden from running them out.  lik was said, she "earned" her homer.

In MLB rules you don't earn a homerun, however, until all four bases are touched.  BUT, they have a rule that specifically addresses a player getting hurt while running out a homer.  Rule 5.10 (c)(1) allows the ump to call time and allow a pinch runner.
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/downloads/y2011/Official_Baseball_Rules.pdf

3 or 4 years ago, Benjie Molina hit one off the tin roof at ATT Park with a man on and it bounched onto the field.  Umps didn't signal it  a HR cause they thought it merelt hit the wall so Molina stops at first.  His manager puts in a pinch runner.  When the pitcher tossed the ball to the ump for a new one, it was noticd there was green paint on the ball, so umps did replay and awarded a homer.  Ump told the pinch runner to run it out so he did.

I don't know how they scored it but I guess Molina got both RBI's but maybe didn't get the run scored.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline gambler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 06:12:38 PM »
I bet if there had been a shoe sale at home plate, bitch would have made it.

Offline Mike Slive

• Boar
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 08:15:06 PM »
So this is why Sanitorum doesn't think women folk should be on the front lines.  :stache:

Offline Hardpork

• Wild Hog
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 08:38:33 PM »
So this is why Sanitorum doesn't think women folk should be on the front lines.  :stache:

Damn, that was funny.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 20 queries.