Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Corndogs to Gods Country  (Read 16523 times)

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
Re: Corndogs to Gods Country
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2012, 09:57:34 PM »
The coldest one I remember was a Fayetteville game vs Ole Miss.  We won 35-0 (something like this), but the sleet and rain went the entire game.  This would've been probably 12 years ago or so.  Our season tickets were still close to the top of the West side.

The most rain that I've seen was against Tulsa back when RRS was 2 sides and the East side was only 1 level.  It rained so hard we couldn't see the field from our seats (we were on East side close to the top).  I remember walking back to the car and the water coming off the hills was probably 4 inches deep.

Sorry to tell you, but it was 34-0 and not that cold.  Definitely no sleet.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2012, 10:14:40 PM »
The coldest game I ever went to was in either 98 or 99. I don't remember who it was, maybe one of the Miss schools. It was sleeting its ass off. One of my best friends and I stayed for the whole game. The whole 2nd half we were standing in our band section because they left. I remember we were blowing them out and at the end they were trying to score. "The PA announcer says "Please don't let them score!". They turned it over and he says Thank you for not letting them score!". For some reason I thought that was the funniest aMm. Walked back up the hill and took forever for me to get my keys in the doorlock my hands were shaking so bad.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline JoeBobHog

• Git to fuckin'.
  • King of the Hogs
  • your wife's puthy tastes like sweet butter.
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2012, 10:21:13 PM »
The coldest one I remember was a Fayetteville game vs Ole Miss.  We won 35-0 (something like this), but the sleet and rain went the entire game.  This would've been probably 12 years ago or so.  Our season tickets were still close to the top of the West side.

The most rain that I've seen was against Tulsa back when RRS was 2 sides and the East side was only 1 level.  It rained so hard we couldn't see the field from our seats (we were on East side close to the top).  I remember walking back to the car and the water coming off the hills was probably 4 inches deep.

I smoked in the stands all day that day.

:notexas:
Irvin: BWAAHAHAHA! (yelling) Aw mane!  Deion, scrin scranton!  BWAAHAHAHA!  Got to grisna!  Like T.O.!  BWAAHAHAHA!
Sanders: BWAAHAHAHA!
Marino: OK, well like we were saying before, McNair will display the toughness and show the kind of heart that...
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (yelling) You know I scrilleous crate!  Grab a pen in traven!  BWAAAHAHAHA!  Sh*t!  Now I'm say!  Aw mane!
Sanders: HA HA!  Crenious shanta!  BWAAAHAHAHA!
Marino: What?
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (pushes Sanders in shoulder, falls backward out of chair)
Sanders:  Aw mane!
Irvin: (from ground)  BWAAAHAHAHA!

H.P. 4/27/04

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • Boar
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2012, 11:20:42 PM »
The coldest game I ever went to was in either 98 or 99. I don't remember who it was, maybe one of the Miss schools. It was sleeting its ass off. One of my best friends and I stayed for the whole game. The whole 2nd half we were standing in our band section because they left. I remember we were blowing them out and at the end they were trying to score. "The PA announcer says "Please don't let them score!". They turned it over and he says Thank you for not letting them score!". For some reason I thought that was the funniest aMm. Walked back up the hill and took forever for me to get my keys in the doorlock my hands were shaking so bad.

Craig O'neil's short tenure as PA announcer at Fayetteville.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2012, 12:04:48 AM »
Craig O'neil's short tenure as PA announcer at Fayetteville.

He was great.  He started the first down cheer iirc
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Boondock Hogs

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2012, 01:10:34 AM »
He was great.  He started the first down cheer iirc

Yes, but he also started the "Code Red" chant on defense that never took off.

Offline Splurge

• is crawling on his belly clearing out what could have been
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2012, 08:27:36 AM »
Sorry to tell you, but it was 34-0 and not that cold.  Definitely no sleet.

I agree.  It was a nasty, rainy, chilly day, but really no different than most of November.  Certainly not damn cold. 

Not like the damn '02 Cotton Bowl where it was 13 deg at kickoff with 20-30 winds.  Judas, that was bad.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2012, 09:00:40 AM »
Yes, but he also started the "Code Red" chant on defense that never took off.

I think that one is on Bazzelhof.

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2012, 09:01:19 AM »
Man, you young 'un's. Let me tell you about MY coldest experience at Razorback Stadium.

Homecoming 1972. My brother's freshman year in college at the U of A. I was 12. We started that year ranked #5 in the nation. Had Joe Ferguson as a senior. Dark horse national championship contenders. Got killed by USC at WMS in our opener. Things went downhill from there and we had 4 losses by the time SMU came to town for our homecoming. It snowed all morning and by game time it was close to blizzard conditions. I was wearing cloth tennis shoes and by halftime I could barely even feel my feet. By that time we were also behind by a couple of TDs and well on the way to another loss. We all made our way back to our old station wagon and turned the heater on. I had to take my shoes and socks off to let my feet thaw. Never been so cold before or since. I've also never again worn cloth tennis shoes to a football game. :abe:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 10:44:51 AM by Hogeye_Pierce »

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2012, 09:03:58 AM »
I think that one is on Bazzelhof.

I thought it was Keith Burns.

And the most miserable game I attended weather-wise was the 1971 Texas game; it poured down rain the whole game. The game itself was awesome.

Offline JoeBobHog

• Git to fuckin'.
  • King of the Hogs
  • your wife's puthy tastes like sweet butter.
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2012, 09:07:01 AM »
Man, you young 'un's. Let me tell you about MY coldest experience at Razorback Stadium.

Homecoming 1972. My brother's freshman year in college at the U of A. I was 12. We started that year ranked #5 in the nation. Had Joe Ferguson as a senior. Dark horse national championship contenders. Got killed by USC at WMS in our opener. Things went downhill from there and we had 4 losses by the time SMU came to town for our homecoming. It snowed all morning and by game time it was close to blizzrd conditions. I was wearing cloth tennis shoes and by halftime I could barely even feel my feet. By that time we were also behind by a couple of TDs and well on the way to another loss. We all made our way back to our old staion wagon and turned the heater on. I had to take my shoes and socks off to let my feet thaw. Never been so cold before or since. I've also never again worn cloth tennis shoes to a football game. :abe:

was that the game that McLard bounced the 60 yarder over the crossbar?

Irvin: BWAAHAHAHA! (yelling) Aw mane!  Deion, scrin scranton!  BWAAHAHAHA!  Got to grisna!  Like T.O.!  BWAAHAHAHA!
Sanders: BWAAHAHAHA!
Marino: OK, well like we were saying before, McNair will display the toughness and show the kind of heart that...
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (yelling) You know I scrilleous crate!  Grab a pen in traven!  BWAAAHAHAHA!  Sh*t!  Now I'm say!  Aw mane!
Sanders: HA HA!  Crenious shanta!  BWAAAHAHAHA!
Marino: What?
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (pushes Sanders in shoulder, falls backward out of chair)
Sanders:  Aw mane!
Irvin: (from ground)  BWAAAHAHAHA!

H.P. 4/27/04

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2012, 09:14:31 AM »

was that the game that McLard bounced the 60 yarder over the crossbar?

No. That was a couple of years before. We actually won that game.

This was the game where Jon Richardson had 4 or 5 fumbles.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
  • Administrator
  • Tush Hog
  • Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2012, 10:29:17 AM »

Homecoming 1972. My brother's freshman year in college at the U of A. I was 12. We started that year ranked #5 in the nation. Had Joe Ferguson as a senior. Dark horse national championship contenders. Got killed by USC at WMS in our opener. Things went downhill from there and we had 4 losses by the time SMU came to town for our homecoming. It snowed all morning and by game time it was close to blizzrd conditions. I was wearing cloth tennis shoes and by halftime I could barely even feel my feet. By that time we were also behind by a couple of TDs and well on the way to another loss. We all made our way back to our old staion wagon and turned the heater on. I had to take my shoes and socks off to let my feet thaw. Never been so cold before or since. I've also never again worn cloth tennis shoes to a football game. :abe:

I was thinking about that game, too.  I was there.  Biggest snowflakes I've ever seen.  Snowballs, really.  Just bigass wet globs of snow falling from the sky.

It was cold as aMm that day, but the Baylor game was colder.

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2012, 10:41:15 AM »
I agree.  It was a nasty, rainy, chilly day, but really no different than most of November.  Certainly not damn cold. 

Not like the damn '02 Cotton Bowl where it was 13 deg at kickoff with 20-30 winds.  Judas, that was bad.

I agree. A tie would be the 2010 Liberty bowl. God that was cold!

Offline RedRiverHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2012, 11:30:03 AM »

Homecoming 1972. My brother's freshman year in college at the U of A. I was 12. We started that year ranked #5 in the nation. Had Joe Ferguson as a senior. Dark horse national championship contenders. Got killed by USC at WMS in our opener. Things went downhill from there and we had 4 losses by the time SMU came to town for our homecoming. It snowed all morning and by game time it was close to blizzard conditions. I was wearing cloth tennis shoes and by halftime I could barely even feel my feet. By that time we were also behind by a couple of TDs and well on the way to another loss. We all made our way back to our old station wagon and turned the heater on. I had to take my shoes and socks off to let my feet thaw. Never been so cold before or since. I've also never again worn cloth tennis shoes to a football game. :abe:

Did you light the trash barrels in the stands on fire for warmth like my dad did?

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2012, 01:04:52 PM »
It never got below 20 for that Liberty Bowl, but the swirling ass wind in that place made it miserable.

I've never been in a public place that was so loose on set rules. People sneaking in 30 packs, smoking cigarettes in front of no smoking signs with AK47-armed security personnel walking by like it was no big deal. It was too damn cold to hassle people about petty aMm I guess

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2012, 01:17:27 PM »
It never got below 20 for that Liberty Bowl, but the swirling ass wind in that place made it miserable.

I've never been in a public place that was so loose on set rules. People sneaking in 30 packs, smoking cigarettes in front of no smoking signs with AK47-armed security personnel walking by like it was no big deal. It was too damn cold to hassle people about petty aMm I guess
Coldest I have ever been by a long shot

Offline KSHogg

• Music Man
  • Boar
  • Mobile spray tanner
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2012, 01:30:22 PM »

AK47-armed security personnel walking by like it was no big deal. It was too damn cold to hassle people about petty aMm I guess

That wasn't security, that was the local neighborhood watch! O0
Still runnin' against the wind

Offline Splurge

• is crawling on his belly clearing out what could have been
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2012, 02:26:28 PM »

The day that Tusk died on I-40.  What a horrible way to die.  :'(

(or maybe it was the day after)

Offline Rick B.

• Wild Hog
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2012, 05:09:02 PM »
Texas A&M '85 (I think) in the driving sleet was pretty damn bad.  I still feel the sleet hitting my left cheek blowing straight in over the Broyles Center from the north.

I was a sophomore at the U of A in '85 and attended this game.  The stands were almost empty by game's end.  That was a cold MFer.

Don't know if many of you attend away games but one of the aMm games early in Nutt's tenure, maybe 2000, it was cold, sleeting, freezing rain.  Just downright crappy.  Similar to that 1985 TAMU game in Fayetteville. 

I was at all the other cold ass games y'all have mentioned except for that Baylor game.  The Liberty Bowl in 2010 and the Cotton Bowl in 2002 would probably get my votes as COLDEST games I've ever attended. 

Offline LaMoHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2012, 07:14:07 AM »
I was a sophomore at the U of A in '85 and attended this game.  The stands were almost empty by game's end.  That was a cold MFer.

Don't know if many of you attend away games but one of the aMm games early in Nutt's tenure, maybe 2000, it was cold, sleeting, freezing rain.  Just downright crappy.  Similar to that 1985 TAMU game in Fayetteville. 

I was at all the other cold ass games y'all have mentioned except for that Baylor game.  The Liberty Bowl in 2010 and the Cotton Bowl in 2002 would probably get my votes as COLDEST games I've ever attended.

That aMm game was in Starkville right? I was at it. Sleeted the entire time. The girl I was dating at the time made it all the way to the fourth quarter and then told me she couldn't feel her feet. I couldn't believe she made it that long. We wound up eating at El Sombrero and listening to Arkansas win it on a fourth down stop.

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • Boar
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2012, 07:30:47 AM »

That's Memphis

Offline bigghurtt

• An elder statesman of nonsense, if you will.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2012, 08:25:53 AM »
When Arkansas played USC in 05, I was on a hillside on the border of North and South Korea.  Think it was like -30 that day, and the wind was unreal.  One of our LT's lost two fingers to frostbite.  One of the tanks spotted my OP with the IR, and I had to hang out on the side of the mountain with the OC for about 8 hours.
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2012, 08:51:15 AM »

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2012, 08:58:29 AM »
When Arkansas played USC in 05, I was on a hillside on the border of North and South Korea.  Think it was like -30 that day, and the wind was unreal.  One of our LT's lost two fingers to frostbite.  One of the tanks spotted my OP with the IR, and I had to hang out on the side of the mountain with the OC for about 8 hours.

OK. You win.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.354 seconds with 22 queries.