Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Corndogs to Gods Country  (Read 16996 times)

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
Re: Corndogs to Gods Country
« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2012, 07:01:37 PM »

That's Memphis

How can that be Memphis when the place was full of Hog fans.
AYFSM?

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2012, 07:02:55 PM »
I could go ahead and take a aMm in a Ziploc bag and bury it in the backyard to protect the king-in-waiting?
The ADEQ satellite will spot you and fine you for burying plastic and not possessing a USDA corn allotment.

I hope there's not a king in waiting.  ADG Sports needs some serious contrarian columns.  Reading them assists in voiding the GI tract in the morning.

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • Boar
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2012, 07:08:01 PM »
How can that be Memphis when the place was full of Hog fans.

The lack of concern of the employees, most were trying to take long breaks in the restrooms with heat.

General attitude of not giving a aMm= Memphis

Offline Splurge

• is crawling on his belly clearing out what could have been
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2012, 08:41:08 PM »
When I think of wet games, that 2001 Tennessee game isn't far behind the Bama game the year before.
Band couldn't even stay out, so they piped the fight song through the speakers for the running through the A. I remember the entire crowd that was brave enough to stand out in the rain singing along loudly enough to the point that it sounded like we had just all sang on our own in unison. Really fricking cool.

That was also the first night of the south endzone. Security was overwhelmed and everyone and their daughter/uncle/grandpa were in the concourse of the indoor/outdoor club areas to stay dry and warm. It was shoulder to shoulder on both levels.

Multiple lightning delays... one that I was convinced was really just because you could barely stand up straight it was raining so heavily. Clusterfuck of a night, but one people always remember.

Remember it well.  I almost added it to the list, but most of the rain had already happened all day prior to the game.  By the time the game came, it was still raining somewhat, but it was the lightning and the delays.  One of those "weird" nights and a sparse crowd for ESPN game vs Tennessee.  Great game (and cover!) although it was like 13-3 or something.

And since we seem to have another theme of games where there were only like 6 people at the end, the 2003 Florida game was up there despite the great weather.  Yes, this was the "Bua game".  We were down something like 31-3 at half and the place just gutted.  Then, we staged a huge comeback and damn near came all the way back.  It was like a carnival experience for those of us still around.  At one point, I turned around and there was literally no one for 25 rows behind us.  Strange.

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• Ask me about my givafuck. I promise you've never seen one more broken.
  • King of the Hogs
  • All the fricks that were once given have been lost.
« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2012, 09:33:25 PM »
I know you all have been waiting with baited breath on my 2cents on this.  I have been a
Little Rock guy since childhood, coming here from the Delta when the speed limits were 55 and gas was about the same.  For the past twenty years or so I have thought that we as a program NEEdED little Rock games for many reasons, among them fan support and a winning atmosphere.

Now, this day, with this coaching staff, I say frick that aMm.  If BMFP wants to play them all on the motherfucking moon because he says it gives a better chance
To win, then I say buy a gotdammed space ship and save me
 A seat.

frick it, little rock should be happy with what ever scraps are thrown our way.  The university is in Fayetteville, frank had an interstate highway system built(complete with a fricking TUNNEL) to make it easier to get there.  I am in favor.

Move along, discussion over.
Regular guy.

That's me.

Online Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2012, 09:15:23 AM »
Remember it well.  I almost added it to the list, but most of the rain had already happened all day prior to the game.  By the time the game came, it was still raining somewhat, but it was the lightning and the delays.  One of those "weird" nights and a sparse crowd for ESPN game vs Tennessee.  Great game (and cover!) although it was like 13-3 or something.

And since we seem to have another theme of games where there were only like 6 people at the end, the 2003 Florida game was up there despite the great weather.  Yes, this was the "Bua game".  We were down something like 31-3 at half and the place just gutted.  Then, we staged a huge comeback and damn near came all the way back.  It was like a carnival experience for those of us still around.  At one point, I turned around and there was literally no one for 25 rows behind us.  Strange.

I was at both of those games, and at a lot of the games mentioned in this thread. 

I'll never forget going to the aMm game in Fayetteville toward the end of the '97 season.  It was in the afternoon on a pretty nice day, and there were maybe 30,000 people there at the start of the game, and that's probably being generous.

We won the game, but I just mostly remember it for how empty the stadium was. 
Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2012, 09:17:13 AM »

I was at both of those games, and at a lot of the games mentioned in this thread. 

I'll never forget going to the aMm game in Fayetteville toward the end of the '97 season.  It was in the afternoon on a pretty nice day, and there were maybe 30,000 people there at the start of the game, and that's probably being generous.

Y'all really should think about items like this when trashing Mizzou and their attendance.
I know the situations are different and everything, but we've definitely been there before.

Offline Splurge

• is crawling on his belly clearing out what could have been
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2012, 10:03:33 AM »

I was there for that one, too.  That was my senior year.  It was a gorgeous day and we were a 11 pt. dog (why I remember this aMm, I'll never know) and won straight up.  Student section was "ok", but like you said, the rest of the stadium was sparse at best.  And that was when we had "half" of the stadium we have now.

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2012, 10:09:22 AM »
frick it, little rock should be happy with what ever scraps are thrown our way. 

+ 
 =

"Listen, you fricking fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not."
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline HogInHornLand

• A Shoat
  • Ferocious, aren't I?
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2012, 10:30:34 AM »

Well, since this thread is already derailed, I'll just mention the 2002 Troy State game in Little Rock: cold, windy, raining pretty much the entire game, and we played like ass. The final was 23-0 or something like that, but it took a couple of defensive/special teams TDs to get there.

I don't know what that has to do with RRS and Fayetteville, though.
We'll get that corrected at halftime...

Offline LaMoHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2012, 12:54:32 PM »

I stayed in Marrs Electric's box suite for that one. On the walk up to the stadium some idiot TN fan in a jersey with Ice Man (I think their QB at the time had the nickname) on the back of it was talking aMm and got the Starkville beat out of him. We got em all separated and the dude just kept walking with a bad bloody nose, left a trail the whole way up. You could hear the group yelling "The Ice Man Cometh" all the way into the stadium. Of course they wound up winning and the guy talked aMm the whole way back.

Online Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2012, 02:23:13 PM »
I was there for that one, too.  That was my senior year.  It was a gorgeous day and we were a 11 pt. dog (why I remember this aMm, I'll never know) and won straight up.  Student section was "ok", but like you said, the rest of the stadium was sparse at best.  And that was when we had "half" of the stadium we have now.

I was a junior that year.  If I remember right, it was like opening weekend of deer season and we were playing our way through the end of a really bad year.  I think it was like the next-to-last game of the year.  It was a really, really nice day, though.   

I remember them selling student tickets for $1 per game that year just to try to get some students out there.  There was a LOT of apathy at that time in the fanbase, for good reason.

Online Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2012, 02:30:18 PM »
Well, since this thread is already derailed, I'll just mention the 2002 Troy State game in Little Rock: cold, windy, raining pretty much the entire game, and we played like ass. The final was 23-0 or something like that, but it took a couple of defensive/special teams TDs to get there.

I don't know what that has to do with RRS and Fayetteville, though.

That was a pretty miserable weather day.  I was at that game, too.  Both DeMarcus Ware and Osi Umenyiora were on Troy's D-line in that game. 

Offline asshat

• Tush Hog
  • Hates all things Auburn
    • please click here to see the World Famous Artist Sean Terrence Best !!
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2012, 02:42:51 PM »

That was a pretty miserable weather day.  I was at that game, too.  Both DeMarcus Ware and Osi Umenyiora were on Troy's D-line in that game. 

...and a phantom TD from Hillis.
Quote from: Duckman
This is exactly where we are at, dead on:  To everyone that is hushing the Gruden talk, stop it, there IS a deal in place...

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• Ask me about my givafuck. I promise you've never seen one more broken.
  • King of the Hogs
  • All the fricks that were once given have been lost.
« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2012, 08:23:49 PM »

I was a junior that year.  If I remember right, it was like opening weekend of deer season and we were playing our way through the end of a really bad year.  I think it was like the next-to-last game of the year.  It was a really, really nice day, though.   

I remember them selling student tickets for $1 per game that year just to try to get some students out there.  There was a LOT of apathy at that time in the fanbase, for good reason.

I was telling a guy I work with(he is from Kentucky) about this today at work.  He couldn't believe it.  He has beento a coupl of games during the earlier Nutt years and that's about it.  He was convinced I was lieing.

I remember they were selling them not just to students, but tO anyone with a state ID, and a friend of mine bought $20 worth.  We couldn't even get 20 people to go with us
Regular guy.

That's me.

Online HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2012, 10:01:18 AM »
I was telling a guy I work with(he is from Kentucky) about this today at work.  He couldn't believe it.  He has beento a coupl of games during the earlier Hootie years and that's about it.  He was convinced I was lieing.

I remember they were selling them not just to students, but tO anyone with a state ID, and a friend of mine bought $20 worth.  We couldn't even get 20 people to go with us

I remember that. I used to have to pay fifteen bucks a ticket when I was a student.

Offline copenhaWgen

• Wild Hog
  • Satisfied since 1986
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2012, 02:44:43 PM »
baylor 1991 - final swc game in nam. not much shelter from storms back then at razorback stadium - very cold and inches of snow. jason allen went down that game and so did th razorbacks.

I was at that game.  I took off my shirt in 3rd quarter.  Only had Wild Turkey to keep me warm.

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • frick Him!
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2012, 03:17:30 PM »
holy aMm

twitters saying that WMSC is discussing hosting a bowl game. 
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2012, 04:19:02 PM »
holy aMm

twitters saying that WMSC is discussing hosting a bowl game. 

Animal Bowl?

John Daly Drunken Golf Bowl?
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2012, 04:34:34 PM »
Dead Elephant Bowl

Offline The Whyte Boar

• A Shoat
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2012, 04:37:01 PM »
You've never seen rain unless you were at the 1993 Tulsa game.  It rained so hard you could not see the other side of the stadium. 

Offline KCHOGS

• Tush Hog
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2012, 06:55:43 PM »
You've never seen rain unless you were at the 1993 Tulsa game.  It rained so hard you could not see the other side of the stadium.

I believe that's the one I referred to earlier, but I didn't know the year.

Offline FueltoFire

• Tush Hog
  • Tits or GTFO
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2012, 07:57:42 PM »
Animal Bowl?

John Daly Drunken Golf Bowl?

Annual Arkansas GusBus State Bowl

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2012, 07:59:15 PM »
All kidding aside it has to be the Wal Mart Bowl, right?

Online HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2012, 08:14:03 PM »
All kidding aside it has to be the Wal Mart Bowl, right?

How about the Bill Clinton Presidential Bring Your Own Cigar Bowl.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.659 seconds with 21 queries.