Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Corndogs to Gods Country  (Read 16301 times)

Online big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
Re: Corndogs to Gods Country
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2012, 10:49:52 AM »

I'll see you next year...in Fayetteville.

and Les Miles was all like

I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2012, 11:11:17 AM »

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2012, 11:18:52 AM »
But you'd also see a stadium maybe 2/3 full at best if it was that big of a snowstorm. Obviously with many folks will be heading up Friday morning after Thanksgiving, a snowstorm like that would damper the crowd along with our high flying offense. No thanks for me wanting to play in a blizzard vs LSU.

I was there in Razorback Stadium in 1992, and the bottom of the stands had icicles hanging off of it. The Hogs won that day over the corndogs. The also won over this band recruit and future Alumni that day. :helmet:

I marched in the Auburn game the next year, and let me tell you, that is as close as Blizzard conditions were during that game.

Offline Chigurh

• Call it Friendo
  • Wild Hog
  • I can't call it for you
Re: 2012 LSU Game
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2012, 01:18:30 PM »
You pick the one right tool.

Offline Raoul

• The Sand Man
  • King of the Hogs
  • You're a Dick
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2012, 01:51:34 PM »
Was there.

Me too. It was cold as Starkville and there were maybe 30k in attendance. Oscar Malone had a big game, rushing for like a buck fidy or so.  We had good seats, but moved down to the front row chairback seats behind the LSU bench. Got on TV as channel 5 asked me and my friends who should be the next coach (this was the year Crowe got Crowed after losing to the Citadel and Kines was the interim with Danny Ford as a "consultant".)
I said Ford should be coach and my 2 buddies, not huge college fans, answered Barry Switzer and Lombardi.

Offline GeoHogsGeo

• Woopig Poll
  • Boar
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2012, 03:37:58 PM »
Me too. It was cold as Starkville and there were maybe 30k in attendance. Oscar Malone had a big game, rushing for like a buck fidy or so.  We had good seats, but moved down to the front row chairback seats behind the LSU bench. Got on TV as channel 5 asked me and my friends who should be the next coach (this was the year Crowe got Crowed after losing to the Citadel and Kines was the interim with Danny Ford as a "consultant".)
I said Ford should be coach and my 2 buddies, not huge college fans, answered Barry Switzer and Lombardi.

I think Danny could have at least won a SEC Championship had his heart been in it. His soul never left his ranch. And with all that, he was still twice the Coach that replaced him.

Offline Nukinhawg

• social pariah, banal bucolic of the lost rabble
  • Tush Hog
  • Tongue punching moms in the fart box since ...
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2012, 03:41:03 PM »
I was there in Razorback Stadium in 1992, and the bottom of the stands had icicles hanging off of it. The Hogs won that day over the corndogs. The also won over this band recruit and future Alumni that day. :helmet:

I marched in the Auburn game the next year, and let me tell you, that is as close as Blizzard conditions were during that game.

I was there with you in both casses.  Even stole an Auburn football during that one.
You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler

Online wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2012, 03:42:00 PM »
Its a shame that Damn Eagle didn't drop dead from hypothermia.
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline Hog of the South

• A Shoat
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2012, 03:46:12 PM »

I remember watching that game.  It was cold and windy and LSU just gave up after the first quarter or so. 

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
  • Administrator
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2012, 07:27:30 PM »

We recruit for band?  Seriously?

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2012, 07:54:17 PM »
Funny Crowe gets mentioned.

He's still coaching Jacksonville St, so he will be visiting Fayetteville this year as well.

Offline allswell

• A Shoat
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2012, 10:06:11 PM »

So would I.  I'm with the good doctor on wanting to be at a game in a driving snow. 

The only game game I've ever been to where there was even snow around was the 1995 game against the school now known as Louisiana-Lafayette.  The game was November 11 that year and I was a freshman at the UA.  It snowed quite a bit the Friday night immediately before the game, but didin't snow any on the Saturday of the game.  The game was in the afternoon and they had cleared off the field and the parts of the bleachers were you put your butt.  However, all that snow and ice was pushed down into the place where your feet are, so you were basically sitting there with your feet resting on packed ice and snow. 

We won 24-13 against a Ragin' Cajuns team that featured Jake Delhomme at QB and Brandon Stokely at WR.  I'm pretty sure my feet left with a small amount of frostbite. 

baylor 1991 - final swc game in nam. not much shelter from storms back then at razorback stadium - very cold and inches of snow. jason allen went down that game and so did th razorbacks.

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2012, 11:59:26 PM »
baylor 1991 - final swc game in nam. not much shelter from storms back then at razorback stadium - very cold and inches of snow. jason allen went down that game and so did th razorbacks.
That was a brutal game to be at.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2012, 12:03:50 AM »

Damn global warming has taken all the snow games away from Fayetteville.

Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Administrator
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2012, 08:45:13 AM »
That was a brutal game to be at.

If either of you stayed to the bitter end that day, we've met.  I think there were about six of us who stayed to the end that day.

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2012, 08:49:04 AM »
If either of you stayed to the bitter end that day, we've met.  I think there were about six of us who stayed to the end that day.
I did not stay...I recall leaving early 4th quarter when I no longer could feel my feet.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Suck my cock I'll murder your family!!!-jacki mhoon
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2012, 08:50:37 AM »
I was at this game.  I was also at the auburn game in the early 90s. Froze my ass off. 
"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline Raoul

• The Sand Man
  • King of the Hogs
  • You're a Dick
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2012, 09:12:12 AM »
I was at that one also. Came up for Midnight Madness on Friday in blizzard conditions on hwy 71 in a Hyundai. Took 5 hours from Conway. Earliest snow I ever remember (late October).

Offline Splurge

• is crawling on his belly clearing out what could have been
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2012, 10:06:39 AM »
I was at all of those games.  Baylor 91 was terrible - probably the coldest.  Not much snow at all, just spitting.  I assume because it was so damn cold.  And Muzzy, I was there with you.  Dumb, maybe, but I was there.  And people forget that it was on national TV back when that was a huge thing and it seemed like we were never on.  At least we were treated to a 9-5 shootout (loss).  We had like 60 yds passing and about the same in rushing.  What a shitty, shitty game all around.  Ironically, that was the first game I remember them selling pizza.  I remember this because I came thisclose to shoving it down my pants trying to warm up.  fricking cold.

Auburn 93 was pretty rough since there was a ton of snow just sitting there, they didn't shovel the stands, and I thought I was going to lose a toe.  Then, I went immediately after an camped all night outside Barnhill just to get a voucher to buy student season tix for basketball...and man, was it worth it (NC year).

Texas A&M '85 (I think) in the driving sleet was pretty damn bad.  I still feel the sleet hitting my left cheek blowing straight in over the Broyles Center from the north.

LSU '93 was a day game (only redeeming factor) on the same day I played my last HS football game.  I somehow ended up with like 20 tickets and you couldn't pay people to go.  That was a cold motherfricker.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2012, 11:21:47 AM »
I did not stay...I recall leaving early 4th quarter when I no longer could feel my feet.

Only game I ever left early that wasn't because of having a young kid.  Left at half-time.  Just a miserable day.
Homies help homes.......always

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2012, 03:54:59 PM »
Only game I ever left early that wasn't because of having a young kid.  Left at half-time.  Just a miserable day.

I was there also with my brother and our 2 boys, ages 4 and 5 at the time. I think we left a little after the half. My son's first Fayetteville game. Made it up to him, though, by taking him to the Tennessee game in '99.

Offline Jackie Treehorn

• Tush Hog
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2012, 05:41:54 PM »
I was there also with my brother and our 2 boys, ages 4 and 5 at the time. I think we left a little after the half. My son's first Fayetteville game. Made it up to him, though, by taking him to the Tennessee game in '99.

I was about the same age as those boys, and that was my first Razorback game that I remember.  I spent the entire second half in the vehicle because of the snow and cold.
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.

Online chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • Boar
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2012, 05:47:19 PM »
The 93 Auburn game was homecoming. I was doing my time at ASU while becoming a resident of Arkansas so I could transfer up here and not pay out of state rates and remember first hitting snow at Clarksville on the way up to spent the weekend in Pomfret with the girlfriend. (I used to spend entire weekends in her room, she had a roomie from Rogers that would really treat my friend that would come up sometimes very well) We also had to camp out that weekend for basketball student tickets. It was fricking brutal to still be October.

Offline KCHOGS

• Tush Hog
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2012, 06:24:07 PM »
The coldest one I remember was a Fayetteville game vs Ole Miss.  We won 35-0 (something like this), but the sleet and rain went the entire game.  This would've been probably 12 years ago or so.  Our season tickets were still close to the top of the West side.

The most rain that I've seen was against Tulsa back when RRS was 2 sides and the East side was only 1 level.  It rained so hard we couldn't see the field from our seats (we were on East side close to the top).  I remember walking back to the car and the water coming off the hills was probably 4 inches deep.

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2012, 06:36:09 PM »
The coldest one I remember was a Fayetteville game vs Ole Miss.  We won 35-0 (something like this), but the sleet and rain went the entire game.  This would've been probably 12 years ago or so.  Our season tickets were still close to the top of the West side.

The most rain that I've seen was against Tulsa back when RRS was 2 sides and the East side was only 1 level.  It rained so hard we couldn't see the field from our seats (we were on East side close to the top).  I remember walking back to the car and the water coming off the hills was probably 4 inches deep.

"Nothing stinks like a wet Hog" - Tommy Tuberville, 1998

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.34 seconds with 21 queries.