Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gators vs. Hogs. Girls with some basketball. 5 CST ESPN2  (Read 11529 times)

Offline cotte

• Woopig Softballah - SS, #11
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Gators vs. Hogs. Girls with some basketball. 5 CST ESPN2
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2012, 09:05:04 PM »
Blind officials could have called this one from the sound of the swoosh.

Worst product put on an Arkansas court since I can recall. Completelely, not ok.
We're going to pick em up when they come off the damn bus. We gonna guard people.
Mike Anderson - March 26th, 2011

Offline cotte

• Woopig Softballah - SS, #11
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2012, 09:05:46 PM »

Worst product put on an Arkansas court since I can recall. Completelely, not ok.

You can send that up there.
We're going to pick em up when they come off the damn bus. We gonna guard people.
Mike Anderson - March 26th, 2011

Offline aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2012, 09:12:37 PM »
We need some mens
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Suck my cock I'll murder your family!!!-jacki mhoon
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2012, 09:34:26 PM »

Thank you.

"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline Nick Ahpleeze

• Tush Hog
  • Uniform Traditionalist
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2012, 09:44:46 PM »
Are we really going to have to see that sad sack Nolan EVERY  FREEKING GAME !? Did Lanny Van Eman come back to games when Sutton was the coach. Hey Nolan , you're a $Millionaire go to Dillards and let them pick out a new sweater for you. Mercy sakes alive!
Hey Jeff, Red & White (no black) Jersey , 2 Red stripes on pants leg. GOT IT ?

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2012, 09:48:54 PM »
Are we really going to have to see that sad sack Nolan EVERY  FREEKING GAME !? Did Lanny Van Eman come back to games when Sutton was the coach. Hey Nolan , you're a $Millionaire go to Dillards and let them pick out a new sweater for you. Mercy sakes alive!
What year did Eman win a national championship?

Offline ups_hog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2012, 09:51:52 PM »
Mercy sakes alive!

Just focus on your knitting, Grandma.

Offline Snortingred1

• Tush Hog
  • Slightly above average common sense...slightly.
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2012, 10:08:16 PM »
I lol'd, but I consider myself a person of low comedic taste.
"What was it that Noam Chomsky said about BJ's?" -Zack Galifianakis

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2012, 10:48:30 PM »
I will not be negative, I will not be negative, i will not be negative...

The term "wide open 3" will not escape my lips.

Nor will "Ky Madden with a turnover? Really???"

I only saw the first 10 minutes of the game - my wife and I were at a concert in Tulsa - but from the comments it seems obvious that, similar to "The Shawshank Redemption," we lost because the refs fricked us.

Now, in 35+ years of watching basketball, I have yet to see a team lose at home by 30 because of the officiating, but I did DVR this one so I look forward to witnessing this momentous and historic event for myself. I'm sure that the fact that we'd been incredibly lucky to have won a few of those games at home (Michigan in particular) will never enter into it, nor will the fact that for the last 2 weeks the entire team has looked like they'd rather be anywhere but the basketball court (we did beat that powerhouse South Carolina in there, though).

Florida is better than us, sure. They're #12 for a reason. But are they 30 points better? We're young and shorthanded but these guys are definitely talented. Are Georgia and Tennessee 20+ points better? Apparently so.

We can safely stop talking about the NCAA Tournament now. And with Bama coming in next week, depending on which team of ours shows up, if we suffer another bad loss at home, a home win in the NIT isn't a given.

This is not being negative. I thought we'd go 6-10 in conference and win 15-18 games this year. They've done about as well as I thought they would, record-wise, and actually surprised me with their play in January. I loved watching them because even when they lost they played hard. But the effort just hasn't been there recently. You see a lot of bad teams in college basketball but how many of them have been consistently getting down by 20 in the first 10 minutes against mediocre teams? (Not Florida - they are a good team - that UT beat them twice is a total fluke)

I blame Pelphrey. And Heath. And John White.

Offline songofthesword

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2012, 11:00:45 PM »
I mean, it is what it is. this is not a very skilled basketball team. Young, unskilled and small. 

Offline Haugusta

• A Shoat
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2012, 11:06:21 PM »
I'm a little uneasy about this basketball team.

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2012, 11:07:48 PM »

Offline BigTrail

• six pack smack
  • Tush Hog
  • Have a big glass.
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2012, 11:22:54 PM »
Frick you Pelphrey, frick you.

Donovan, I hope your wife gives your next few teams the clap.
Carry a big stick and leave a big trail.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2012, 11:59:37 PM »

So, I didn't see or hear any of this game today.

However, since we were at home, how much did we win by?

Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Offline WORD

• Happy-go-lucky Irishman
  • Tush Hog
  • Beauty lies in the hands of the beerholder
« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2012, 12:13:21 AM »
I blame Chuck Norris
God made yeast, as well as dough, and loves fermentation just as dearly as he loves vegetation. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2012, 12:15:15 AM »

So, I didn't see or hear any of this game today.

However, since we were at home, how much did we win by?

Negative 30

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • An image of excellence.
« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2012, 12:28:27 AM »

It's too bad someone shot his horse instead of you.
An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2012, 12:32:11 AM »
I mean, it is what it is. this is not a very skilled basketball team. Young, unskilled and small.

Not skilled, or not smart? Because, like Petit Jean meats, the official ham of the Arkansas Razorbacks, there is a difference. This sentence was brought to you by Regions Bank. Sorry - channeling a little Rick Schaeffer there.

This recruiting class was ranked #6 in the country. Did the pundits miss by that much? These guys may very well end up being great, but right now they are overmatched more than I would expect for players with the accolades and expectations these guys came in with.

Offline GuinnessHog

• ( . ) ( . )
  • Boar
« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2012, 01:52:23 AM »

You're a piece of aMm motherfricker.

But I did get that non-lesbian blonde's phone number! Thanks wingman  :D

Offline jsimp

• Tush Hog
« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2012, 07:29:50 AM »
Not skilled, or not smart? Because, like Petit Jean meats, the official ham of the Arkansas Razorbacks, there is a difference. This sentence was brought to you by Regions Bank. Sorry - channeling a little Rick Schaeffer there.

This recruiting class was ranked #6 in the country. Did the pundits miss by that much? These guys may very well end up being great, but right now they are overmatched more than I would expect for players with the accolades and expectations these guys came in with.

Fatigue makes anybody look bad

Offline BoarlissWilliamson

• Boar
  • Infected with the brain eating amoeba since 2006
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2012, 07:32:27 AM »
After yesterday's performance, I will be surprised if Florida doesn't make the Final Four.  At one point they were 11 of 14 from three point range, and were perfect from the FT line.  Oddly, they didn't seem to miss threes unless they were open. 

Offline aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2012, 08:16:52 AM »
After yesterday's performance, I will be surprised if Florida doesn't make the Final Four.  At one point they were 11 of 14 from three point range, and were perfect from the FT line.  Oddly, they didn't seem to miss threes unless they were open.

We must be the easiest club to shoot 3s against.
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2012, 08:18:30 AM »
I think some of you assholes want us to get beat like this so you can come on here and bitch about Nolan or whatever else. We are not a talented team and the guys who are talented are freshmen. Some people on this board thought we might hit the wall late in the season because of our youth and I think that's exactly what happened. Of course getting beat like that at home isn't acceptable but that was the perfect storm of us having zero inside game, Florida raining threes and terrible officiating. Remember the class with Fortson and Rotnei? All of those guys would be seniors right now and NONE of them are on campus. So blame that big ugly ginger who was coaching for Florida yesterday. fricking Stan Heath is 100x the coach/recruiter that Pelphrey is.

Offline KCHOGS

• Tush Hog
« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2012, 09:34:42 AM »
I think some of you assholes want us to get beat like this so you can come on here and bitch about Nolan or whatever else. We are not a talented team and the guys who are talented are freshmen. Some people on this board thought we might hit the wall late in the season because of our youth and I think that's exactly what happened. Of course getting beat like that at home isn't acceptable but that was the perfect storm of us having zero inside game, Florida raining threes and terrible officiating. Remember the class with Fortson and Rotnei? All of those guys would be seniors right now and NONE of them are on campus. So blame that big ugly ginger who was coaching for Florida yesterday. fricking Stan Heath is 100x the coach/recruiter that Pelphrey is.
Cliff notes version.....Watch Mizzou play.  Good times to come. 

Yesterday was payback for how Pelfrey was canned, but all it did was show what kind of teams Pelfrey puts together.  If not for the instate freshman talent and BJ Young this team would be real bad.  Some even believe (KC radio) that BJ Young was pushed to Arkansas because it was known for a year that Mike would be headed South.

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2012, 11:20:04 AM »
We can only hope that Florida puts Pelphrey in charge of recruiting. I was somewhat willing to let bygones be bygones with respect to Pelphrey, but yesterday washed that down the drain. Although I eventually came around to liking Sutton again, my first year in Fayetteville was also Nolan's first year and I remember how frustrating it was seeing the shape Sutton left us in. I despised Eddie Sutton for years after that. What Stan Heath started, Pelphrey finished as far as trying to kill the program. Now that we have a real coach again, it will be interesting to see a renewed effort on the part of the coaching staff to put together a team intelligently to fit a particular system instead of just recruiting with a random number generator as Pel obviously did.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 20 queries.